What's the Best View to Model in Blender?

What's the Best View to Model in Blender?

Hey guys, I'm trying to model a character, i have a set of reference images which are all lined up from front view to side view. but i'm having a hard time modeling it in Perspective Mode.

1. Do I really have to model it in Perspective Mode? Or should I model it in Ortho Mode?
  2. I've read in the internet that if you have a reference image, you should model it in Ortho Mode. As I have also seen in Tutorials in Youtube
  3. But then, i've also read some people commenting, you should model in perspective mode because the model will look Weird if you model it in Ortho once you render it.
  4. I'm using Blender. But my problem when modeling in Perspective mode is that, everytime i zoom in or out, the model looks thinner (zoomed in) or fatter (zoomed out) (for example the face, when i zoom in it looks circular but when i zoom in it looks oblong vertically), vice versa because of the depth of field. If I should model in Perspective Mode, should I follow the Default Camera Lens (25mm)? Or should i adjust it to 50mm or other (please specify)

Comments

Sign in to comment in this discussion.