TWD: The Telltale Definitive Series has flopped in sales

The TT DE only sold 5,400 copies during its first 5 days being sold on PS4.

This is bad. Really bad.

Comments

• Doh!
    Probably shouldn't have done the first Collection.

• Is that even surprising? A lot of people moved on from this franchise.

• edited September 2019

This is kinda expected, there is really no new content to actually justify buying it. All the truly new content can just be watched on youtube for free.

However it probably isnt the worst turn around, its not like this game had a big budget at all, its super cheap development wise. They most likely still made a pretty good sum and turnout with all platform sales considering how little development cost was. (which is good, but it is a bit alarming for Skybound as even though Im sure they expected it to not sell like hot cakes, its probably not reaching what they truly wanted.)

• Unsurprising. Seems like it'd only appeal to the most die-hard fans of the franchise, and there aren't many of those left.

Now that this game is finished (aside from bug fixes I guess) what's Skybound going to get all the people they employed to work on? New IP? More TWD games?

• Not to mention the money received by Epic to help develop the project in the first place.

Poogers555 posted: »

This is kinda expected, there is really no new content to actually justify buying it. All the truly new content can just be watched on youtu

• The StillNotBitten weren't full hires I don't think so I'm pretty sure they've since disbanded except maybe a few members. It's possible they might be working on something in secret but who knows.

hemfbg posted: »

Unsurprising. Seems like it'd only appeal to the most die-hard fans of the franchise, and there aren't many of those left. Now that this

• edited September 2019

That's just for the PS4, what about the other platforms. Can't say "flopped in sales" when looking only at a single platform.

• Not everyone at StillNotBitten were full hires.
    Development costs were relatively cheap.
    PS4 only.
    First 5 days.
    They make money from other Telltale TWD games too now.
    Epic helped them out with finishing TFS.
    All in all, The Definitive Edition was made in the hopes that they'd get a bit more of their money back. In the end, they probably did lose money by reviving TFS, but I doubt it's extremely serious.

• Not shocked. 3 out of the 4 seasons range from mediocre to garbage and people are still rightfully sore about the company's closure and how shitty they treated their employees. It'd be a miracle if this HADNT flopped

• I would say its very likely it sold very similar on all platforms, its very unlikely the PS4 version sold this little and then for example the PC version sold like 80k copies. I wouldnt be surprised if its only sold 25k copies on all platforms.

MintBlue92 posted: »

That's just for the PS4, what about the other platforms. Can't say "flopped in sales" when looking only at a single platform.

• I imagine those sale numbers are right. But, we should remember that the Definitive Edition costs 50 USD, not the 25 USD typical of Telltale releases, so they probably don't need as many sales to recoup costs.

I would say its very likely it sold very similar on all platforms, its very unlikely the PS4 version sold this little and then for example the PC version sold like 80k copies. I wouldnt be surprised if its only sold 25k copies on all platforms.

• Idk, that GDATyler guy for example could probably help that out otherwise.

I would say its very likely it sold very similar on all platforms, its very unlikely the PS4 version sold this little and then for example the PC version sold like 80k copies. I wouldnt be surprised if its only sold 25k copies on all platforms.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.