Anticipated Games of 2019?

With the exception of TWD Final Season's full release, what are you looking forward to play this year? I'm not counting Death Stranding or The Last of Us Part 2 because both still have no release date.

Bloodborne is one of the best games I've ever played so I'm curious what kind of game FromSoft is going to make without make it feel like another Soul game.

I played Resident Evil REmake, 4 and 7 and I enjoyed all of them. This game is like a mix between all of them, that's what makes me excited about it.

Comments

• LiS 2 and dying light 2

• Kingdom Hearts III is the only thing I know of, off the top of my head.

• edited January 2019

Dying light 2,Metro Exodus,In The Valley of Gods

Anthem,i mean i don't particularly care for it,this looks like a destiny clone,you play with other players or whatever.

They wanted to try something else,something new fine,i think there's going to be a story in the game,they've worked on this for years now,so yeah i'm a little curious to see what they've done.

I think The Outer World also comes out next year,the next obsidian game,while i'm not happy at all with Microsoft buying Obsidian this game does look interesting so i'll keep an eye on it.

• I was immediately sold on The Outer Worlds as soon as I saw the Game Awards trailer when they said "From the original creators of Fallout...And the developers of Fallout: New Vegas." Not going to lie, I got a huge kick out of that, considering the trailer was released so soon after Fallout 76.

iFoRias posted: »

Dying light 2,Metro Exodus,In The Valley of Gods Anthem,i mean i don't particularly care for it,this looks like a destiny clone,you play

• Major shade, makes me really curious about Starfield though feels like Obsidian are practically directly competing with Bethesda's new sci fi ip.

I was immediately sold on The Outer Worlds as soon as I saw the Game Awards trailer when they said "From the original creators of Fallout...

• I only care about TFS to be honest

• edited January 2019

This year I'm looking forward for dying light 2 and Metro but what I'll start playing in 2019 is just cause 4.....love me some flying cows.

• Dude don't play Just Cause 4,trust me that game is really bad,save your money and buy something else instead.

This year I'm looking forward for dying light 2 and Metro but what I'll start playing in 2019 is just cause 4.....love me some flying cows.

• I loved just cause 3 and 2 because of the fun of it,I'm not about how awesome the story is or how clear to graphics are I buy this game in particular for destruction.

Dude don't play Just Cause 4,trust me that game is really bad,save your money and buy something else instead.

• edited January 2019

I buy this game in particular for destruction

Well that's the problem,this game has some SERIOUS ISSUES,and i'm not kidding it's really that bad,there's no C4,no grenades,base liberation,basically they've removed everything that the players loved in the other Just cause games and wants you to focus on the boring shitty missions,this game is not fun don't make the mistake of buying it man.

In the end it's your choice,but i wouldn't recommend you buying it,it's one of the most disappointing games from 2018 with Fallout 76.

I loved just cause 3 and 2 because of the fun of it,I'm not about how awesome the story is or how clear to graphics are I buy this game in particular for destruction.

• Nothing beats fallout 76 on disappointment, I do see this game's problems but I think eventually this games issues will be fixed in the future(like the graphics fix not so long ago) so I'm not too worried about it but fallout 76 has soo much damn problems it's empty and there's no life to it like the previous ones which for me and a lot of people didn't like so didn't buy it.

I buy this game in particular for destruction Well that's the problem,this game has some SERIOUS ISSUES,and i'm not kidding it's rea

• Suppose I should mention Afterparty.

• edited January 2019

Might as well add a comment of my own to this. In no particular order:

1. Afterparty (Night School Studios): I loved Oxenfree, and Adam Hines is a former Telltale writer (TWAU and TFTBL). Based on what I've seen and the voice cast assembled, it seems like it could be a really good game. It's one where you have to try and outdrink Satan in order to escape Hell, how can a premise like that go wrong?
    2. Dying Light 2 (Techland): I only picked up the original Dying Light, and it's expansion The Following, a few months ago after seeing the E3 gameplay for Dying Light 2. While it's story is a bit weak and characters cliched, I had a great time playing it, the gameplay is surprisingly addicting and there's a lot of content to keep you entertained. One of the best parts of it was the Day/Night system, it adds unique advantages and challenges to the game. Dying Light 2 looks like it's going to improve on almost everything, while incorporating new elements to it, such as choices, and I can't wait.
    3. The Outer Worlds (Obsidian): I'm not really a huge Fallout fan. I tried to play Fallout 3, couldn't get into it, I've never been able to get past further than Megaton (mainly because every time I try, no matter what I do, I screw up and the entire town tries to kill me). The Outer Worlds seems to be a nice blend of everything great about Fallout, while incorporating elements of games like Borderlands, and that has me intrigued. Plus, how can I not at least keep my eye on it after the ultimate roasting of Bethesda at the Game Awards.
    4. DOOM Eternal (id Software): DOOM 2016 is fucking awesome, and I'm not just saying that because of it's music score (which was what initially led to me get the game). I can't really describe it, but there's this undeniable charm about it, and after watching the 20 minute gameplay of Eternal last year, it looks to outdo the 2016 game in terms of brutality and gore, and I love it.
    5. Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt Red): It just seems really cool and I've got my eye on it, but I probably won't get it immediately after it's released.
    6. The Last of Us Part 2 (Naughty Dog): Technically not confirmed, but if it does come out this year, you better believe I'm getting it.
    7. Anthem (BioWare): This one is actually more of a maybe, but I'm still keeping an eye on it. As much as I hate EA, it does seem pretty interesting from what I have seen, but much like Cyberpunk, I think I'll wait till I see more of it.
    8. In The Valley of Gods (Campo Santo): Sean Vanaman and Jake Rodkin won our hearts with Season 1 of The Walking Dead, and while I thought Firewatch's ending to be quite anti-climactic and disappointing, the rest of the game itself was pretty enjoyable and I liked it. The only downside is that it doesn't appear to be releasing on PS4, so it looks like I'll have to play it through Steam.

EDIT: So I just watched the complete 48 minute gameplay that was released for Cyberpunk 2077, and all I can say is...I NEED THIS GAME NOW!!! It looked so damn good. Screw waiting until sometime after it's released, I'm getting in as soon as it's available for pre-order.

• I need to see Dying light 2, but I'll find it. I'll Kill Them All!

Might as well add a comment of my own to this. In no particular order: * Afterparty (Night School Studios): I loved Oxenfree, and Adam

• ‘Saints Row V’ if it ever happens.

• Besides TFS I’m exited for...
    Dying light 2
    The outer worlds
    Far cry: new dawn
    Cyberpunk 77
    Life is strange 2 full release (hopefully)
    Assassins creed odyssey dlc
    Animal crossing for switch

• If it does happen, I hope that it goes back to its original roots.

‘Saints Row V’ if it ever happens.

• edited January 2019

Is the witcher 4 happening?

Edit: will it ever happen after Cyberpunk 2077?

• No,they're working on Cyberpunk 2077 right now.

Bruno113 posted: »

Is the witcher 4 happening? Edit: will it ever happen after Cyberpunk 2077?

• Starfield but so far I don't trust Bethesda with the way Fallout76 is looking

• I preferred the Third’s storyline than the second. I have not played it, but have seen walkthroughs. IV’s narrative was disappointing. Have you played ‘Gat out of Hell’ and/or ‘Agents of Mayhem’? If so, dios mío were they bad.

If it does happen, I hope that it goes back to its original roots.

• I didn’t play it, both of them looked too disappointing, including IV. You should play Saints Row 2, I think it’s the best one out of the whole series. I wasn’t a huge fan of The Third, it seemed to branch off from its seriousness a little, I still liked it, but not as much as the first two though.

I preferred the Third’s storyline than the second. I have not played it, but have seen walkthroughs. IV’s narrative was disappointing. Have you played ‘Gat out of Hell’ and/or ‘Agents of Mayhem’? If so, dios mío were they bad.

• Maybe one day. ?

I didn’t play it, both of them looked too disappointing, including IV. You should play Saints Row 2, I think it’s the best one out of the wh

• For me maybe Sypro Rlighted finally come to Pc, TWD series 4/future puzzle games, Re2/Darksiders3

• edited January 2019

Tfw you find somebody who actually knows what a game is and its primary function

I loved just cause 3 and 2 because of the fun of it,I'm not about how awesome the story is or how clear to graphics are I buy this game in particular for destruction.

• The Wolf Among Us: Season Tw- oh wait...

• edited January 2019

To be honest, I've got a bit of a backlog of games so it's been hard to keep up with what's been going on for the next year.
    [But after looking some stuff up and stealing from all your lists...]

Okay, so what I look forward to seeing (and releasing) in 2019 is:

1. Dying Light 2. Can't believe this is coming out soon. First game was so much fun, this looks to be a leap above with some great parkour, interesting locales, a new choice-based system that should change the world around you (cool), and more zombies to dropkick. I actually haven't played the Following yet so I should get to that at some point.
    2. Afterparty. Can't forget this guy. Night School Studios haven't disappointed me yet and this looks to be an interesting successor to the great Oxenfree. I need news about this thing, man. I wanna know when it's out!
    3. Biomutant. Don't know too much about this game since it's announcement, other than it's an open-world, third-person action/adventure with RPG elements. You play as this mutant Raccoon who wields big weapons and is skillful in hand-to-hand combat. It sounds interesting and screenshots look dope. Haven't seen it in motion. Should be out this year though.
    4. DREAMS, BABY! I'm not really a creative person. Well, I am, but I'm not one to put myself to the task. I don't know if I'd get super involved in the creative side of this game, but I loved the LBP series, so if this game's story is anything like (or better than) that, Media Molecule gets my admiration and money once more. (Hopefully there's an open beta to test out the new tools later this year as I apparently have missed out on two Beta signup periods.)
    5. In the Valley of the Gods. Say what you will about Firewatch('s ending) but you have to admit that the other features of the game lived up to what it was presented as. A nice-looking, well-acted story of a guy trying to make sense of his life in the wilderness all the while getting surrounded in this big mystery. Hopefully this new game of Campo Santo improves on the last one's failings and successes.
    6. The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe Edition. Man, I looove the Stanley Parable. I love their company, Galactic Café (who was soon disbanded and the designer of TSP built CrowsCrowsCrows, a company that makes games willynilly regardless of platform [see: VR] or price [see: free]) But TSP holds a special place in my heart. I am so picking this up on my Console (and probably PC since they say it might not be a simple update).
    7. Days Gone. While I'm not particularly excited for this game in 2019, I am certainly interested in it. The idea of an open-world TLOU, with some typical survival elements, massive hordes, and the salvation and upkeep of your sole motorbike sound appealing to me... if they can pull it off. There's a chance that it could just be another mediocre Zombie game in a long line of mediocre Zombie games, but from what I've seen in longplay previews and footage from a few months ago, there's more to it than meets the eye. I'll keep a lookout for it around its release and might pick it up later on...

Some honorable mentions include:
    The Last of Us Part II. This would be in the list if it was confirmed for 2019. It is not, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I stand by my gut feeling that this is more of a 2020 release. It just doesn't feel like we're close to the release yet.
    Ghost of Tsushima. Mmm, mmmm…. That E3 footage was beautiful. I've heard that this might be a 2019 release since Sucker Punch has been working on it for a long while (the last Infamous game we got was in 2014), and the fact that the first footage we had of the game was actual gameplay had me wondering how far in development it really was... Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.