"Lines We Cross" Episode Discussion

I'm back with these. I stopped doing them for Fear Season 5, since I'm pretty sure no one watches it (its quality does not help) and the TWD forums were shut, but since the main show is good now, I'm bringing it back baby!

Season 10! It's the first time in a long time I've felt genuinely and completely excited for TWD show. I'm eager to see how this all goes down. As before, comment now, during, or after the episode, whatever (although no spoilers if you've seen the episode early; comic spoilers should be spoiler-tagged). Let's get it on!

Comments

• That was a good first episode. They had a few months of peace and got to work on a new battle strategy, though it doesn't seem like it would work on something with more than one rotting brain cell. Negan is out of is cage for the most part to be a gardener. (Yeah, I bet that that's what he does the whole season) And now the peace seems to be at an end because shit is just leading them right to the Whisperers doorstep. I don't know what is up with Siddiq having those flashbacks, it just seems kinda off to me. Hopefully his character can be expanded on more and connect to last season so it will make more sense why he has them. l'm liking the new stamps they got for each part of the episode.

It sounds like they're on the verge of another whisperer war and Daryl and Carol are just planning to leave it all. I thought Daryl would want to stay around to watch over "Little Ass-kicker". Is he really that tired of fighting that he would leave her behind to be caught in the middle of war? But in the light of things, maybe Carol will change her mind after she just met their leader. Just seeing how batshit she is should be enough to know that no community is safe when she is in town.

If only we could just talk this shit out, right?

• Too. Many. Action. Scenes (for. my. liking.).

• I don't know what is up with Siddiq having those flashbacks, it just seems kinda off to me. Hopefully his character can be expanded on more and connect to last season so it will make more sense why he has them.

I've seen theories saying that he sold out the ones who got piked and in return would not get killed, so maybe that's it.

That was a good first episode. They had a few months of peace and got to work on a new battle strategy, though it doesn't seem like it woul

• edited October 2019

I thought the flashbacks made sense because isn’t it a reasonable thing to happen with someone when they and all of their friends get captured by skin wearing maniacs, all of said friends are beheaded in front of them, before finding out that they’ll be the only one left alive? It’s bad enough having a near death experience without having about 8 or so of your friends literally lose their heads in front of you and all. Those scars would cut deep so I liked that the flashbacks were a thing, hell if he didn’t have those flashbacks I’d be concerned.

That was a good first episode. They had a few months of peace and got to work on a new battle strategy, though it doesn't seem like it woul

• Oh, I must have forgotten about that plot point from previous season. Thanks for clarifying.

Melton23 posted: »

I thought the flashbacks made sense because isn’t it a reasonable thing to happen with someone when they and all of their friends get captur

• Pretty good episode. The Walking Dead is a VERY different show now than it was two years ago. The difference becomes most apparent this episode.

The biggest difference is the tonality. The show used to be rather self indulgent and very focused on its grounded moody seriousness that it became a nearly insufferable slog. Now, however, it's much more varied in its tonality. It's still serious, but it's also uplifting at times. It's more dynamic. It just feels more authentic now than it ever did past season five eventhough the show now is arguably much more campy.

It helps that the show itself is much better written now, with more authentic dialogue, better use of sidecharacters and generally more interesting ideas. You can tell that the writers are really trying to put as much new shit into the show as possible. It's great.

• People actually agree with me? That's so wierd, I thought everyone would be like "this is the Walking Dead what do you expect?" overall, I did enjoy this episode.

Ghetsis posted: »

Too. Many. Action. Scenes (for. my. liking.).

• more authentic dialogue, better use of sidecharacters and generally more interesting ideas.

Except that doctor dude. Kiss me already, we're gods. Tf?

GSSalvador posted: »

Pretty good episode. The Walking Dead is a VERY different show now than it was two years ago. The difference becomes most apparent this epis

• Lol I forgot about that guy. Don't worry, he'll probably die soon.

more authentic dialogue, better use of sidecharacters and generally more interesting ideas. Except that doctor dude. Kiss me already, we're gods. Tf?

• Oh, yeah. Dante's intro was super weird. I hope there is actually something behind that guy.

more authentic dialogue, better use of sidecharacters and generally more interesting ideas. Except that doctor dude. Kiss me already, we're gods. Tf?

• Am I the only one who was initially thrown off at first about Michonne's "They have a nuclear weapon" line? I was thinking to myself "Wait a minute, what the hell did she just say? Did I miss something?" Took me a second to figure out she was being metaphorical, that she was referring to the herd.

• Nope. :D

Am I the only one who was initially thrown off at first about Michonne's "They have a nuclear weapon" line? I was thinking to myself "Wait a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.