Unofficial FAQs For Support Issues [relating to Telltale Closure] + Walking Dead Final Season status

JenniferJennifer Moderator
edited July 2019 in General Chat

Please note all information here is compiled by volunteer moderators who are not Telltale Staff members.

Telltale Support is down as of the studio closure, so this unofficial FAQ for support issues has been compiled by volunteer moderators to address common questions and issues.

[Updated on July 10th, 2019]

Previous Purchases/Digital Game Access

Can I still download the games I purchased directly from the Telltale store?
If you purchased any game developed by Telltale (including Hector: Badge of Carnage) directly from Telltale (or from a site that offered a download code to redeem the game from the Telltale store), you can still download the games from the "my account" button on the top right of the main menu on the Telltale website.

Until 2009, Telltale offered some third-party titles. As Telltale staff members were unable to remove the DRM in these games, they were not added to the download database when the website was redesigned in 2013. Unfortunately, if you purchased a third-party title (such as Monkey Island Special Edition or King's Quest Collection, among others), you will not be able to redownload your game from the Telltale website.

It is not known how long the Telltale website will remain online, so it is recommended to download any title you purchased from the Telltale store as soon as possible.

I need assistance for Support with The Walking Dead: The Final Season. How can I get support after Telltale closed?

As of January 2019, (post-Telltale company closure), Skybound Games will be handling Support inquiries. Contact the Skybound Support Team via email at help@skybound.com

Telltale's old Support pages for "The Final Season" (or older Telltale titles) are still currently up on the Support section, but Telltale Support is no longer updating Support pages or taking tickets/emails as of the September 2018 Company Closure. You can now contact Skybound Games' Support Team if you need direct assistance.

Will the games I purchased from the Telltale website still work after Telltale's server has been taken down?
Telltale's older games, up to The Walking Dead Season One, have had their DRM removed at the Telltale website prior to their closing, so they no longer have to go through Telltale server authentication to play.

If you purchased the game from the Telltale Store, the newer titles, from 2013 to 2018 (excepting 400 Days as that's considered part of The Walking Dead Season One) - The Wolf Among Us to The Walking Dead: The Final Season episode 2 - need to authenticate with Telltale's servers before playing. The server is still active, although it's unknown how long that will continue to be the case.

See this post for more information.

Will games I purchased at other outlets be affected by the closure?
All games will remain available to download from other outlets, if you have already purchased the titles. Telltale server authentication is not required if the game was purchased for consoles, or from other outlets such as Steam, GOG.com, or Humble Bundle, or if you own the retail discs. These will of course still have some DRM depending on the outlet (such as Steam's server authentication).

Telltale's games will remain downloadable at other digital outlets such as digital stores on consoles, Steam, GOG.com, etc., even if the games are removed from sale at some point.

Does the closure affect the season pass discs?
Several (but not all of) Telltale's season pass discs included only one or a couple episodes, with the rest needing to be downloaded. The season pass disc is your authentication. However, it's unknown how long the Telltale website will remain online, so it's recommended to download the remaining episodes as soon as possible.

A few Season Pass discs have all of the Episodes contained on Disc, without needing online downloads. These titles are:

• The Walking Dead Season 1
  • The Wolf Among Us Season 1
  • The Walking Dead Season 2
  • Tales from the Borderlands

Some of Telltale's games have been removed from sale. Can I still download these if I purchased them?
The games that have been removed from sale at digital outlets, such as Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Law & Order Legacies, Poker Night 2, and The Walking Dead: The Final Season, are still available to download if you already purchased them.

Will The Walking Dead: The Final Season be finished, and will it be available for sale again?
Skybound, the creators of The Walking Dead, announced on October 6, 2018, that they will hire the team of The Walking Dead: The Final Season to finish the game. The game will resume on January 15th, 2019 with the release of Episode 3.

Telltale's older games crash on Windows 10. How do I fix this?
The older games (Telltale Texas Hold'em, Sam & Max: Season One and Two, etc.) might crash when running in Windows 10. These games can be played by removing the 'prefs.prop' file, although you may be restricted to playing in a window. Sadly, this applies to games purchased at any outlet, including the retail discs.

I get a certificate error when trying to log in. How do I fix this?
If you have a certificate error, this workaround might help (thanks to Jones Jr. for the solution).

I was informed by Telltale alum John Seggerson that these are Symantec Legacy certificates. These are not allowed in the latest Chrome betas. Using the stable branches of browsers should work, but of course, this will only work as long as the stable branch isn't caught up with the beta branch.

Walking Dead: The Final Season's status

What are the release dates for episodes of The Walking Dead: The Final Season?

How are future episodes being completed if Telltale is closing?

Skybound Games is stepping in to offer assistance for Telltale Games to finish the original remaining episodes (Episodes 3 and 4) as planned. Some of the original staff who worked on episodes 1 and 2 are being contracted by Skybound Games to finish the game.

I need assistance for Support with The Walking Dead: The Final Season. How can I get support after Telltale closed?

As of January 2019, (post-Telltale company closure), Skybound Games will be handling Support inquiries. Contact the Skybound Support Team via email at help@skybound.com

I purchased The Walking Dead: The Final Season on Steam, but I saw that the game is now being sold only on Epic Games Store. Do I still get the rest of the episodes on Steam?

As long as you purchased the game on Steam while it was still available to be purchased, you still get all the episodes as they release at no extra cost. Epic Games Store is now the location for future purchases of the game, but customers who bought the game already on Steam will still get the rest of their episodes too.

What happens to the rest of the planned upcoming Telltale Games series?

Unless anything changes, you should presume that all Telltale Games series that were originally planned after The Walking Dead: The Final Season are cancelled.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.