Guardians of the Galaxy - problem downloading episodes 2-5 [Solved]

edited January 2019 in General Chat

Hi!

I know I'm horribly late to the party but I recently got a code for the Telltale PC version of the Guardians of the Galaxy. It activated just fine and got added to the list of my games here on the website where it's listed simply as "Guardians of the Galaxy".

The problem is that after downloading, installing and launching the game it claims I only own the first episode and need to purchase the "Season Pass" to access episodes 2-5. I know this may be a dumb question but does that really mean the code I got was just for episode 1? Do codes like that even exist on PC? Somehow I was pretty sure every PC version contained the entire season and it was only possible to get separate episodes on the consoles. Or is it some kind of problem with the Telltale servers due to the studio's shut down and it's simply no longer possible to download those later episodes this way? Has someone else encountered a similar issue recently?

For what it's worth the game prompts me to login into my Telltale account every time I launch it and still claims I'm not logged in afterwards until I login again via a separate in-game menu option. I also have no problem downloading episodes for the other games I own here like The Walking Dead: Michonne or The Wolf Among Us so it's just the Guardians of the Galaxy acting up for me.

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Turns out the code was just for episode 1 after all.

Comments

• Can you tell me where did you get the code from?

Usually if you buy a key theres a description saying all about it, even how many episodes.

I also have few games on telltale website and it all works fine.

Maybe you should try to play the game on steam. I own that game from there.

While you are in the game and in the episode menu, i know thats a thing in TFTB you can install episodes from there.

Hopefully this helps somehow.

• edited January 2019

Thanks Bruno113.

I traded for the key on a local forum thinking it was originally from the Humble Bundle that provided both Steam and Telltale keys for each purchase but just now the person I got it from admitted he got it from some giveaway a long time ago so unfortunately I don't think it's possible to find out the official description of the key any more.

All in all at this point it seems that it's pretty much certain that the code and the giveaway were just for the episode 1 so I was wrong and it's not really a problem as both the code and the game are working as they were supposed to.

I guess it's just that I'm a little bit shocked to find out that things like "codes for a single episode" actually existed on the PC - I bought my previous games from a variety of authorized sites like Humble Bundle or Steam and they always came as a whole season no matter the source.

Either way, thank You for your reply once again and sorry for the bother. I'll try to edit the thread's title to mark it as solved.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.