Am I the only one......

......who didn't care about Walking Dead anymore but is really sad to see it close down because we'll never get anymore Batman? I was really excited to see where it was gonna go.

Comments

• nope. me too

• same here, even though I've purchased the last season of TWD...

• I have not been a super fan of TWD, but like you I also bought it... but so far I like this last season a lot more then I did with season two and especially season three (a new frontier)

JmoooX posted: »

same here, even though I've purchased the last season of TWD...

• I actually loved season 1, I still think it's the best thing they put out, but after season 2 I stopped caring.

• duuuu-duu-duu, dun dun dun duuuuuuu dun dun dunnn!! Duuuu duu duu duu duuu!

• I have to say out of all of the games I have played that were made by Telltale while Season 1 of Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us were good.

If I had to choose between those two series/franchises being continued or Batman and Guardians and Game Of Thrones being continued.

I would have preferred to see Batman Guardians and Thrones.

Now part of me thinks the reason why I wanted to see Batman and Guardians is because I liked the series but I am also a fan of the Batman movies and the first Guardians movie (haven't seen the second one yet)

An I haven't seen any of the Walking Dead or read/seen The Wolf Among Us.

However having said that I've never watched Game Of Thrones and yet I liked the telltale game of that and would have liked to have seen what happened next to the surviving Forrester's.

• None of those are gonna happen now.

• Guardians and Got were likely never going to get sequels even if Telltale didn't shut down. Batman s3 is the real tragedy here.

BMH210683 posted: »

I have to say out of all of the games I have played that were made by Telltale while Season 1 of Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us were goo

• It was sort of like Ultimate Batman.

• Ultimate Batman is that a PS4 game?

JawaEater posted: »

It was sort of like Ultimate Batman.

• Well I haven't seen Guardians or the Avengers movie that involves characters from all over including the Guardians but I do know that Gamora dies in the Avengers movie so if they were to do a Guardians game they would have needed to have a lot of backstory or the players would have had to have seen Guardians 2 and the Avengers movie.

As for a Game Of Thrones sequel as I understand it they were waiting for the current season of the TV show to end and then going to try and do a second season.

Guardians and Got were likely never going to get sequels even if Telltale didn't shut down. Batman s3 is the real tragedy here.

• No I meant like Ultimate Marvel.

Ultimate Batman is that a PS4 game?

• Guardians was one of the worst selling Telltale games ever, if not THE worst selling. It wasn't going to get a sequel despite the cliffhanger sequel bait it had after the credits.

Job J Stauffer (ugh) said that they were waiting for the final season of Got to do their sequel but a LinkedIn profile from an ex employee suggested that it had been cancelled long before then.

Well I haven't seen Guardians or the Avengers movie that involves characters from all over including the Guardians but I do know that Gamora

• Really?

Guardians was one of the worst selling Telltale games ever, if not THE worst selling. It wasn't going to get a sequel despite the cliffhange

• It's funny to me how apparently Batman and Guardians etc seemingly sold so poorly.

I can't help but wonder what do they base their sales on?

Is it the number of actual physical video games that are sold?

As in discs in boxes and that is it?

Because the way I have been buying telltale games is via the PlayStation Network.

Now obviously I'm not saying everybody does this.

However I am just curious how many people bought the actual game the 'traditional way' if you will.

An how many people bought the game by downloading it off from the PlayStation Network etc.

Guardians was one of the worst selling Telltale games ever, if not THE worst selling. It wasn't going to get a sequel despite the cliffhange

• Okay I get you now.

JawaEater posted: »

No I meant like Ultimate Marvel.

• It's counting digital sales as well, I'm not sure if Guardians even had a physical release

It's funny to me how apparently Batman and Guardians etc seemingly sold so poorly. I can't help but wonder what do they base their sales

• Hm.

Well I just find it amazing how bad these games supposedly did sales wise.

An yet everybody was looking forward to the next one in the series.

I mean I don't know of any games that have sold badly and yet had people wanting more.

There's just something not quite right with that equation.

It's counting digital sales as well, I'm not sure if Guardians even had a physical release

• Telltale fatigue. Too many games being released with essentially the exact same formula. They only starting truly being innovative with Batman s2 and TFS but by then it was too late

Hm. Well I just find it amazing how bad these games supposedly did sales wise. An yet everybody was looking forward to the next one in

• Well the only season of Walking Dead I have played thus far is Season 1 so I can't really comment on that.

However TEW is definatly different to season 1 of Batman.

As for all of the other games none of them had sequels so I can't really comment on them being different or not.

However I have heard a lot of talk on youtube about how Telltale saturated the market with their games releasing them one after the other.

So while I can't really comment or say whether the games not being different or unique to one and other was the cause or one of the reasons for their eventual downfall.

I think an argument can be made that maybe one of the reasons for Telltale's downfall was to do with how many games they released and how fast they did it.

Telltale fatigue. Too many games being released with essentially the exact same formula. They only starting truly being innovative with Batman s2 and TFS but by then it was too late

• Yeah that's a huge part of it. They focused on releasing tons of games at a lower quality instead of fewer games at a higher quality. People got tired of seeing so many Telltale games and after seeing the low quality of one game they passed on buying any of the others.

Well the only season of Walking Dead I have played thus far is Season 1 so I can't really comment on that. However TEW is definatly diffe

• Well to a certain extent I can see where people are coming from.

An yet at the same time I have to say all of the Telltale games I played I liked.

An I have to be honest and say that I personally didn't mind that they were the same as one and other in terms of how you played them.

The reason being.

I figured they were the start of something.

So for example I figured.

"Okay this is season one of Guardians season two will be different."
    "Okay this is season one of Game Of Thrones season two will be different."
    Etc.

An there in lies another mistake on Telltale's part and that is that they focused too heavily on one franchise.

That being the Walking Dead.

It was almost as if they thought/felt/believed they had found the golden goose of games with that franchise.

An it as like

'okay we're going to make and release all of these other games but this is our top priority."

An they were going to and did squeeze everything they could get out of that one game/franchise.

The fact that it is (unless I am very much mistaken) the only game in their arsenal of games that had not only had a sequel but 4 in my personal opinion and from my point of view proves this.

Yeah that's a huge part of it. They focused on releasing tons of games at a lower quality instead of fewer games at a higher quality. People

Sign in to comment in this discussion.