What does he mean?

This might seem like a stupid question or the answer might seem obvious.

However I just played episode 5 of Season 1 and had Bruce Wayne stop Cobblepot in Cobblepot park.

An when Gordon speak to Bruce once Cobblepot has been taken care of you have four options for a reason

I didn't do it for thanks
It owes us both
I'd settle for a beer
Silence

I went with I didn't do it for thanks.

Which is pretty much exactly what Bruce says to Gordon and Gordon responds by saying how when you have been fighting crime as long as I have you take your thanks where you can get them.

I'm just wondering what does Bruce mean when he says I didn't do it for thanks?

Does he mean he expects to get something out of it?
OR
Does he mean he did it because it was the right thing to do?
OR
Does he mean he did it because it needed to be done?

Comments

• He means that he did it because someone had to stop Oswald from hurting more people, not because he expected the city to thank him, in order to fix his reputation. That's it.

• Thank you for answering my question.

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

He means that he did it because someone had to stop Oswald from hurting more people, not because he expected the city to thank him, in order to fix his reputation. That's it.

• It means that he did it because it was the right thing to do, not because he wanted people to notice and thank him for it.

• Thank you for answering my question.

I thought that that was what he meant and I am glad that it is because I had my first save file which I re-named 'Good Batman' use this as his response to Gordon and I couldn't help but think/wonder 'what if that isn't what he meant'

It means that he did it because it was the right thing to do, not because he wanted people to notice and thank him for it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.