what are your guys' favorite movies this year so far?

they don't need to have come out this year per say, just something you saw for the first time this year. i'm about 48 movies through my watchlist this year with about 29 more to go. so far i've been absolutely in love with booksmart, once upon a time in hollywood, the beach bum and apollo 11. all films i've rated a perfect 10.

Comments

• edited August 2019

Well, my favorite movie of this year is definitely Avengers Endgame but I still have to see Spider-Man Far From Home, but it seems to be pretty divisive.

But there is an old movie that I REALLY enjoyed watching and it became one of my favorites, I dunno why it took me so long to do it and that is Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2. The main reason I decided now is because I was playing Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. And it's kind of ironic because I watched them during the time Once Upon A Time In Holywood was released, I didn't even think of it. Kill Bill is pretty much the first Quentin Tarantino movie I've ever watched.

• aw hell yeah dude, kill bill vol 1 and 2 are peak tarantino imo, glad you finally got around to watching it.

AronDracula posted: »

Well, my favorite movie of this year is definitely Avengers Endgame but I still have to see Spider-Man Far From Home, but it seems to be pre

• Endgame was this year, wasn't it? Well, probably that.

• I have to say Endgame. 10 years and 20+ movies, all leading to this, that alone is a masterful achievement.

• hell yeah dude, that movie was fuckin great.

CRAWL

• edited August 2019

Favourite movies that came out this year so far:

Avengers: Endgame
    Probably one of my favourite superhero movies of all time and one of (if not the best) the best theatre experiences I'd ever had. Being in a theatre full of fans just felt like such a big event.

Toy Story 4
    Had me and my friend in tears by the end. An extremely satisfying conclusion to the series with some absolutely beautiful visuals.

Crawl
    Shockingly good and lots of fun, I had a blast with it! So much tension and some pretty good kills (especially that one kill. If you've seen it, you know the one).

I also watched Hot Fuzz for the first time, I'd seen the other Cornetto movies already but only recently got around to watching this one. I thought it was good! There are some great jokes and I loved the chemistry between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. I'd probably appreciate it more though if I wasn't so dead tired and on a plane when I watched it.

• Shamelayan's "glAss".

• I strongly appreciate the puns

Shamelayan's "glAss".

• Favorite movie made this year: Midsommar

Favorite movies I’ve seen this year: Blue Velvet, Magnolia, Silence, Lost Highway, The Hidden Fortress

• midsommar was fuckin sweet dude. i've been meaning to see blue velvet for a while now, is it pretty good compared to lynch's other films?

No_username posted: »

Favorite movie made this year: Midsommar Favorite movies I’ve seen this year: Blue Velvet, Magnolia, Silence, Lost Highway, The Hidden Fortress

• Far from home is amazing and I genuinely have no idea why it would be called divisive. But I guess I’m just one of those people who can see things that make divisive films stand out, and flaws to make “masterpieces” fall apart

Well, my favorite movie of this year is definitely Avengers Endgame but I still have to see Spider-Man Far From Home, but it seems to be pre

• It’s among his best films imo. It’s also great for if you’ve never seen a David Lynch movie, as it’s not quite as surreal as some of his others like Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway or Eraserhead, but it definitely still has his style.

midsommar was fuckin sweet dude. i've been meaning to see blue velvet for a while now, is it pretty good compared to lynch's other films?

• Awesome, I'll add it to my watchlist.

No_username posted: »

It’s among his best films imo. It’s also great for if you’ve never seen a David Lynch movie, as it’s not quite as surreal as some of his others like Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway or Eraserhead, but it definitely still has his style.

• I've rated some movies, check it out.

Deadpool 2 (2018)
    Another phenomenal installation in the Deadpool series, Although it's not in the MCU it proves to be authentic
    It was quite the tear jerker at times. There were hilariously brutal moments and so many adult jokes
    Overall, great film i'd rate it a nine out of ten.

It: Chapter two (2019)
    I find this movie to actually be mediocre, It honestly didn't do the first movie any justice whatsoever! Sure, the movie was actually scary but that doesn't make it a good film. To me it really lacked good comedic scenes. I only laughed at one scene. In that scene one of the protagonists makes a really crude, and sexual remark towards the antagonist and the antagonist just wiped him out. Boom! All of that character development from the first movie? Gone! You know it's bad when a bunch of teenage actors put out a better performance than the freaking adults!
    In conclusion, I really didn't like this movie and thought it was boring. I would rate it a two out of ten. You could hardly tell if they put effort into this film.

The Lego Movie Two: The Second Part (2019)
    This film actually isn't great, it's wonderful, While its predecessor is still a better film than this one, they really made a great hit! It had some great references to the 90's and pop culture. This movie teaches a brilliant lesson, "just because the society has changed, you don't have to." I believe this movie appeals to adults and children alike.
    I would rate this film a eight out of ten.

And lastly, you can't rate 2019 films without talking about this pop culture hit........

Marvel's Avengers: Endgame (2019)
    This was a conclusion to a cinematic universe that changed the world, And it ended with a BANG! This movie takes place years after Infinity War. Our Protagonists settle in for one last fight with the Antagonist. While they use several science fiction gimmicks, they use it in a charming way. It has many character development plots. For instance one of the protagonists deals with depression/PTSD/Anxiety/etc and tries to get back in shape. Don't get me started on the end of this film! It made me cry! One of the most beloved Protagonists' had to sacrifice himself in order to kill the Antagonists. This film was amazing! I would rate this a ten out of ten.
    Goodbye, marvel....

• The Invisible Guest (2016). Awesome thriller that completely blew my mind.

• Favorites so far are:

1: Climax

2: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

3: Under the Silver Lake

4: Midsommar

Really looking forward to The Lighthouse, Parasyte, Joker, and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.

• Joker's gonna be the bomb!

ralo229 posted: »

Favorites so far are: 1: Climax 2: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 3: Under the Silver Lake 4: Midsommar Really looking forward to The Lighthouse, Parasyte, Joker, and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.

• Now this is another movie that I wish I had seen sooner, even if it's been just one year. And that is A Quiet Place. One of the scariest, yet one of the most original horror films of 2010's. There is no horror movie that scared me more than this one because this one proves what is worse than a Zombie Apocalypse. In world where you have to keep your mouth shut all the time is one of the things that I hope would NEVER happen in real world.

• yeah tbh the first time i saw it wasn't really into it but upon rewatching it i really really liked it.

Now this is another movie that I wish I had seen sooner, even if it's been just one year. And that is A Quiet Place. One of the scariest, ye

• Dragon Ball Super: Broly
    Toy Story 4
    Joker
    IT: Chapter 2
    Child’s Play
    Spider-Man: Far From Home
    Fighting with My Family
    Once Upon A Time... in Hollywood
    Angel Has Fallen
    Stan & Ollie
    BrightBurn
    Pokémon: Detective Pikachu