E3 2019 Discussion

Since this website has been inaccessible during E3 events, I still think it's time to talk about E3. Post everything related to it.

Comments

• Bethesda played it way too safe for my liking, they’re usually the stars of the event in my opinion but this year was basically them roasting themselves over fallout 76, which I can respect but I expected more...maybe something to do with elderscrolls 6? ? Nintendo piqued my interest with their new Pokémon game, it kind of looks decent, though I’ll need a Nintendo switch first (I swear if I buy one then they release an all new console soon after with no more switch games Ima flip) the new Lego Star Wars is a must have for me, not exactly stoked about fallen order though (I know EA aren’t making it, they’re publishing it, I’m not one of those die hard EA haters, even though I do dislike EA I do know how publishing rights work) and I pretty much Ed missed almost every other livestream because nothing else really interested me. In conclusion: Keanu Reeves WAS E3

• E3 was pretty lame this year. Nintendo was the only one who actually remembered to bring some gameplay footage with their games. The amount of CGI trailers and mobile games was just stupid.

Also Bethesda. Jesus. Why even hold a press conference when its very obvious you dont have anything new to show? The only thing worth note from their conference was Doom, but again, we've already seen Doom. All it really needed was a trailer at Xbox and boom you dont need a conference anymore Bethesda. (Sure there was Deathloop and Tokyo but again, CGI trailers for brand new IPs, its hard to really care when you have no idea what it even is)

• So many mobile games and CGI trailers. Also Sword and Shield was dissapointing, well nearly everything was dissapointing tbh.

• edited June 2019

For me, this E3 was just plain stupid and underwhelming. They did the same mistakes as E3s prior 2016, sooo many CGI cinematic trailers with no gameplay. I'm glad Sony ditched this event because it was better to focus on quality and not repeat showing games we have already seen in previous E3s.

EA, as always, was just a retarded. The only game worth watching in their own conference is Jedi Fallen Order, that game could suck because of EA's take on the SW gaming license but Respawn is the one who makes the game and so far, they are the only good company owned by EA who weren't shut down yet.

Bethesda was full of shit. Other than Doom Eternal, there was nothing but full of shitness and WTF moments. People praising and applauding Bethesda for adding overrated trends in Fallout 76. I still don't understand what's so special about Battle Royale. Also, why the fuck do they decide to make more mobile games? HAVE WE NEVER LEARNED FROM BLIZZARD AND THEIR NEW DIABLO GAME?

Square Enix was ok, I guess. I'm glad they revived Final Fantasy 7 remake for the fans who have been waiting for ages. The new Avengers looks great, I don't know why people hate the faces of the Avengers, did they expect them to look like their MCU counterparts?

Nintendo is still good at doing what fans are expecting, showing new games with gameplay trailers and no long talks.

Microsoft was the best one, imo. A lot of great games to be excited for and they set the internet on fire with Cyberpunk 2077. Like seriously, no one in this whole world expected Keanu Revees to be one of the stars of the game. That was enough for me to be excited for that game. But one game that I'm REALLY excited for is Elden Ring:

This is because I became a FromSoft fanboy because of Dark Souls and Bloodborne (obviously). I'm surprised they announced a new game this early, just after releasing Sekiro 3 months ago. I know this was just another cinematic trailer but everything revealed so far is the fact that this is going to a big action open world RPG Souls-like game and it's going to be FromSoftware's biggest project. Also, George RR Martin (The creator of Game of Thrones books) will direct this game along with Hidetaka Myiazaki.

• edited June 2019

The Devolver conference was great as always,Bethesda is a fucking joke now but mad respect to Todd for coming up on stage after the bullshit they pulled with Fallout 76 seriously.

Keanu Reeves was awesome,i was also pleasantly surprised to see Jon Bernthal there.
    I already know i'm gonna love Cyberpunk 2077 and it's one of my most anticipated game but i thought that trailer they showed sucked,it was generic as hell also what was going on with the beeping ?

Also EA was there yeah i almost forgot,their conference was really forgettable.
    They showed a short trailer of Bloodlines 2 at the PC Gaming Conference i think,also one of my most anticipated game it looks awesome some journalists also got to play a 20 minute gameplay demo. The Outer Worlds was also at E3 pretty hype for that game as well.

And i don't care about Nintendo or Square Enix so i'm not gonna talk about them,so yeah conclusion this E3 was awful,Keanu Reeves is still the coolest guy on the planet and Todd keeps telling us sweet little lies remember guys,"it just works".

Sign in to comment in this discussion.