Former Telltale-devs form new studio, will continue creating narrative games.

Nick Herman, Pierre Schorette, Denis Lenart and Michael Choung open up a new studio to develope new narrative-adventure games. Nick Herman, Pierre Schorette and Denis Lenart were heavily involved with the creation of both The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands, with Nick Herman and Pierre Schorette being the lead director and the lead writer of both of them respectively.
https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/adhoc-studio-telltale-ubisoft-1203128704/

Comments

• Ooh.

Interesting article.

• edited February 2019

tfw Dennis Lenart liked this tweet

Would actually be so happy if they managed to make Wolf 2 at some point. These were the people who left Telltale after not working on any other Telltale projects sense Tales from the Borderlands and was the last real talent left at Telltale before the dark ages. Really excited to see what they make. After hearing about how Wolf 2 would have been a dumpster fire, knowing these guys could make it is way more exciting as I feel they would make a real sequel.

• edited February 2019

This all sounds awesome. Pierre, Dennis, and Nick are incredibly talented individuals, and I think I speak for everyone here when I say that it hurt when they announced they were leaving Telltale. These 3 guys had contributed greatly to some of Telltale's best games (TWD S1, TWAU, and TFTBL), and I look forward to hearing what they have in store. They talked a lot about how movies, shows, and games are becoming more connected and it sounds like they're going to do something similar to Bandersnatch from Netflix and innovate on that model going forward.

This is also an interesting quote from Michael Choung, Adhoc's CEO, in the article: "So there’s a real opportunity here to be among the early innovators and we feel like with our partnership, which we’ll announce in the near future, we’ll be able to make real contributions to the form.” Sounds like they already have something planned lined up and we can be hearing something from them in the very near future. This all sounds very exciting, I can't wait.

• edited February 2019

It's either a partnership with Netflix, Skybound or most likely Epic Games. Either way, I'm excited as fuck.

This all sounds awesome. Pierre, Dennis, and Nick are incredibly talented individuals, and I think I speak for everyone here when I say that

• If they do make it they should try to hire a lot of the artists that worked on Wolf too.

Poogers555 posted: »

tfw Dennis Lenart liked this tweet Would actually be so happy if they managed to make Wolf 2 at some point. These were the people who

• It’d be great to have them back. To have Telltale back. But it has to be different this time. They said something about their first project hinting at being a live action interactive experience, which tbh, I don’t like and don’t really want. I rather my games to be game designed graphically. But nonetheless, it’s very interesting news to keep an eye on.

• Reading the article. It's weird because it mostly just sounds like they want to drop the gameplay aspect of a telltale-ish game. A movie with decision's in it basicly. I'm not sure what I feel about this.

• Def exciting. Just the other day I was actually thinking about them as they are the people who were the last really talented people at Telltale. Really glad they ditched Ubisoft to go do their own thing. Often times a story really needs talent to turn that idea into something great, and sadly modern Telltale seemed to lose its way in getting people who actually have some kind of vision. Really glad hearing these guys are back and doing their own thing, really excited to see what they announce first.

This all sounds awesome. Pierre, Dennis, and Nick are incredibly talented individuals, and I think I speak for everyone here when I say that

• I was hoping something like that happens,this is really exciting i can't wait to see what they do.

• edited February 2019

I haven’t seen anyone post about this yet and thought it was interesting https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/adhoc-studio-telltale-ubisoft-1203128704/amp/
    It seems they are also using already owned ip’s. It’s a long shot and probably highly unlikely but this could be Wolf 2’s second shot.
    Edit: nevermind i found a Thread about this

• Dennis Lenart actually liked a tweet talking about wolf 2, so clearly it seems they want to do it. I feel their first game probs wont be wolf 2, but it does give me hope that these guys might one day be the ones to make wolf 2.

• Might be possible, the same thing happened with Telltale and Sam & Max. Telltale came about through Lucasarts no longer wanting to make Sam & Max games, Bruner and Connors went off on their own, did some stuff early on, and eventually got the rights to make Sam & Max. It would be nice to see something rise from the ashes of Telltale and take over where they left off, but without repeating the same mistakes and business decisions that led to their downfall.

Poogers555 posted: »

Dennis Lenart actually liked a tweet talking about wolf 2, so clearly it seems they want to do it. I feel their first game probs wont be wolf 2, but it does give me hope that these guys might one day be the ones to make wolf 2.

• Oh man, that's true.

Uhhhh I don't want to get my hopes up... So I'll at least get my hopes up for these guys doing something good.

Might be possible, the same thing happened with Telltale and Sam & Max. Telltale came about through Lucasarts no longer wanting to make

• edited February 2019

Anyone want to know what their company name means?

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

ad hoc

adjective & adverb

Created or done for a particular purpose as necessary.
    [as adjective] ‘the discussions were on an ad hoc basis’
    [as adverb] ‘the group was constituted ad hoc’

To put it simply: This company was 'necessary or needed'. I can get behind that!

• I really wish they'd picked a catchier name than Ad Hoc. The name is as smooth as sandpaper.

AChicken posted: »

Anyone want to know what their company name means? From the Oxford English Dictionary: ad hoc adjective & adverb

• Pick up batman!

• First and foremost these guys are gonna want to create original IPs they can own, rather than anything owned by a third party like Warner or DC.

• Hopefully.

That was one of the key issues I think Telltale had. No original stuff to fall back on. Just licensed contract after licensed contract after licensed contract.

First and foremost these guys are gonna want to create original IPs they can own, rather than anything owned by a third party like Warner or DC.

• Best of luck for them, I hope they become more popular and make games like TT in the far future.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.