"We Are The End of the World" Episode Discussion

So the discussion thread for last week's episode was actually active; I was pleasantly surprised. Last week's episode was good too.

So here's this one, pretty sure this episode is a Whisperer bottle episode. As always, comment before, while, after or whenever you watch.

Comments

• One random comment: Beta's "Well, you're different" comment, after seeing Alpha first gut a walker, was hilarious.

• edited October 2019

I really enjoyed this episode! I like that despite Alpha's threats of leaving her behind and her general abuse she does legitimately care about about Lydia (like in the comics but done differently). Obviously that doesn't change the fact that she's still an absolute monster that needs to go, but it's a nice layer to her character. Also that death at the start was fuckin' brutal. I don't think the show's had something that gory in a long while, I think since the season 7 premiere.

Neat to see Beta get some backstory as well and get a hint at who he is underneath the mask.

Spoiler for the comics and possibly the series for those who care.

In the latest season of Fear, Ryan Hurst appears as a singer on a CD cover wearing a similar looking hat as in the picture with the scratched out faces. In the comics Beta turns out to be a famous basketball player/actor before the apocalypse. So it's possible that in this version he was a famous singer. Apparently this was confirmed on The Talking Dead show after the episode aired.

• edited October 2019

I literally watched this episode the Saturday just gone and I don’t even know how. Don’t tell my FBI agent. I like how they developed the Whisperers though and had an entire episode dedicated to them, just like what they did with the governor and Woodbury, plus we got a new character!

• Good episode. Whats that new girl's name? Gamma?

Melton23 posted: »

I literally watched this episode the Saturday just gone and I don’t even know how. Don’t tell my FBI agent. I like how they developed the Wh

• Yep, she's Gamma.

Good episode. Whats that new girl's name? Gamma?

• Ngl she low-key does look like she’s been picking up some gamma radiation

Good episode. Whats that new girl's name? Gamma?

• Fr tho this episode had me thinking back to S9x15 and I love Ezekiel and all...but it would have been extra heartbreaking if Henry was captured instead of killed, Ezekiel went out to look for him, he himself was captured but wasn’t so fortunate, and while we’re there waiting for the Henry reveal, it turned out to instead be Ezekiel. That would be so depressing 😢

Sign in to comment in this discussion.