Need artist for a comic book submission for Image Comics

edited April 2019 in General Chat

Hello everyone! I've always had the desire of writing a comic book and get it published by Image Comics, who takes creator content seriously and lets you retain all the rights.

In order to do so, I'm searching for an artist, as all submissions need a minimum of five pages that are fully inked and lettered, plus a cover mock-up. A fair rate for this service can be agreed on after initial conversations.

The comic will be an ongoing series, featuring a superhero coming of age story, with great twists and high amounts of violence and gore, all while maintaining the notion of family as the central focus. Additional story details will be made available after first contact.

Keep in mind that if the comic gets Image's approval, you're automatically tapped in to work on the series and will be paid for doing so.

I look forward to talking with anyone who's interested in this opportunity!

Comments

• edited April 2019

The comic will be an ongoing series, featuring a superhero coming of age story, with great twists and high amounts of violence and gore, all while maintaining the notion of family as the central focus.

This sounds very similar to Robert Kirkman's Invincible which is also published by Image. Your idea is probably able to set itself apart from that but you may want to check it out just in case the two intersect with one another if you haven't already done so.

Keep in mind that if the comic gets Image's approval, you're automatically tapped in to work on the series and will be paid for doing so.

I'm gonna be honest, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who'll do "five pages that are fully inked and lettered, plus a cover mock-up" for free with the possibility of actually getting a job.

• This sounds very similar to Robert Kirkman's Invincible which is also published by Image. Your idea is probably able to set itself apart from that but you may want to check it out just in case the two intersect with one another if you haven't already done so.

I understand how this overall synopsis seems similar to Invincible, but I guarantee that the story itself is fairly different. This was done intentionally to set the tone of the art and give an idea of what it'll be like, but also not to reveal the plot freely here.

I'm gonna be honest, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who'll do "five pages that are fully inked and lettered, plus a cover mock-up" for free with the possibility of actually getting a job.

I never intended to sound like that. Thanks for pointing it out. I've already changed the OP accordingly.

lupinb0y posted: »

The comic will be an ongoing series, featuring a superhero coming of age story, with great twists and high amounts of violence and gore, all

Sign in to comment in this discussion.