"The Wolf Among Us 2 probably would've never been released" ComicBook article

edited December 2018 in General Chat

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/12/21/former-telltale-employee-the-wolf-among-us-sequel-wouldve-never-released/

"A former staff member of the company recently spoke with Eurogamer under anonymity, explaining how the fan-requested sequel to The Wolf Among Us probably would’ve never made its way to release, mainly due to budgeting issues.

The employee noted that the game had a “shoestring” budget at best, with the company reportedly cutting corners left and right during its development. This was bad “even by Telltale standards,” to the point that the company turned it into a three-episode series, instead of the usual five-episode season layout it’s given to other releases like Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and the Batman games."

..any thoughts?

Comments

• Sad that my deepest fears were confirmed; secretly relieved that now we can really be sure that the original's legacy will never be ruined; and disgusted that even after all the fan campaigning, the promises that they were listening, and the acknowledgement even in this article that everyone on staff knew TWAU was their last big hit and critical success, Telltale STILL didn't get it and had no real intention on delivering a sequel.

It just amazes me how tone deaf the people running the show were in the end. Every TWD after 2 was a bomb but they showed no signs of stopping, Batman s1 was lackluster and REALLY didn't need a sequel from a sales and critical standpoint, GOTG was a shameless cashgrab... but TWAU, the one game next to Borderlands that everyone liked and wanted a sequel to wasn't good enough?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2018

I'd recommend the original Eurogamer article rather than the comicbook.com one, it has much more detail and isn't from a website I dislike.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-19-the-last-year-at-telltale-a-story-cut-short

• The Eurogamer article is really good. I hope more details will be divulged someday about the ideas going into TWAU S2.

• Damn, spreadin like Wildfire.
    Like, what rumor mill was that close to Crane, anyway?

• That really sucks. Thanks to Kevin Bruner for wasting his employees' time on Guardians on the Galaxy that did nothing but lose a lot of money for the company.

• tfw i already replied here but mods deleted it because apparently its cool to post staff twitter accounts but saying how those staff members arnt the most reliable for accuracy breaks the worthless rule

MrGraffio posted: »

@Poogers555

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2018

I think you replied in the thread in the TWAU section. This is a different thread in the General section.

Poogers555 posted: »

tfw i already replied here but mods deleted it because apparently its cool to post staff twitter accounts but saying how those staff members arnt the most reliable for accuracy breaks the worthless rule

• nope I replied in here with something similar to what I said in the other thread (about how the users twitters dont have the best track record of bring accurate themselves) in the wolf section but it was deleted here in this thread for whatever reason. which also means mods please dont delete shit in the other thread thanks btw love u dojo joker in smash

dojo32161 posted: »

I think you replied in the thread in the TWAU section. This is a different thread in the General section.

• Dw at least I saw your comment and liked it

Poogers555 posted: »

nope I replied in here with something similar to what I said in the other thread (about how the users twitters dont have the best track reco

Sign in to comment in this discussion.