Sysadmin or Sysadmins of the Telltale website

edited July 2019 in General Chat

Who owns this site right now?
I want to knoooow!
Also thanks for being the Sysadmin if it is just one person.

I emailed Skybound to see if they where the Sysadmin right now and they denied it and said the following:

_Hi [my name],

I'm sorry, I don't. I think at some point they completed a sale of the remaining assets, or maybe just the Telltale brand to a third party but I'm unsure of who exactly that is.

[Staff's name]_

Comments

• Well RIP the Skybound dream. But at least someone's keeping the site alive.

• Why are you trying to figure out who is keeping the site alive? They're likely doing it under the table and this increases the likelihood of the site actually being shut down

• Adventure gamers love to investigate strange things. :)

Why are you trying to figure out who is keeping the site alive? They're likely doing it under the table and this increases the likelihood of the site actually being shut down

• +1 my dude

WarpSpeed posted: »

Adventure gamers love to investigate strange things.

• Can't argue with that lol

• NikolahNikolah ModeratorVerified

An evil wizard captures 7 Gnomes and decides to play a game with them. He'll line them up, each one facing the back of the other and they'll be wearing either a red or blue hat but they won't know which hat they get and it can be any percentage of red or blue hats, completely random. He will start from the back gnome who can see all the gnomes in front of him, and work his way down the line asking each gnome what color hat are YOU wearing. Guess right, and I'll let you go... Guess wrong and well... I do love gnome pie.

Before beginning, he is a fair wizard and allows the gnomes a few moments to discuss their plan.

How many gnomes can be saved?

• Not sure if you just wanted Warpspeed to speak, but I have an answer.

If all the Gnomes could talk to each other and look back at the other they could all win. Unless the one Gnome they ask spites the other and tells them the wrong color.

Nikolah posted: »

An evil wizard captures 7 Gnomes and decides to play a game with them. He'll line them up, each one facing the back of the other and they'll

• NikolahNikolah ModeratorVerified
    edited August 2019

The gnomes are only allowed to speak before it begins. Should have been more clear, sorry. Once lined up, the only thing they can say is Red or Blue when asked what color hat they are wearing.

It's what I get from trying to remember a puzzle from memory ;)

Try to not only answer it, but include the how!

Not sure if you just wanted Warpspeed to speak, but I have an answer. (Spoiler)

• 6 can be saved. The first one will say what the one in front of him is wearing. The second one will yell the answer if the one in front of him is wearing the same color, or whisper the answer if the one in front of him is wearing a different color. And so on, and so on.

• Oh, that's simple! One of the gnomes just has to mention that it's his birthday, and then when the time traveling mariachis show up, they all just rush into the phone booth, travel back a few minutes earlier, creating time clones, and then repeat until there are enough duplicates that they can guess random colors with a high degree of confidence that at least one of each original gnome clone can guess correctly with a high degree of confidence.

That, or so many gnomes will have been created that the wizard goes bankrupt from all of those expensive hat purchases, allowing new investors to move in and purchase his assets, offering the gnomes freelance work in exchange for their survival.

An evil wizard captures 7 Gnomes and decides to play a game with them. He'll line them up, each one facing the back of the other and they'll

• Im not wearing a hat

Sign in to comment in this discussion.