What would you have liked to have seen happen next?

We all know now that there isn't going to be a season 3 of Batman.

A lot of people are understanding and happy the franchise ended the way it did.

I personally am and probably always will be pissed off and angry that the franchise ended the way it did.

Because of all the Telltale franchises the one that had the most potential (in my personal opinion) was Batman.

That game could have gone on and had as many seasons as The Walking Dead if not more.

Now we have all given our opinions and points of view on who we would have liked to have seen either come back from season 1 or season 2 as far as past villains are concerned as well as who we would have liked to have seen make their debut in season 3 as far as new villains are concerned.

An there has been debate about whether Avesta was/is a legit potential love interest for Bruce.

However there are a couple of things that haven't been touched upon.

An I would just like to get people's point's of view and opinions on the following aspects that in some cases would have defiantly been covered in season 3.

An others that (hopefully) would have been (depending on your choices in season 2 and 1)

So please share with us how you would have liked to have seen the following things play out if there had been a season 3.

How would you have liked to have seen Alfred come back into Bruce's life? (if you gave him up at the end of season 2)

How would you have liked to have seen Bruce become Batman again? (if you gave Batman up at the end of season 2)

What would you have liked to have seen happen as far as Tiffany either being your protégé OR a fugitive is concerned?

What would you have liked to have seen happen between Bruce and Selina whether they are romantically involved or just friends?

What would you have liked to have seen happen between Bruce and Avesta?

What Bat-gadgets and or vehicles would you have liked to have seen in season 3?

What characters from the Batman universe would you have liked to have seen have a minor role in season 3? (in other words not be the season villains or have a major part in the goings on of Season 3 but have them appear and have potential for involvement in future seasons like Victor Zsasz and Arnold Wesker in season 1)

Comments

• If Bruce gave up Alfred, then Alfred comes back after seeing a news report of Batman getting utterly destroyed by the new villain. If Bruce gave up Batman, then he tries delving into philanthropic endeavors before realizing that he needs to bring Batman back.

Avesta would be a romance option which would make things even juicier and more complicated if you were also involved with Catwoman. I think she should also have been revealed to be involved with the League of Assassins like many people speculated, but perhaps she was secretly Talia who is not so bad.

Batgadgets should be determinant. Choose whether to research violent or more pacifist gadgets. Same thing goes for Batsuits. Do you want a more combat-heavy suit or something stealthier?

Joker should have a role as either your friend or your foe. Either giving advice or meddling in your affairs to fuck with you.

So much damned potential. I loved Batman, especially season 2 which blew my expectations out of the water. I'm genuinely sad that this won't get a s3. Thanks for the great memories Telltale.

• First of all thank you so much for responding to my post.

I have seen that a lot of people have viewed this and yet you are the first and thus far only person to post a response.

I have to say I expected a more positive reaction.

Maybe people don't want to talk about 'what if' because they know it's not going to happen.

I like some of your suggestions as far as what could have happened next as far as how Alfred could have come back into Bruce's life if he gave Alfred up as well as how Bruce becomes Batman again.

I also like your suggestion of the Bat gadgets being determined by the player as to whether they want their Batman to use more violent or more pacifistic gadgets etc.

For me personally this is what I would have liked to have seen happen as far as the questions I asked are concerned.

As far as how Alfred comes back into Bruce's life if Bruce gave him up in order to be Batman.

If Bruce is on his own meaning no Tiffany and Catwoman is an enemy (and so long as Bruce heard Alfred out and didn't just tell him to leave first choice box they got)

I think your suggestion of Alfred either reading in a newspaper or seeing on the news or maybe seeing first hand (as in being there in person when it happens) Batman get whooped by the season villain is what causes him to realise Bruce/Batman needs him.

If Bruce has allies meaning Tiffany and or Catwoman then I think either one or maybe both of them could work together to find Alfred and when they find him convince him to come back.

As far as how Bruce becomes Batman again if he gave Batman up for Alfred.

Like I said I like your idea of Bruce trying to do what he had told Alfred he would and that is find other ways to help Gotham.

An this is one of the reasons why I personally think having Ra's Al Ghaul and The League Of Assassins/Shadows be the season 3 villain would have been such a good idea.

Because if Bruce has given up Batman then season 3 would have been the perfect time for Ra's to enter Bruce's life and offer him another way of fighting crime without being Batman and of course Bruce is interested and could be willing to join the league and maybe (if Ra's offers it to him) led it himself.

However the thing that turns Bruce against doing this could be something along the same lines as what happens in Batman Begins.

Where Bruce has trained with the league and is ready to join it however before he can do that he needs to kill a man who was a local farmer but then became a killer.

An Bruce (in the movie and in the game) refuses to do so and that is when the League turn on him and Ra's reveals how they plan on 'saving' Gotham by destroying it.

Which of course leads to Bruce donning the cape again and fighting them.

Maybe before he does so he could tell Alfred how it will only be the once and then when the League is defeated he will make Batman 'disappear' again.

An then after he has done what he set out to do. Bruce is ready to once again 'retire' Batman however Alfred stops him.

As far as Tiffany is concerned.

If she ended up with Waller and the Agency I don't think she would have played a role in season 3 unless something happened which caused her to leave the Agency and return to Gotham.

If She ended up being Bruce's protégé then I can imagine her either being supportive of Bruce's decision to give up Batman (if he did) for Alfred or being against it and maybe she decides to try and fight crime on her own and does so behind Bruce and Alfred's back but eventually either one or both of them discover what she is up I don't know if this could lead to Bruce becoming Batman again but it is something that could happen.

Alternatively if Bruce gave up Alfred for Batman again Tiffany could either be supportive or against Bruce for having done so and if she is against him maybe this is what causes her to try and find Alfred. Then again even if she supports Bruce in his decision maybe she see's how much Bruce misses Alfred and that is what leads to her trying to find him.

If Tiffany is a a fugitive I have to be honest and say I am not 100% sure what could have happened next except maybe we could have been given a second chance at taking her under our wing or taking her in.

As far as Bruce and Selina is concerned if they are romantically involved.

I'm not really sure what could have happened next between them. Maybe if Bruce had told Selina he loved her (when she saved him in the vigilante episode) Selina could tell Bruce the same in Season 3 or maybe the fact that Bruce told Selina he loves her has caused her to distance herself from him because she is afraid of his feelings for her or her feelings for him or both but they eventually work this out somehow.

Another possibility is that maybe somebody new comes into the picture and tries to drive a wedge between Bruce and Selina (arguably this could be Avesta either as herself (unintentionally driving the wedge) or as Talia in disguise (intentionally driving the wedge) however there are other options like Poison Ivy)

If they are just friends and if Bruce gave up Alfred to be Batman I can imagine Selina either being supportive or angry at him for doing it and regardless of which side of the fence she falls on I can imagine her being the person who finds Alfred and brings him back into the fold.

As far as Avesta is concerned.

I would have liked to have been given the chance for something to bloom between Bruce and Avesta as far as romance is concerned and I am not against a love triangle also blooming if the player's Bruce is already 'dating' Catwoman.

However one thing I am against is Avesta being revealed to be Talia Al Ghaul.

I personally prefer the idea of Avesta just being Avesta.

An Talia being introduced another way.

Also regardless of the potential romantic relationship or not being there. I defiantly think Avesta either should or could become a part of Batman's mission as Lucius Fox's replacement. That would add another interesting twist to things because how would Tiffany react to Avesta taking over from her father?

As far as Bat-gadgets there are none that I can think of or know of that Batman doesn't already have in season 1 and 2.

An last but not least as far as Bat vehicles.

I don't know what they are called but in the movie Batman Forever when he and Robin go to take on Riddler and Two Face. Batman takes the Bat-plane (for lack of a better word) and Robin takes the Bat-Boat (again for lack of a better word)

Now I am not 100% sure if the Batcave is where Bruce would store the Bat-plane.

However he does say to Selina (if you allow her into the Batcave and choose the response 'it's perfect for me') how the Batcave is either central or connected to Gotham's waterways.

An you also see a water main in the background when Bruce and Selina are talking about what she thinks of the Batcave and what's next for them etc.

So I can defiantly imagine Bruce storing a Bat-Boat down in the Batcave.

An if you have Tiffany as your protégé regardless of who the villains of the season are you could have to choose which mode of transport you took in order to get to wherever the villains are and whichever mode of transport you take Tiff takes the other.
    OR
    Alternatively if your on your own then you have to choose which mode of transport your going to use in order to get to wherever the villains are.

Another possible new Bat vehicle is the one Selina uses in The Dark Knight Rises.

The Bat Bike/pod which if I remember correctly was used and seen in The Dark Knight and Batman uses to escape from the destroyed Batmobile just before it self destructs.

So maybe that could have been a new addition to Batman's arsenal as well.

A Bat bike/pod which is either separate or part of the Batmobile but if it is part of the Batmobile then it can be used on it's own either by Batman himself or Tiffany or Catwoman.

If Bruce gave up Alfred, then Alfred comes back after seeing a news report of Batman getting utterly destroyed by the new villain. If Bruce

• I would have liked to see a Suicide Squad spin-off.

1. Determinant cameos of Tiffany, Avesta, Blake, and Harrison.
    2. If Harley ends up in Blackgate, there'd be a flashback of her getting transferred to a different prison. And maybe say this to Waller. "Well well well. Look who came crawling back." Follow by this. "Do you see me more valuable than a puppet?/Did you make me a cure yet?"
    3. Bane being a starter villain. But unlike Falcone and Riddler, he doesn't get murdered within the first two episodes.
    4. Multiple playable characters. Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang, and Rick Flag.
    5. Roster: The four characters mentioned above, Katana, Bronze Tiger, and Black Spider.
    6. The League of Assassins as the main antagonistic force against Task Force X. But leaving out Ra's Al Ghul, and maybe Talia.
    7. The spin-off ending with The Agency still standing, but in turmoil.
  • I think you might have somehow missed the point of the question.

I wasn't asking what would you have liked to have seen happen had Telltale not been in the shit and been able to do another Batman game.

I was asking what would you have liked to have seen happen had Telltale not been in the shit and announced that they were going to do a season 3 of this series of Batman.

matteso586 posted: »

I would have liked to see a Suicide Squad spin-off. * Determinant cameos of Tiffany, Avesta, Blake, and Harrison. * If Harley ends up

• "Maybe people don't want to talk about 'what if' because they know it's not going to happen."
    @BMH210683

• I understand.

I didn't mean to upset hurt anger or offend anybody by asking.

It just seemed that of all the questions and debates that have taken place in this forum the ones I asked I don't think have ever been asked or maybe they have and I just haven't seen them.

Anyway I apologise if my asking this question upset hurt angered or offended anybody.

19Street95 posted: »

"Maybe people don't want to talk about 'what if' because they know it's not going to happen." @BMH210683

• I'd love to have a S3 with either Selina Kyle or Tiffany as the playable protagonist depending on Bruce's final choice in S2. If you left Catwoman with Amanda Waller and gave up Batman, you play as Catwoman serving under Amanda Waller with the suicide squad. And if you remain Batman, you play as Tiffany as a pupil learning under Batman's guidance.

• I have to be honest and say the Selina Kyle/Catwoman idea I personally do not like.

For me season 3 would have had to have been like all of the other seasons.

Where the focus was and is on Bruce Wayne/Batman and the consequences of the decisions he makes etc both long term and short term.

However having said that.

So long as one of the choices you made in season 2 was to take Tiffany under your wing.

Then I wouldn't have minded if Telltale had offered us a DLC pack in which we could have played the season as Tiffany learning from The Dark Knight and maybe have had some choices of our own to make.

Depending on how long Tiffany was to remain under the learning tree for I think that could have been a running DLC addition to any future seasons of Batman.

You play the actual season as Batman/Bruce Wayne and then you get to play the season again as his sidekick.

Obviously the two games would have had to have crossed in the sense of choices Bruce/Batman makes would have to affect Tiffany and some of the choices Tiffany makes would have to affect Bruce.

Chibikid posted: »

I'd love to have a S3 with either Selina Kyle or Tiffany as the playable protagonist depending on Bruce's final choice in S2. If you left Ca

• How would you have liked to have seen Alfred come back into Bruce's life? (if you gave him up at the end of season 2)
    Bruce's mental and physical health deteriroates to the point where he's hospitalized or in a coma then Alfred is called to see his boi.
    How would you have liked to have seen Bruce become Batman again? (if you gave Batman up at the end of season 2)
    Alfred guilt trips into doing so. Or he guilt trips himself. OR even good ol John gives him a call from Arkham.
    What would you have liked to have seen happen as far as Tiffany either being your protégé OR a fugitive is concerned?
    Just stay in jail. Maybe we get to spit on her as well.
    What would you have liked to have seen happen between Bruce and Selina whether they are romantically involved or just friends?
    I alienated her throughout the whole playthrough except when giving her the key in Episode 5 so to be honest I don't a lot of ideas here.
    What would you have liked to have seen happen between Bruce and Avesta?
    nothing. Unless we get to stamp on her.
    What Bat-gadgets and or vehicles would you have liked to have seen in season 3?
    I dunno. The Bat Wing? Some explosives?

For anyone saying this is garbage. I humbly agree.

• I would have had the opening episode be completely different based on your final decision with Alfred vs Batman, and a completely different initial new villain from that. Poison Ivy as Bruce or Scarecrow as Batman. The reveal being that in this universe Pam and Jon are siblings, dark mirrors of each other since childhood when their parents became senior scientists of SANCTUS.

Also Zatanna Zatara appears as another childhood friend of Bruce who is in Gotham for mysterious reasons. She doesn’t have actual magic in this universe but uses her skills to fight crime. A version of the Birds Of Prey ultimately appears with Tiffany joining the group if you didn’t accept her.

Selina, Avesta and Zatanna are all possible romantic options by the end of the third season. The big bad is Ras Al Guhl, with the majority of villains returning from the two previous games.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.