How do people feel

What's your opinion on telltale being back from the dead

Comments

• Stunned and worried, but happy and sometimes doubtful, that's how fucked up the release of twau s2 and TT'S closing has made me.

• I'm happy and relieved for them.
    They didn't deserve to go down because of TWDG and certainly didn't deserve to be abandoned by both unfaithful fans & investors.

• Happy.

If they get their shit right, it could be just like the good ol' golden days...
    ...just better.

• Happy, cautiously optimistic, but also on the fence. A lot of feelings, I know, it's just weird seeing something that you believed to have been permanently gone to rise from the ashes. I wish them all the best :smile:

• I think it's a good thing i've got a good feeling about this,i think it's the first time i have hope again since Batman S2 came out. They better get it right this time though,but i haven't seen any red flags so far and these new guys seems to know what they're doing.

• I'm optimistic

• Im happy they're back.
    More games like this the better.

• I hope the new staff actually innovate this time and don't copy paste the same game 50 times, other than that I'm ok with it, not terribly excited since I'm not very interested in Wolf and it's fairly obvious that that's what they're gonna make next.

• edited September 2019

I have some worries, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Time will show, but right now it looks promising.

• As fans we need to be concerned about how the company treats the people who are making the games for us, first and foremost. If this doesn't turn into a worker exploitation fest like the last Telltale, then this makes me very happy and excited for their future. I love the Telltale style games and I'm glad these people decided to keep that concept afloat. Super excited to see how (if?) they shake up the formula.

• Im pretty happy. Time is going to tell if this new Telltale is going to be any good, but I like what Im hearing from them so far.

I feel theres a lot of potential here for there to be high quality "Telltale-styled" games from them again.

• edited September 2019

I wonder if they'll partner back up with Jared Emerson-Johnson.
    He's the definition of a Telltale Veteran! (composing music for every single TTG game, from past to present, apart from MCSM)

Poogers555 posted: »

Im pretty happy. Time is going to tell if this new Telltale is going to be any good, but I like what Im hearing from them so far. I feel theres a lot of potential here for there to be high quality "Telltale-styled" games from them again.

• I'm personally just glad that the website is being maintained and that previously purchased games can still be downloaded.

If a new game comes out, that's just icing on the cake.

• Haven't seen you in ages. Glad to see you stop by.

Jennifer posted: »

I'm personally just glad that the website is being maintained and that previously purchased games can still be downloaded. If a new game comes out, that's just icing on the cake.

• I personally feel great. Less so when I checked twitter and saw how a certain other person is feeling, tho.

First person to notice gets a gold star.

• Cautiously excited. Telltale were my favorite western studio and it broke my heart when they went under. I know it won't be the same but if that passion, love, and attention is there this could be a damn good revival.

• Yes they absolutely need to collaborate with Jared. He is literally the Telltale composer.

AChicken posted: »

I wonder if they'll partner back up with Jared Emerson-Johnson. He's the definition of a Telltale Veteran! (composing music for every single TTG game, from past to present, apart from MCSM)

• I was honestly wondering the same and I really want him to come back for Wolf 2's soundtrack.

I feel like he most likely will though, I dont see why he'd turn it down.

I wonder if they'll partner back up with Jared Emerson-Johnson. He's the definition of a Telltale Veteran! (composing music for every single TTG game, from past to present, apart from MCSM)

• The classic Kevin Bruner bruh moment

booper posted: »

I personally feel great. Less so when I checked twitter and saw how a certain other person is feeling, tho. First person to notice gets a gold star.

• Thanks. :)

I've been lurking since Telltale went into assignment but this news piqued my interest enough to post here again.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Haven't seen you in ages. Glad to see you stop by.

• edited September 2019

You better watch out, you better not cry.
    You better hide your money, I'm telling you why...

Kevin Bruner's comin' to town.

The classic Kevin Bruner bruh moment

• "FUCK THIS GUY"
    KENNY

BigBadPaul posted: »

You better watch out, you better not cry. You better hide your money, I'm telling you why... Kevin Bruner's comin' to town.

• Without the crunch

Happy. If they get their shit right, it could be just like the good ol' golden days... ...just better.

• I am happy to see Telltale coming back from the ashes. Hopefully we will get some newer high quality games :).

• Kevin Bruner after he heard word that Telltale is back from the dead

You better watch out, you better not cry. You better hide your money, I'm telling you why... Kevin Bruner's comin' to town.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

I'm so very tired.

• Are you one of the people that got hired back?

kenjisalk posted: »

I'm so very tired.

• Judging by his comment.. No.

Are you one of the people that got hired back?

• Yeah but didnt he also willingly leave the company at the start of 2017?

captainivy1 posted: »

Judging by his comment.. No.

• As long as they get their shit together after the disastrous management, I'm cool.

• I just discovered Bruner's real identity.

Kevin Bruner after he heard word that Telltale is back from the dead

• edited September 2019

Goddamn goatee bearded prick Bruner...

AronDracula posted: »

I just discovered Bruner's real identity.

• Welp, The Wolf Among Us and Batman Seasons 1&2 have finally been relisted (unless they never left in the first place), and are also finally on sale again in the latest PS4 sale.

This is currently the top-sitting comment in the Reddit PS4 sale megathread ---> Card

Hooray for the rebirth of Telltale!

• I just heard the news. This is wonderful news, Telltale was unlike any other. I'm excited to see whats to come.

• New content from Telltale and Halestorm? Yass, Kween! 😄

• I did notice only 2 telltale games were missing on PS4 store UK game of thrones and Minecraft story mode

Welp, The Wolf Among Us and Batman Seasons 1&2 have finally been relisted (unless they never left in the first place), and are also fina

• Guardians of the galaxy is also missing.

donmike84 posted: »

I did notice only 2 telltale games were missing on PS4 store UK game of thrones and Minecraft story mode

• edited September 2019

a lot of the catalog is missing. Pretty much everything but batman, sam & max, Puzzle agent 1 (not 2 for some reason) and wolf.

Ghetsis posted: »

Guardians of the galaxy is also missing.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

define "willingly"

Yeah but didnt he also willingly leave the company at the start of 2017?

• Well sorry if you didnt willingly leave as I just assumed you did and not something else caused your departure, didnt want to be a dick or anything sorry, but we were talking about employees during Telltale's shut down and it seemed kinda strange you would come back here to comment on it as if you were there when it happened when you haven't been a part of Telltale for a long time. (and obviously you did use to work there so Im sure you were still involved with people who worked there during the shut down, but it is a bit strange to come back here all this time later to say that)

But now I'm actually kinda curious why you came all the way back here after all this time?

kenjisalk posted: »

define "willingly"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.