To whoever keeps saving the forums, thank you.

edited August 2019 in General Chat

We see all your hard work, how you've been changing to forums address to save it and archive it. We don't know who you are, whether you're Pete, a Sherwood Partners employee handling liquidation or possibly someone else. We just want to thank you for keeping the forums up and archived. Mad respect.

(posting this since the address changed from telltale.com/community to telltale.com/forum to community.telltale.com. Someone is definitely doing stuff behind the scenes. Thank you.)

Comments

• edited August 2019

Same here. And also for keeping the general website up until now. I came across this as I'm updating my email on a bunch of accounts due to impending closure. I fully expected it to be dead and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't. I even managed to update my email successfully although did have to use https://www.telltale.com/account/ as the https://community.telltale.com/account link in profile doesn't work I assume due to the fact community.telltale.com is separate and didn't used to exist as mentioned by the OP. And it reminded me to download the two episodes of Bone while I still had the chance. (I have them on Steam so it isn't that big a deal.)

• Our very own silent guardian.

• It's been awhile since I been here, so its good the forum is still up.

• NikolahNikolah ModeratorVerified

I am not saying it was aliens.... But it was totally aliens!

• O.o?

a new mod?

are you our savior?

Nikolah posted: »

• The Telltale Forums were down from July 11 to July 16, and @Nikolah's start date is July 15. Intriguing.

O.o? a new mod? are you our savior?

• Could it be?!

O.o? a new mod? are you our savior?

• I just wanted to say that I love you that is all

• A new verified moderator who joined while the forums were down?
    And he has a TWAU Profile Picture?

• A new verified moderator who joined while the forums were down, and he has a TWAU profile picture?

• Hey man. Thank you so much for everything. Be sure to touch base with the current forum moderators like @Blind Sniper @InGen_Nate_Kenny @dojo32161 @Deltino etc etc. Just to make sure you guys are on the same page. If you need me to contact them through Discord I can help you out.

• edited August 2019

This is what I've noticed so far with the site
    1. They have removed the link to the forums. It's not there anymore. The only way to get to this place is by google search or by typing in the address manually which is community.telltale.com
    2. On mobile there is a floating help assistant, where you can submit a ticket to the problem you're having
    3. On mobile, topic titles, page number, and users names are blue, on desktop, it's still the same color as before.

Update
    It seems the colors for mobile is now the same as desktop.
    I wish they bring back the advanced formatting, so we can properly quote uses rather than using the @username tag.
    It was here, when I first joined, I even used it. Then it got removed.
    Also if we can get rid of markdown and use BB code format, that will be our lives much easier.
    [quote=username here]blah blah blah[/quote]

• You can also go to the News section, go to the "We’re back, but there are changes…" article and click the link they put there, but yeah, it's a hassle currently.

MintBlue92 posted: »

This is what I've noticed so far with the site 1. They have removed the link to the forums. It's not there anymore. The only way to get to

• So it seems some unfinished games may finally be finished and they could be more choice based games in the future, that's awesome!
    It is a hassle right now, but at least put a link to here, while they sort other things out.
    I don't know who Athlon Games is, when to check out their site and they don't have much, but I hope everything work out.
    At least it's not EA because if it was, and The Walking Dead TFS isn't finished yet. Clem's hat will be locked away in some $25 DLC, and her knife will be inside a lootbox. :D

dojo32161 posted: »

You can also go to the News section, go to the "We’re back, but there are changes…" article and click the link they put there, but yeah, it's a hassle currently.

• don't know who Athlon Games is, when to check out their site and they don't have much

They're a publishing company that was established last year and are currently helping developing a Lord of the Rings MMO game with Middle-earth Enterprises. I think that's pretty much all they've got under their belt though, at least for the moment.

So it seems some unfinished games may finally be finished and they could be more choice based games in the future, that's awesome! It is a

• Then they need to change their company info a bit because it sound like they've been in this industry over a decade and have published many AAA games, which clearly shows they haven't.

lupinb0y posted: »

don't know who Athlon Games is, when to check out their site and they don't have much They're a publishing company that was establis

• edited August 2019

I''m looking at the website and all I'm seeing is Middle Earth stuff. If you're talking about their LinkedIn, I think it's talking about Leyou, the company that owns them, for some reason.

Then they need to change their company info a bit because it sound like they've been in this industry over a decade and have published many AAA games, which clearly shows they haven't.

• I was looking at their about page on both Athlon and Leyou. Anyway I hope everything works out.

lupinb0y posted: »

I''m looking at the website and all I'm seeing is Middle Earth stuff. If you're talking about their LinkedIn, I think it's talking about Leyou, the company that owns them, for some reason.

• Sorry for dp
    It seems they have locked out the individual game sections, no new replies can be added. This is the only section that still accept replies.

• It feels good to be back. For a bit my account looked lost to the wind, but it seems it came back with the revival somehow.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It only appears that games they don’t own the rights to have been set to read only, the TWAU and Batman sections both still have the ability to add comments to threads.

Sorry for dp It seems they have locked out the individual game sections, no new replies can be added. This is the only section that still accept replies.

• You don't have permission to do that.
    Thanks, your pals at

telltale

OzzyUK posted: »

It only appears that games they don’t own the rights to have been set to read only, the TWAU and Batman sections both still have the ability to add comments to threads.

• I don't know how not owning rights to a game yet, leads to the forum being set to read only. If that is the case, then I hope they own the rights soon, and people can start replying again.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I can post in the Batman section without any issues, i guess it’s due to being a moderator.

Ghetsis posted: »

You don't have permission to do that. Thanks, your pals at telltale

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I remember in the past Telltale having to close a forum when the lost the rights to King’s Quest, they also had to remove all Wallace and Gromet assets when they lost the rights to the Wallace and Gromet game so i guess a similar thing could happen again.

I don't know how not owning rights to a game yet, leads to the forum being set to read only. If that is the case, then I hope they own the rights soon, and people can start replying again.

• If that is the case, then it seems The Walking Dead section will never be back.

Ottilie said it’s possible the new Telltale will pick up some stories where they left off. “We’re still evaluating, but we definitely want to continue some of the stories,” he said. But it looks like The Walking Dead won’t be coming back. That license is now owned by Skybound, which has its own plans for game releases.

I remember in the past Telltale having to close a forum when the lost the rights to King’s Quest, they also had to remove all Wallace and Gr

• I clearly don’t know the specifics, but couldn’t anyone technically make a forum about anything? Why would keep unlicensed forums up be problematic?

I remember in the past Telltale having to close a forum when the lost the rights to King’s Quest, they also had to remove all Wallace and Gr

• Its most likely due to the website also being a store front and a brand rather than some fan site.

I clearly don’t know the specifics, but couldn’t anyone technically make a forum about anything? Why would keep unlicensed forums up be problematic?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.