Sooo...what is going on right now with the new Telltale? What are they doing?

Does anyone know a thing or two about a thing or two?

Comments

• Yeah they said they would have news on more old TTG games being secure "within the next few weeks" back on the day the deal was announced. It's been a month. Hoping for news soon.

• Yeah its only been about a month since the revival. We should at least be seeing their first game by the end of the year so not a painfully long wait.

• Thank for the information. Much appreciated :)

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Yeah they said they would have news on more old TTG games being secure "within the next few weeks" back on the day the deal was announced. It's been a month. Hoping for news soon.

• I have some experience with corporations. Right now, my guess is that the people in charge of the new Telltale know what they'd like to do, but they're not sure if they're able to do it yet and on what timescale. They'll want to get some people to assess what they've got and what they're allowed to do, and they'd like to produce some sort of animation/teaser ad to get customers excited. It's a bit soon for them to have accomplished that. On the other hand, Christmas is coming, and that's a huge deal for game makers, so there's going to be pressure to get at least pre-orders going by then, if not a playable episode 1 of whatever's next. My guess is we'll see a teaser in late October or early November.

(I have no actual direct knowledge of anything.)

• October or early November.

Either that or during the Game Awards like old Telltale used to do.

WarpSpeed posted: »

I have some experience with corporations. Right now, my guess is that the people in charge of the new Telltale know what they'd like to do,

• They're focusing the first 6 months on setting up the development pipeline. No way we're getting footage in 2019, let alone an actual episode until Late Q2-Q3 2020.

WarpSpeed posted: »

I have some experience with corporations. Right now, my guess is that the people in charge of the new Telltale know what they'd like to do,

• edited September 2019

At the moment Im expecting them to probably enter very early pre-production like gathering a team for a dedicated project they've now decided on. My bet is they wont actually reveal what they are doing till the game awards and it will just be a small animated teaser.

• New telltale are probably working on getting the legacy games back on sale while working on wolf among us season 2 and batman season 3

• They're probably just focusing on staying alive. What I took away from the fireside chat and all the interviews is that they want to completely restructure the company and have a small operation instead of a large one. Less employees means some things are just going to take longer to do.

For TWAU to even be a possibility, they need to be in a place where they can make it. They need to hire programmers, obtain a better engine since iirc they said they weren't using the Telltale Tool anymore, and budget for the game, and that's just a tiny piece of pre-production. Then they have to figure out who's going to write, if it's feasible to get old employees back, or if they to start from scratch with new ones. I would genuinely be surprised if they had anything to show for it by the time the Game Awards roll around, which I don't think they'll be at anyway since there's no real reason for them to be when they could just as easily make an online press announcement. I really hope I'm wrong so screencap this if I am.

Now, all of this being said, I do hope they adopt the old Telltale's communication with their fans. I really liked how they used to be active with the community through twitter and here on the forums, and so far i haven't seen any of that except for that one guy's post following the big announcement. I can understand if they're too busy for that right now and I don't hold it against them, but open communication and more of it would be a good start at rebuilding the gaming community's trust in them.

• Game Awards is still really likely. It will probably be a super simple teaser and no gameplay and mostly just be a logo reveal. It would get them more publicity than just randomly announcing. (but I can see them randomly announcing if they choose to)

booper posted: »

They're probably just focusing on staying alive. What I took away from the fireside chat and all the interviews is that they want to complet

• They're sleeping.

• I'm getting severe PTSD flashbacks lol, but seriously I hope we hearing something SOON (actually, soon, not Telltale soon.) I'm starting to lose my hype.

lupinb0y posted: »

• Whats there to be hyped about? I'm still on cautiously optimistic hhghhgh

I'm getting severe PTSD flashbacks lol, but seriously I hope we hearing something SOON (actually, soon, not Telltale soon.) I'm starting to lose my hype.

• The real question is when will New Telltale update the community section of the site lmao

• True. Seemed like that was a thing happening, but then the Web guy said it wasn't ready yet/didn't want to change it on us so suddenly

Poogers555 posted: »

The real question is when will New Telltale update the community section of the site lmao

• Does that new admin guy even check the forums anymore? Even if he's hard at work, I don't know why he can't just spare 2 minutes to check in and update us in the name of transparency. Even if nothing interesting is happening at the moment, he could've at least told us that he's decided he doesn't want to change the forum UI.

Poogers555 posted: »

The real question is when will New Telltale update the community section of the site lmao

• tbh this is actually one of the things making me side-eye the new management. Transparency and open communication would go a long way to earning back some of the trust they desperately need from the gaming community, after the PR disaster that came from their grand reopening announcement.

Ghetsis posted: »

Does that new admin guy even check the forums anymore? Even if he's hard at work, I don't know why he can't just spare 2 minutes to check in

• There isnt that many people here at the moment. My bet is they will update the forums right before the announcement. So if something weird happens around here like last time, I think its safe to assume the announcement will follow the next day as well as an update here.

tbh this is actually one of the things making me side-eye the new management. Transparency and open communication would go a long way to ear

• Please remember this a tiny team now that's barely getting its footing. We are back to 2007 with probably even less staff than back then. Patience is crucial at this stage.

tbh this is actually one of the things making me side-eye the new management. Transparency and open communication would go a long way to ear

• Yeah so in conclusion we won't get twau s2 this year, probably not even for the majority of 2020 as well, hope they work this out at the end.

• They did say no release this year, just they will announce their first game before the end of the year.

Yeah so in conclusion we won't get twau s2 this year, probably not even for the majority of 2020 as well, hope they work this out at the end.

• edited October 2019

end of the year probably at one of the game of the year award shows before we get any news on there first release since the takeover and I hope it's wolf among us 2

• Telltale, give us our games! Please!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.