Need help with some PC parts.

edited August 2019 in General Chat

So im trying to upgrade my PC and turns out the CPU i want doesn't fit my motherboard so i gotta buy new one.
This changes everything so i need to know how well it goes with the parts i want in it.
The motherboard i have right now is z270m Pro4
I only have some knowledge when it comes to PC building.

Okay so, this is the new motherboard, its cheap so im worried about it how good is it:

http://fenix.com.hr/product.asp?product=a320m-hdv-r40&code=0202261

Parts that i want into that motherboard:

• GPU: RX 5700 XT
    -CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
    -RAM sticks: ddr4 2x8 2400mhz

So can you tell me will everything get along with that motherboard, how good is it, should i consider buying better one etc...

I was also thinking to have water cooling since that GPU is known for its heat and its loudness.

I would appreciate any help i can get.

Comments

• edited August 2019

It's not recommended to pair a entry level board like the one you've picked with the CPU you want, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X. AMD Ryzen 3600X needs to be paired with a high-end chipset such as the X470 or X570, you may go a tier lower, by getting a board that runs on the B450 chipset. Difference between B450, X470 and X570 is, X570 supports the newer and faster PCI Express (PCIe) 4.0 specs, while B450 and X470 is just PCIe Express (PCIe) 3.0. In games, there is no difference between PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0, even though the card you've picked, RX 5700XT supports PCIe 4.0.
    As for the video card, go with a 3rd party cooler, it has more fans so they run a lot cooler than the reference design made by AMD. Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Sapphire, XFX, all make them. Water cooling isn't really necessary with 3rd party coolers, but if you're still going to water cool your GPU, then you're basically looking at custom loop setup, which will set you back another $600 to $1000+ USD, just for the cooling parts itself.
    For memory, those 2x8 2400MHz sticks, are they from your old computer or you're getting new sticks. AMD's performance is based on how fast your memory runs at, so you'll want something like DDR4 3600MHz.

• edited August 2019

I decided to wait until christmas to get a proper build. You got me worried a little about that ram, im gonna use 2400mhz, should i upgrade that too or i can maybe overclock it if possible.
    Also i dont know what is Pcie 4.0 or x16. Anyways thanks for replying.

• edited August 2019

Can try overclocking your ram, but there are risk involved such as increasing the voltage, and too much will fry not only memory but also the board, so just get higher speed memory.
    PCIe x16 is the physical size of the slot
    PCIe 4.0 is the speed that slot is able to run at
    Some product pages will say it as PCIe x16 Gen 4

Bruno113 posted: »

I decided to wait until christmas to get a proper build. You got me worried a little about that ram, im gonna use 2400mhz, should i upgrade

Sign in to comment in this discussion.