Your Favorite Game Story DLC/Expansion?

This forum feels so inactive so I hope this thread brings something for you to discuss. Tell me what is your favorite story DLC or expansion of game(s) that you have played. Mine would definitely be:

Cool weapons, best-looking bosses (and harder), great lore, flawless level designs, new enemy types (And scarier) etc. How can you not love this game if you loved the base game?

Tagged:

Comments

• The Dishonored series is pretty good. Dunwall City Trails, Brigmore Witches, and The Knife of Dunwall were pretty cool DLCs.

• Dying light the following.
    In my opinion this DLC may even be better than original story. I really like the music, it gives you mysterious vibe, you can also drive a buggy, it has some new features and a new map.

• Mass Effect 2: Lair Of The Shadow Broker
    • Episodes From Liberty City
    • Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
    • Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
  • The Lost and Damned, most likely.

• Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, The Zombie Island of Dr.Ned
    Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty

The Unearthed Map from Halo reach. The firefights in that map were awesome

• edited November 2018

I've played a lot of dlcs in my life but my favorite Dlc will always be the Citadel Dlc in Mass Effect 3,i replayed it so many times it's just so fucking good and everyone should play it at least once in their life.

• edited November 2018
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser
    • Mass Effect 3 - Citadel
    • Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep
    • The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine
    • Warcraft 3 - The Frozen Throne
  • The Witcher 3 both dlc's were like their own game of how huge they were and how well written and directed to the point it was a masterpiece. I still consider Witcher 3 as a whole to be in my top 5 games of all time.

• The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

The Last of Us: Left Behind

Assassin's Creed III: The Tyranny of King Washington

• I really liked the Bioshock Infinite DLC

• More recently, probably Torna: The Golden Country for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, if that counts seeing as it was also given a standalone release. As a whole, I think the Season Pass for the game was a pretty good deal for 30 bucks. A 40 hour story dlc + a bunch of new content added to the main game, ranging from characters, quests and a game mode, on top of the monthly free QoL updates Monolith made to the game throughout the year.
    Somehow, even though I knew how it would end for most of the party, the ending of Torna still made me cry haha

• Persona 4 Golden

• That moment when you paid full price for Persona 5 at launch and would probably pay full price again for a Persona 5 Golden but can't complain cause it's just too good.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Persona 4 Golden

• Absolutely!

That moment when you paid full price for Persona 5 at launch and would probably pay full price again for a Persona 5 Golden but can't complain cause it's just too good.

• Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den. If you were to put together a list of what could be considered the gold standard for DLC expansions, this definitely gets a spot on it.

Also, Half Life: Opposing Force. I'd go as far to say that it rivals the base game, even. And it stays pretty true to the whole 'expansion' aspect. There's a ton of new enemies and weapons to mess about with, a few new mechanics, and a new perspective/take on the Black Mesa incident.

Those are the two stand out expansions that immediately come to mind. There's a good selection of stuff, some of which have already been mentioned in this thread (like my new homeboy up there giving Dishonored some love)

• edited December 2018

Unpopular opinion incoming...

This. I know some people found it underwhelming, considering the story was literally like 3-4 missions long and the trailer lead us to believe that we could control the dragons that we can fly but the couldn’t, but as someone who has played Morrowind and has all of its DLC’s this is definitely the most nostalgic dlc out there.

• edited December 2018

Mass Effect 3 Citadel. What a fucking lovely way to end a trilogy for the fans, they did a great job.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.