The Isles: Kickstarter RPG

Spotted a new campaign for an RPG which intrigued me and I'm currently considering pledging to, thought I'd post here in case anyone else is interested as I'm a sucker for budget rpg's:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sleepinginitiative/the-isles-a-semi-open-world-rpg?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=the isles

Story:
The Isles… far across the sea separated from the Condordian continent by a perilous ocean. Magic is rife, with an abundance of fearsome creatures and many an unsolved mystery residing on its shores. Merchants who trade with the inhabitants tell stories of lizards that stand on two legs, vile beasts of hate that reside beneath the ground, and sharp-tusked, green-skinned savages who worship death and warfare itself. Legend according to these indigenous peoples paints a picture of a land where magic fills the very soil that creates all life. Stories which the luddite, agoraphobic Emperor to the east finds most disturbing…

Though forced to absolve and/or re-consolidate the majority of his host after an epic albeit expensive thirty-year campaign to drive magic from his eastern domains, Emperor Julius Valerius, ever the forward-thinker has already dispatched his most elite of inquisitor forces - the dreaded Executor Knights. Battle-hardened and zealously loyal to a cause they consider mandated by not just the Emperor but the sacred texts of the holy scriptures, the first of his Emperor’s vanguard have already established a beachhead on a natural harbour on the Isles they’ve branded Port Valerius, in his Emperorship’s name. Standing sentinel on what remains of the former Reptile Clan outpost, the Executors await the arrival of the rest of their brothers in arms to continue their war of inquisition and perhaps eventually - the full might of the Imperial Army.

Native forces of the Reptilian persuasion, lamenting the loss of their maritime outpost are already alarmed and scrambling to respond to the aggressive actions of the imperial bulwark, but so far all attempts at counter-attacking their superiorly-equipped, professionally-led foe have ended in humiliating shattered defeat. What’s more, the indifference of the Orcish Tribes to the anguish of their former rivals expulsion has prevented disturbing rumours of a united Orco-Reptilian front from materialising. Still, early hopes for the indigenous island folk has arrived in the unlikely form of island-sympathising resistance elements from the Emperor’s last war - the ‘Rebel Knights’ of the Eastern Provinces. Dispelled from their lands and defeated only by their numerical inferiority, these veterans of war have landed on the only sovereign territory remaining in Condoria in the hopes of serving the Emperor his first bloodied nose in his demagogic crusade, if only the islanders will accept their leadership, of course.

Will you aid the Emperor in his dream of wiping magic from the continent and proselytising the masses as subjects of his complete Empire? Or take pity on the inhabitants and lead them to true liberation from tyranny?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.