I Telltale still alive? (Still dying?)

So the website is still up and running. Weird right?Can anyone speculate how long it will last? Also one more thing. Telltale games on mobile still sells and specifically Batman the Enemy within & MCSM S2 now has each 500 000+ downloads on google play. Super weird. I wonder if the huge minecraft community can spend enough money to get that severence to former emplyes or something. I mean MCSM S2 had only 10k downloads after 3 hole months on google play. Now out of thin air 500 000+? Severence possible?

Comments

• Money's probably going to DC, Microsoft etc etc. The people who actually own those ip's... As for the website it will probably keep going till the hosting and domain expire. I find it interesting that the SSL certificate or "https" expired but has now been seemingly renewed as it's now back.

• Yea ofc a large portion of the money goes to DC and Microsoft. Still a slice goes to Telltale. Obviously all that money goes to debt, but how much is that debt? I mean Telltale dont make games anymore but all the old games still seems to sell on mobile BECAUSE it's fcking mobile xD. Not to mention that they fixed TWD S4 now with skybounds and Minecraft on netflix. Severence feels now possible to me.

Money's probably going to DC, Microsoft etc etc. The people who actually own those ip's... As for the website it will probably keep going ti

• so you think it will be down this year

• I don't know but I think soon enough we will

so you think it will be down this year

• Is there anywhere where people are planning on migrating to once this site goes down? I remember a lot of suggesting alternative forums or maybe a subreddit not long after the closure.

I don't know but I think soon enough we will

• There's a Telltale reddit page.

Is there anywhere where people are planning on migrating to once this site goes down? I remember a lot of suggesting alternative forums or maybe a subreddit not long after the closure.

• There's the telltale reddit page i guess,i personally won't go there i'm just..not a fan of it,too many kids,well i'm not surprised considering The Final Season does target a younger audience..

I'll migrate over the Bioware forums (i already have an account there) but yeah i don't think i'll be as active there as i am on this forum.

Is there anywhere where people are planning on migrating to once this site goes down? I remember a lot of suggesting alternative forums or maybe a subreddit not long after the closure.

• Soooo Minecraft Story Mode S2 has now 1 000 000+ downloads on google play :o . What? uh ha? Is this IP going to save the company once again? I mean if it keeps selling like this who knows.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2019

Telltale is dead, and it's best to move on. Telltale won't be coming back for several reasons:

1. The company already declared bankruptcy, and the staff have already moved on for the large part to find new work.
    2. Other companies have no incentive to step in and "save" Telltale. Over time, players got burnt out on Telltale's gameplay due to lack of innovation, and middle/lower level Telltale staff were burnt out due to a harsh working environment. Telltale tried to get more money from investors, but investors saw that only a few of their games ever returned a profit.
    3. Telltale's games on Google Play have the first episode as a free download, and the rest of the episodes are paid in-app purchases. So, the more important statistic would be to keep track of how many players are actually buying future episodes.

Telltale as you know it is gone and likely not coming back. Instead, you can follow what games/content are being made by former Telltale staff.

Soooo Minecraft Story Mode S2 has now 1 000 000+ downloads on google play . What? uh ha? Is this IP going to save the company once again? I mean if it keeps selling like this who knows.

• And they've entered liquidation

Telltale is dead, and it's best to move on. Telltale won't be coming back for several reasons: * The company already declared bankruptc

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2019

Former Telltale Staff to follow

• Campo Santo - The main designers/writers of The Walking Dead: Season 1 (Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman) later split off in 2013 to make their own company, which was acquired by Valve in 2018. They released Firewatch in 2016, and are working on In The Valley of Gods next.
    • Night School Studios - Some former Telltale staff split off into Night School Studios in 2014, which released Oxenfree in 2016. They are currently working on Afterparty.
    • AdHoc Studio - Back in 2017, former Telltale staff (Nick Herman, Dennis Lenart, Pierre Shorette, Micheal Choung) initially left Telltale for Ubisoft. More recently in 2019, they left Ubisoft to form their own studio. They have announced plans to make live-action narrative games, but have not released anything yet.

Soooo Minecraft Story Mode S2 has now 1 000 000+ downloads on google play . What? uh ha? Is this IP going to save the company once again? I mean if it keeps selling like this who knows.

• Well crap.

Ghetsis posted: »

And they've entered liquidation

• They have announced plans to make live-action narrative games

There goes half my interest

Former Telltale Staff to follow * Campo Santo - The main designers/writers of The Walking Dead: Season 1 (Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.