The Telltale.com front page has been updated and...

The Telltale.com front page has been updated.

But more importantly the video that autoplays on telltale.com has been CHANGED from a trailer for Batman S1 to a trailer for THE WOLF AMONG US.

Thoughts ?

Comments

• also worth noting 2 of the 3 "featured games" were changed from RGX and Puzzle Agent to Batman Season Two and The Wolf Among Us.

• It's coming, I can feel it

• It could be that they felt The Wolf Among Us was the most successful Telltale game after The Walking Dead, so it would make sense to plaster it on the home screen and promote it. I don't think it is a flat out confirmation of a Season Two, as to pull that off, they would need Nicole Martinez, the Lead Writer for The Wolf Among Us Season Two, they need a piece of OG Telltale, especially someone of Nicole's calibre.

If they could make some sort of arrangement by having Nicole plan out the entirety of the Season, and have her act as a Story consultant to the Writers, then they could make it work. But that is easier said than done, as I have no idea how they would pull it off. I am cautiously optimistic that they could do it, fingers crossed

• and the new mod/employee made Bigby his forum avatar...

• Well they managed to get the assets for Wolf and Batman, so maybe that included the scripts for Wolf 2.

It could be that they felt The Wolf Among Us was the most successful Telltale game after The Walking Dead, so it would make sense to plaster

• This tweet back in march might have been for wolf s2 after all....

• edited August 2019

That's enough proof right there folks

Poogers555 posted: »

and the new mod/employee made Bigby his forum avatar...

• Could be but I doubt they already started vocal work unless they've been secretly developing the game this entire time with hopes they get the rights.

This tweet back in march might have been for wolf s2 after all.... https://twitter.com/DaveFennoy/status/1108885116598792193

• edited August 2019

Don't they only have the assets for Wolf, Batman and Puzzle Agent? Those are only a few options to choose from so I think its logical that they would go for Wolf, given the circumstances. The Wolf Among us is one of the most anticipated Telltale game, fans have been waiting for it for 6 years, only the more reason to make it.

It could be that they felt The Wolf Among Us was the most successful Telltale game after The Walking Dead, so it would make sense to plaster

• I think you're onto something here...

Could be but I doubt they already started vocal work unless they've been secretly developing the game this entire time with hopes they get the rights.

• I so strongly want to believe it's TWAU because of the 'my lips are sealed' part but because of the way that Ottilie and the rest of the new Telltale are talking in their interviews, it just doesn't seem like they started development in March, or even before March. It seems like they're planning on making Wolf 2, but they haven't started it yet. Although, if I remember correctly, didn't they say they wanted to reveal their new game by the end of the year? Or was it next year? Could be plausible.

This tweet back in march might have been for wolf s2 after all.... https://twitter.com/DaveFennoy/status/1108885116598792193

• I think by the end of this year

Ghetsis posted: »

I so strongly want to believe it's TWAU because of the 'my lips are sealed' part but because of the way that Ottilie and the rest of the new

• They'll probably show a teaser during The Game Awards in december. That's what I would do. A lot of people are watching it and it would put Telltale back on the map for a lot of people. Especially with Wolf 2.

They could get Geoff Keighley talking about how the studio was resurrected from the dead and stuff to get people more excited.

I so strongly want to believe it's TWAU because of the 'my lips are sealed' part but because of the way that Ottilie and the rest of the new

• That actually makes a lot of sense, I could def see them reveal Wolf 2 at the game awards. It would probably just be a really small tease and then talking with Geoff and give a bit of info, but I think that will def help them get their foot in the door again.

GSSalvador posted: »

They'll probably show a teaser during The Game Awards in december. That's what I would do. A lot of people are watching it and it would put

• Hopefully, because it deserves to be released, I will be buzzing if they do, with how OG Telltale Staff spoke about it, it sounded like it was going to be lit

lupinb0y posted: »

Well they managed to get the assets for Wolf and Batman, so maybe that included the scripts for Wolf 2.

• Yes they do, and I definitely think they should, I just said at the start that while I don't think it is a flat out confirmation that they are developing Season Two, I did go on to say later that I am cautiously optimistic they could pull it off with the assistance of Nicole Martinez.

Don't they only have the assets for Wolf, Batman and Puzzle Agent? Those are only a few options to choose from so I think its logical that t

• The script for Episode 1 was almost done by the time of Telltale's closure, if the script was at that point, surely the physical components of the Episode would exist alongside it. So the assets and stuff could be sitting there, but they may have spent up to this point actually recruiting staff.

• Here's hoping

GSSalvador posted: »

They'll probably show a teaser during The Game Awards in december. That's what I would do. A lot of people are watching it and it would put

• I'm not too knowledgeable on this stuff, but I thought they were going to switch to Unity for their next game? Maybe that doesn't include Wolf 2? If they want to follow along from that work, they'd have to work on the Telltale Tool.

The script for Episode 1 was almost done by the time of Telltale's closure, if the script was at that point, surely the physical components

• Wolf 2 was going to be the next game after Stranger Things to run on the Unity engine.

New Telltale confirmed that while they do own the Telltale Tool, they'll be switching to Unity going forward.

I'm not too knowledgeable on this stuff, but I thought they were going to switch to Unity for their next game? Maybe that doesn't include Wolf 2? If they want to follow along from that work, they'd have to work on the Telltale Tool.

• Have they mentioned unity in specific so far?

Wolf 2 was going to be the next game after Stranger Things to run on the Unity engine. New Telltale confirmed that while they do own the Telltale Tool, they'll be switching to Unity going forward.

• edited September 2019

I'm remember seeing/hearing something about them moving on from the Telltale Tool, but they didn't specify Unity as a replacement (my bad), that was just what I thought they would do. I can't find where I read/heard about them not using the Tool anymore though, maybe it was in the Fireside Chat interview, but I'm not too sure.

Have they mentioned unity in specific so far?

• I think The Wolf Among Us Season Two was going to be using Unity, as they were scrapping the Telltale Tool after The Walking Dead: The Final Season

I'm not too knowledgeable on this stuff, but I thought they were going to switch to Unity for their next game? Maybe that doesn't include Wolf 2? If they want to follow along from that work, they'd have to work on the Telltale Tool.

• It would make sense for them to use Unity anyway, The Wolf Among Us Season Two was being built on it, like you said in your response to Ghetsis. I think it wouldn't make sense for them to shift towards another game engine after using a different one for a singular game. But yeah I agree with you :smile:

I'm remember seeing/hearing something about them moving on from the Telltale Tool, but they didn't specify Unity as a replacement (my bad),

• Either way, it seems like the main reason to keep the Telltale tool is if they need to change something with an older game. I wont be surprised if they go with Unity still but could also see them go with Unreal.

I'm remember seeing/hearing something about them moving on from the Telltale Tool, but they didn't specify Unity as a replacement (my bad),

• edited September 2019

Could they replicate the wolf among us artstyle with unity? I'm not familier with this stuff

Either way, it seems like the main reason to keep the Telltale tool is if they need to change something with an older game. I wont be surprised if they go with Unity still but could also see them go with Unreal.

• It should be possible. Doing the same type of lighting and cell sharing shouldnt really be the hard part for Wolf 2, its more so the art style's geometry like the character models for example. Im not so worried about the lighting, but I hope they make all character models look the same (which is possible to do but you need to have people who understand the art style to replicate it for all models)

Could they replicate the wolf among us artstyle with unity? I'm not familier with this stuff

• My my my have the turn tables

• Will the main site eventually be able to have a link that leads to the discussion forum like before?

• Yes, at one point the community forums will be updated to fit in normally with the site and probably get some type of overhaul. Hopefully not to massive as the layout we have now is pretty good, most noticeable change will be the game sections Telltale no longer owns will most likely be gone :(

Will the main site eventually be able to have a link that leads to the discussion forum like before?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.