If you're a fan of The Walking Dead, then you should watch 'Kingdom' on Netflix

edited February 2019 in General Chat

Since the show is currently flying under the radar of most people, I thought it would be a great idea to make a thread for this Netflix-Original since a lot of people enjoy The Walking Dead around here and Kingdom is definetly a show worthy of your time.

Kingdom is about a zombie-outbreak during the Joseon-Dynasty and a crown-prince - who was betrayed by his own kingdom - must investigate what led to this desease. What makes this show so good for me are the following:

1. It's fucking pretty. It's got a pretty hefty budget and it shows. They filmed mostly on location, which makes the outdoor locations feel so authentic. There are also really awesome landscape-shots and most of the effects were practical, with the exception of the blood. It just feels really expensive with all these costumes, decoration and detaiked sets.

2. The pacing is great. The first season only has six episodes and they just fly by. It's a lot more plot-focused than The Walking Dead and it uses its six episode pretty effectively. I hadn't had the feeling of boredome once, which is pretty rare for a Netflix show. There are also some stsndout action-scenes that I enjoyed very much.

3. The zombies. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'm just going to say that these zombies are definetly not just like Walkers. They're actually pretty terrifying and being used really effectively.

Fun-fact: the main character's name is Lee, which is pretty funny.

Comments

Sign in to comment in this discussion.