RED ALERT - TELLTALE HAS CHANGED THEIR FACEBOOK AND TWITTER ICONS TO BIGBY WOLF

Comments

• UPDATE - Telltale is changing their Youtube appearance as we speak.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TelltaleGames/videos

• edited September 2019

THE PLOT THICKENS

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

UPDATE - Telltale is changing their Youtube appearance as we speak. https://www.youtube.com/user/TelltaleGames/videos

• Telltale's new Facebook description

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

THE PLOT THICKENS

• WE IN THERE WE REALLY IN THERE

• edited September 2019

OH. MY. GOD.

• Also if any of you Telltale fellas see these post, all Im saying is years ago Telltale randomly tweet #SeeYouAround and nothing came of it even though we all knew it had something to do with Wolf.

So Im not saying you should 100% do that once you get close to announcing this game that rhymes with Bolf A Ton Bus Boo but like... opportunity is knocking my guys

• edited September 2019

Y'all are ignoring the fact that it said

"It's hard to see your favorite games disappear or not get the sequels they deserve".

It's plural. aka MORE THAN ONE.

I don't know exactly who saved Telltale or took up the direction over there, but goddamn.
    THANK YOU.

• This pleases me.

• Oh crikey

• edited September 2019

I think the most we can hope for is a formal announcement that it's going to go into development ASAP. Jessica Krause, one of the writers on the original team, said on twitter that no one's contacted her or any of the other members of the team back, which leads me to believe one of two things is happening: 1) Telltale hasn't started developing the game and are going to work on getting a team together once they've filled other more important positions and are in a stable position to develop it, or 2) they're going to start from scratch and get a new team together.

I'm really hoping it's the first one. Everything we've heard about the original Wolf 2 makes it seem like a passion project, and I doubt new, unrelated writers could carry that same consistency and passion into a new version.

• I think its better if they start from scratch.

People who worked on the game claim it was going to be huge, wildly different than what Telltale has done before, be the biggest thing ever done, but for some reason never ever explain what they meant by that. Then actual reports come out and it had almost no budget, was barely worked on at all, was only 3 episodes long, and even if Telltale didnt die, probably would have been canceled anyway. So Wolf 2 honestly just sounded like a disappointment, so I hope they do something more with it, because Im more inclined to believe an actual report about how it was going to be than people going "oh yeah it would have been incredible," but give no insight whats so ever.

booper posted: »

I think the most we can hope for is a formal announcement that it's going to go into development ASAP. Jessica Krause, one of the writers o

• Multiple members of the development team have said that the article that said all of that was wrong. We've gotten reports that they already had an outline finished, a script for episode 1, art design and even fight choreography if what @4k60fpsHDR said on reddit was true. The only thing that lends me pause is how absolutely no one wants to talk about it past really vague assurances that it would've been awesome. Maybe it's an NDA thing, I don't know.

Fact is, we're probably never going to know what the original Wolf 2 would have been like unless nuTelltale picks up the pieces Nicole and her team left. I don't know if I trust it to be the same as the original season, but I do trust that the team would have at least honored the spirit and writing. I want a game that's going to take the source material and make it its own like the first season did. I don't want a straight up adaption of the comic.

Poogers555 posted: »

I think its better if they start from scratch. People who worked on the game claim it was going to be huge, wildly different than what Te

• edited September 2019

I would say they just dont want to admit what they were working on was bad. I mean one of them unironically went "ALL OF THAT INFO IS WRONG, but changing the release format isnt bad haha..." Like that one statement they gave they said it was all fake and then confirmed that the info was real as they confirmed yes it was 3 eps due to saying the release format change isnt bad.

I doubt its NDA. Everything leaked after Telltale died except for some reason Wolf 2, almost like almost nothing was done on it to be leaked. Final Season had leaked, Stranger Things was leaked, but Wolf? Nothing. Truth is there probably isnt that much to talk about besides story outlines.

Multiple members of the development team have said that the article that said all of that was wrong. We've gotten reports that they already

• edited September 2019

If it wasn't NDA, Adam Harrington and Bill Willingham wouldn't have reacted the way they did when they were about to spoil the story; that they clammed up and immediately dropped all mention of it makes it seem like something legal was stopping them. (Unless you believe that they were developing the game secretly all this time or knew about the new company, but the Wolf 2 team sure didn't so I doubt that's the case.) If someone has seen fight choreography then that means there's more to it than just outlines. In the end, I guess we'll never know until someone speaks out or we get a proper leak.

That being said, as long as we're going to be negative, tbh... while I'm sympathetic to the dev team and sincerely hope they come back, the way they handled Wolf 2 post-cancellation kind of annoyed me. It got to a point where all you'd hear when they talked about it on twitter, in interviews and even the Telltale doc that came out was IT WAS GOING TO BE AMAZING IT WAS GOING TO BE THE BEST TELLTALE GAME EVER MADE IT WAS GOING TO BE INSANE BUT TOO BAD YOU CAN NEVER PLAY IT without any context or elaboration. If they were under an NDA, fine, I totally get it. But you can't say that kind of stuff and just leave it at that. After years of radio silence, a long and unannounced delay, and absolutely nothing to show that they were working on it except for vague assurances that those Bigby caps/"leaks" were fake (which I really doubt), hearing all of that just felt like rubbing salt in the wound and hurt just as much as finding out the game was cancelled. I'd rather take total silence than lip service, especially if there's no intention on following through with it by at least telling us why.
    edit: didn't know about the 3 episode thing being confirmed by another dev team member. Got a link?

I would say they just dont want to admit what they were working on was bad. I mean one of them unironically went "ALL OF THAT INFO IS WRONG,

• Adam and Bill stopped because they said they felt it wasnt right for them to reveal the story as they didnt make it and it should be up to the writers to choose if they want to reveal it or not.

As for the post-canned I agree, which is why I honestly believe the article saying it was barely anything at all more than the people claiming it wasnt accurate (not to mention the main person saying it was not accurate is notorious at this point for spreading fake info/largely exaggerated about Telltale)

Truth is that picture of Bigby is probably semi-real. I dont think they were going to go with that design but seeing how it was made by Funlabs it wasnt made for no reason. Just makes sense for Telltale to outright say "0 involvement with that" because its bad press to say they were involved with it at all even if they werent going to go with that design. I honestly feel everyone going "It was going to be HUGE" have this weird bitterness because Telltale shutdown. Seeing how nothing actually leaked, I would say its safe to assume its because there was almost nothing to actually leak. All the ex-Telltale staff never elaborating on what they are talking about when they say it was "insane" probably dont say anything because by "insane" they mean there was cool ideas that never even got off paper so dont even know if it was going to be in-game or have any idea what the actual thing was going to be besides hopes and dreams.

If it wasn't NDA, Adam Harrington and Bill Willingham wouldn't have reacted the way they did when they were about to spoil the story; that t

• Listen, I really want to be as excited as the rest of you, but all I’m feeling is this strange sense of dread. I’ve spent the past half hour trying to write a cohesive response but my thoughts are too conflicted at the moment.

Anyway, the news of fighting choreography having been worked on is completely new to me. Is there anywhere I can read further about it? @booper @4k60fpsHDR

• Seeing how nothing actually leaked, I would say its safe to assume its because there was almost nothing to actually leak. All the ex-Telltale staff never elaborating on what they are talking about [...] because by "insane" they mean there was cool ideas that never even got off paper

Although I’m not 100% convinced that TWAU 2’s development was so scarce, I’m inclined to agree with you there. They couldn’t even elaborate to say something like “the gameplay was really different compared to our previous games” or “the story had a different tone”. Like none of that is going into specifics, I don’t see how that could have broken an NDA.

Adam and Bill stopped because they said they felt it wasnt right for them to reveal the story as they didnt make it and it should be up to t

• At first I was just going to brush it off as a fake until I saw @4k60fpsHDR on the forums. Interestingly, Brouillard is French for fog/mist. Doesn't seem to be connected to a fable or fairy tale, though.

hemfbg posted: »

Listen, I really want to be as excited as the rest of you, but all I’m feeling is this strange sense of dread. I’ve spent the past half hou

• edited September 2019

I don't think that pic of Bigby was a final design, but it was probably concept art or a placement model since it looks pretty similar to The Final Season and TEW's art style, and it definitely wasn't fanart or a fake given Funlabs' history. The dumbest thing about that debacle is that Telltale could have easily turned it around into good PR by using that as an opportunity to show off Wolf 2 material; not footage, but they could have at least given us a teaser for Bigby's real model or something like that. It feels like they bungled Wolf 2's production from start to finish. It was supposed to come out before Stranger Things yet that game ended up with an entire town nearly complete and voice acting/gameplay. It's almost like they wanted to pretend it didn't exist, which is even more insane to me because it was their best selling game on Steam after TWDs1.

Again, I can't stress enough what a shitty situation they were in towards the end of the company's lifespan, and they don't owe us anything, but it's still incredibly frustrating as a fan and as a consumer who stuck by Telltale and kept supporting them hoping it would lead to another TWAU. Borderline coy comments that ultimately tell us nothing except how awful it is that we're missing out on something cool over and over again are draining. In that regard, I'm glad they haven't said anything about the game in a while; I'd rather hear nothing at all than feel like I'm being patronized to.

Adam and Bill stopped because they said they felt it wasnt right for them to reveal the story as they didnt make it and it should be up to t

• Thats very very interesting, I never heard that there was a video of it going around or if it truly existed. That being said interestingly searching "French fairytale about fog" Donkey Skin comes up. Obviously the search itself is unrelated, but interesting how French character is related to the French fable of Faith.

At first I was just going to brush it off as a fake until I saw @4k60fpsHDR on the forums. Interestingly, Brouillard is French for fog/mist. Doesn't seem to be connected to a fable or fairy tale, though.

• It's sad that my first thoughts were "okay, they're French, Bigby was in WW2 in the comics, what if this is a prequel that takes place even FURTHER back on the timeline in WW2 era France." All this over something that's probably fake anyway lmao.

Real news could not come soon enough. The more I keep trying to speculate on what could have been and what may be, the more my brain feels like it's eating itself alive.

Thats very very interesting, I never heard that there was a video of it going around or if it truly existed. That being said interestingly s

• Well if it makes you feel more at ease it was confirmed Wolf 2 was going to take place after season 1 so they weren't going to go with the double prequel route haha...

It's sad that my first thoughts were "okay, they're French, Bigby was in WW2 in the comics, what if this is a prequel that takes place even

• The Wolf Among Us: The Pre-Prequel

Well if it makes you feel more at ease it was confirmed Wolf 2 was going to take place after season 1 so they weren't going to go with the double prequel route haha...

• The reason why they didn't talk about Wolf 2 is because of an NDA. There was an NDA because there were talks about LCG to buy Telltale as early as november last year. Minecraft, Stranger Things, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead all went back to their owner, while Wolf and Batman were in limbus and eventually bought by LCG. Talking about Wolf 2 or Batman would've put the devs into a lot of trouble if those licenses and assets were bought by someone, which they were eventually. They don't talk about specifics, because those are assets to a property which they do not own anymore and if they did, they could've been sued by the new company, which is now the rightful owner of not only the ip, but also all of the assets.

And why Wolf 2 didn't leak, but Stranger Things did? The leak of Stranger Things nearly killed Telltale by itself. After that fuck up they probably went on an information lockdown.

I'm not saying they had a completely functional, presentable first episode of Wolf 2 to showcase all the ambitious features, but to say it's probably bad because they don't talk about it is very inaccurate. Also: "leaks" are not reports. They are not factual. They are not news until they're proven.

Now, this is how it most likely went down:

Stranger Things was supposed to be released before Wolf 2.
    Stranger Things was fairly far ahead into developement since a prototype was finished and even some voice lines were recorded.
    Wolf 2 was most likely far into the prototype phase, where most of the new features and technicle stuff was implemented into the engine build and tested.
    A script for Episode 1 should've also been pretty far advanced, with a general storyoutline for the season done.
    They were most likely just starting to put some things together, like levels, action scenes and all that stuff.
    And since Telltale was aiming for very different kind of games at that time, I'm pretty sure a design-doc was completely finished, too.

They obviously couldn't show anything, because they didn't have anything presentable for the public. Just look at those Stranger Things leaks. They show what the game is supposed to be, but it was all for internal purposes, which us why it looked the way it did. It was for testing.

I would say they just dont want to admit what they were working on was bad. I mean one of them unironically went "ALL OF THAT INFO IS WRONG,

• Is there a source for the LCD trying to buy Wolf as close as November? The one I saw said they didnt make any attempts until February.

Also I was referring to actual concept art/ videos/ ect that leaked. Stranger Things announcement leaked and caused a lot of trouble for Telltale but the day Telltale died, art and assets were all just plopped out and leaked for people to see. Nothing Wolf did. Which is why I was saying thats probably why no one actually elaborates on "How insane" it was going to be because it never even got off the paper plan, so theres no idea if it was even going to work out.

GSSalvador posted: »

The reason why they didn't talk about Wolf 2 is because of an NDA. There was an NDA because there were talks about LCG to buy Telltale as ea

• In the first announcement or in one of the first interviews the CEO said that they started working to buy Telltale as early as november, which probably also involved some of the IPs and assets. I don't think they specifically said anything about IPs but if they were willing to buy Telltale, they also must've kept their eyes on the IPs.

About the leaks: it could also be that Wolf 2 had a considerably smaller team attached to it as it was obviously in an earlier stage than Stranger Things thus reducing the chance for someone to put it online, but yeah, there probably wasn't even all that much to show to begin with.

Is there a source for the LCD trying to buy Wolf as close as November? The one I saw said they didnt make any attempts until February. Al

• edited September 2019

I'm gonna say something really terrifying: Let's assume it's Wolf that's coming, what if... They don't bring back Adam Harrington to voice Bigby Wolf 🙃

• Was thinking the same but I doubt they wont bring back most of the voice cast as they arnt overly expensive and Im sure Adam Harrington would say yes to doing the role. Erin Yvette also will probably still come back.

After that who knows what other characters will even return. Bluebeard probably will, but the rest can easily not appear again, Id really like them to but who knows if they necessarily will. I hope they do use more of the Telltale original characters as it builds more than just making new characters and keeps them in the mix for things the player wouldnt know about (for example the Snow fake out death was debunked fast as fuck because everyone knew she was in the comics)

I'm gonna say something really terrifying: Let's assume it's Wolf that's coming, what if... They don't bring back Adam Harrington to voice Bigby Wolf 🙃

• There's a Telltale Games sale on Steam, and TWAU is right on top of their list.

• Puzzle Agent 3 gets announced

hemfbg posted: »

⠀⠀⠀

• I'd be a happy man. I'd be a happy man no matter what they choose to announce really, but it gotta be TWAU at this point.

Puzzle Agent 3 gets announced

• edited September 2019

its something

Puzzle Agent 3 gets announced

• the wolf among us was properly the 2nd biggest seller after walking dead wolf 2 is not a matter of If it's a matter of when

• Technically it was Minecraft but Season 1 most of the money went to Microsoft not Telltale, so they made Season 2 but then no one bought season 2.

So technically yes, after Walking Dead, Wolf was their second best performing for them which is why its still strange why they never just made a sequel.

donmike84 posted: »

the wolf among us was properly the 2nd biggest seller after walking dead wolf 2 is not a matter of If it's a matter of when

• edited September 2019

Technically it was Minecraft...
    ...which is why its still strange why they never just made a sequel.

goddamn Bruner...

Technically it was Minecraft but Season 1 most of the money went to Microsoft not Telltale, so they made Season 2 but then no one bought sea

• The lack of proof besides some dude saying "I've seen it" on Reddit leads me to believe it's 95% likely to be untrue.

At first I was just going to brush it off as a fake until I saw @4k60fpsHDR on the forums. Interestingly, Brouillard is French for fog/mist. Doesn't seem to be connected to a fable or fairy tale, though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.