Fables characters for wolf 2

Hi guys!! What characters you think should be brought into the second season of wolf among us? And which parts of fables comic you like most?

Comments

• The shoe-ins are, I think, Boy Blue, Rose and King Cole. Maybe Pinocchio too. All of them were already referenced directly or alluded to in the first season so it would be dumb not to put them in this one.

• That would be nice, how about north wind?!!

booper posted: »

The shoe-ins are, I think, Boy Blue, Rose and King Cole. Maybe Pinocchio too. All of them were already referenced directly or alluded to in the first season so it would be dumb not to put them in this one.

• edited November 2019

Boy Blue and King Cole are pretty much locks. Boy Blue needs to appear to fill in after Snow is promoted and it would be unrealistic for King Cole to still be gone.

I'd like to see Kay added, and Pinocchio would be interesting. Also Frau Totenkinder should make an appearance if they have another focus on glamour in the story. Cindy should also pop in.

• I think the bad guy in second season can be Mr. Dark as main criminal so that bigby should deal with cases related to this guy.

• I dont think Mr Dark can work at all. It would break the canon and just in general wouldnt work well for him to be the bad guy in a noir mystery.

I think the bad guy in second season can be Mr. Dark as main criminal so that bigby should deal with cases related to this guy.

• Yeah, no matter who will be, just making season 2 is enough!!

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont think Mr Dark can work at all. It would break the canon and just in general wouldnt work well for him to be the bad guy in a noir mystery.

• We don't know how far the original Wolf 2 was going to take place along the timeline though. If it takes place after Snow and Bigby hook up and the war is over, it would be a little weird if they didn't acknowledge Mr. Dark in at least some form.

I could see Nurse Spratt working in an antagonist role, that being said.

I dont think Mr Dark can work at all. It would break the canon and just in general wouldnt work well for him to be the bad guy in a noir mystery.

• Not setting the game in the 80s would be a big mistake and handicap the game off the bat.

We don't know how far the original Wolf 2 was going to take place along the timeline though. If it takes place after Snow and Bigby hook up

• Not necessarily. I think they could still do a lot with it if they set it in the very early 90s. There's always spillover from the previous decade going into a new one, and the 90s have their own unique identity as it is.

Not setting the game in the 80s would be a big mistake and handicap the game off the bat.

• 90s can work fine in all honesty. What Im mostly trying to say here is it will be a mistake to set the game in between the Fables comic timeline or directly after. It will get way more complicated that way and it would be way to restrictive to actually make a Wolf season 2 that wouldnt be completely different as it just wouldnt work well. Placing it after also wont work to well seeing how Fables ends, and again skips over a ton of stuff and people would be confused why x character is dead and stuff like that. Basically they should keep it as a sequel to Wolf 1, but still take places before the first Fables comic.

Not necessarily. I think they could still do a lot with it if they set it in the very early 90s. There's always spillover from the previous decade going into a new one, and the 90s have their own unique identity as it is.

• Mostly because the main stories of two fables comics are different from each other, like Literals, Jack of fables and wolf among us, they follow different stories. They can only bring characters from main fables comic and create different story and different timeline.

90s can work fine in all honesty. What Im mostly trying to say here is it will be a mistake to set the game in between the Fables comic time

• Assuming S2 is set during winter, I'd love Santa Claus to make a cameo at the very least.

• edited December 2019

With Bigby & Snow confirmed (yeah, absolutely no surprise there lol), following I'd probably say is my wishlist & thoughts about the characters in TWAU2 (and future sequels):

1. New characters that I'd like to see:

• Rose Red - season 1 gave brief reference about her from Snow with the photo, & the comics continuously portrays the ups & down in their relationship over the years, so it would be weird if she is left out.
    • Charming - With Rose Red in the mix, it would also be odd to leave out the character responsible for the Snow/Rose Red sisters starting drifting apart. His constant schemes (like early on in the comics) may provide interesting turns in the narrative, & it would be intriguing to have him sort of try to act as foil to Bigby-Snow relationship. (Thankfully, @HazzatheMan reminded me that it will contradict canon to have Charming in Fabletown since at this time "he would still be in Europe scrounging off their royalty." With that, I'm thinking Charming's appearance sort of like limited to one episode, where Bigby visits an area somewhere in Europe for some clues/information, & runs into him. This can be sort of like Bruce's Arkham Asylum episode where he meets John Doe in Batman Telltale season 1, I guess).
    • Boy Blue - like @Poogers555 said above, he needs to fill in as Snow's office gofer & clerk position now that she would be Deputy Mayor.
    • King Cole - In season 1, Snow's superior was Crane. So with King Cole being the only superior she answers to, it would make sense quite a bit of interaction with Snow be with Cole (and like Poogers also said, he was away during season 1, but it would make no sense for him to be gone this long).
    • Cinderella (aka Cindy) - she's basically had the second longest working relationship with Bigby (only behind Snow), being his off-the-record spy. And considering season 1 sort of teased her by having the Tweedle brothers having her file in their office, I think it would be a big opportunity lost if they don't bring her in, especially in the "outside Fabletown" parts of season 2.
    • Totenkinder - the 13th Floor witches were referenced by Snow in season 1. While having Aunty Greenleaf made sense because it was dealing with black market glamour, with this season dealing with something new, it would make most sense for the most powerful witch of Fabletown to be involved, especially matters dealing in magic.
    • Pinocchio - In the comics, Boy Blue, Flycatcher, Pinocchio are best friends & do almost everything together. So assuming they bring in Blue & also assuming Flycatcher returns this season, it would be remiss to not bringing him in.
    • Briar Rose - she would bring another interesting character dynamics (especially with Snow & Charming), & there's also an incident Bigby mentions in the comics that the game might possibly wish to adapt.
    • Trusty John - When I played season 1 for the very first time, I didn't notice it, but with every replay, I noticed that while the game had Grimble, the good-natured doorman of the Woodlands building was missing. While I guess it isn't essential, it would be nice to have him from season 2 onwards.

2. Characters that I'd like to see return:

• Bufkin - he had some of the funniest lines in season 1. He most likely will return, but since no other character other than Bigby & Snow are confirmed yet, is on this list
    • Beaty & the Beast - their parts weren't big, but I still really liked their characters & interaction with Bigby. Hoping they will return.
    • Bluebeard - the most arrogant prick of Fabletown, but boy I loved my Bigby cursing at him & giving him the middle finger in my playthroughs.
    • Flycatcher - his role was small in season 1, but it was still nice to see & talk to him. Also, he's must have for the Blue, Fly, Pinocchio trio scenes.
    • Jack Horner - never liked him in the comics, and probably never will, but he sure was a good human punching bag! muhahaha
    • Grimble - he has no lines, but seeing him nodding off to sleep was still a nice nod to the comics.

3. Characters that I like, but have my doubts on returning:

• Toad & Toad Jr - since they're at the Farm, doubt they'll return unless the Farm is visited (without breaking the canon)
    • Holly & Gren - their involvement was due to Lily & the Crooked Man's storyline. With both their storyline having concluded by end of season 1, I'm not sure their involvement is further required.

4. New characters that I doubt will appear:

• Weyland Smith & Goldilocks - both characters primarily reside at the Farm, so same reasoning as Toad & Toad Jr.

5. Characters that shouldn't be in the game because either they will break the canon, or are far too overpowered:

• Mr Dark & North Wind - both characters' first appearance was in the comic (North Wind being "The Long Year" arc, and Mr Dark being "The Dark Ages" arc), therefore their appearance in the game would contradict the comics (hence, breaking canon). Also, they are far too over-powered (their powers being basically god-level).

In addition, "The Tourists" (Mowgli, Feathertop, & the Woodsman) would be categorized in new characters I'd like to see (okay, not Woodsman, he'd be in returning since he was in TWAU1 lol).

• Considering the fact that in the trailer Snow asked Bigby to be monster again, there would be an enemy much stronger like mr.dark.
    I'm not sure who will be that enemy but i guess someone like geppetto will gather some forces to move up against fabletown.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

With Bigby & Snow confirmed (yeah, absolutely no surprise there lol), following I'd probably say is my wishlist & thoughts about the

• Its still a prequel so no Mr Dark.

also its worth noting this teaser probably has nothing actually story related. Its just a teaser for an announcement. Even the way its worded is to give off this "We need you to come back again" type of vibe, which probably has no real story relevance and is more so the highlight how the wolf among us is "coming back again." Snow saying all that stuff about being a monster is just to emphases its going to be another brutal mystery. I mean also story wise why would Bigby need to be "brought back in" and all that he never even left, the dialogue is all just for trailer reveal.

The only things in this that are story related is its set in the winter. It is also possible they plan on starting the story about a missing person as thats what Snow is holding and they probably want to shake it up instead of just another dead body and change to it starts as a missing persons report, but even then its 100% possible that also has 0 story significance.

tldr; Dont look too deep into the trailer for what Wolf 2's story actually will be.

Considering the fact that in the trailer Snow asked Bigby to be monster again, there would be an enemy much stronger like mr.dark. I'm not

• edited December 2019

Yeah, we should probably wait until they reveal the complete trailer.

Its still a prequel so no Mr Dark. also its worth noting this teaser probably has nothing actually story related. Its just a teaser for a

• Looking back at the trailer, perhaps it's just me but when Snow says "for them" it sort of gives the impression "them" is meant to be us, all the Wolf fans out there, & Bigby replies with "Always." it also gives the impression Bigby is answering not just Snow's question, but also fans' questions of "Will you come back to us, Wolf?" (Bigby, Snow, are you two trying to break the 4th wall? :D )

Snow seems to be holding is a file. So many things can come to mind, but until an actual plot based trailer arrives, that can anything (something, or even nothing at all).

Also, I think you're right about the trailer having zero story significance. Sure, perhaps a crime has been committed that is so heinous, but even if that were the case, I think Snow will tell Bigby to bring the criminal in to face justice (i.e. go by the book), and not ask him to turn back into the monster.

But who knows.

Its still a prequel so no Mr Dark. also its worth noting this teaser probably has nothing actually story related. Its just a teaser for a

• edited December 2019

As Poogers and I said above, it's prequel to the comics, so inclusion of Mr.Dark would pretty much break the canon.

And I really don't want the enemy to be overpowered - and that is basically the definition for Mr. Dark (actually too overpowered if I'm being honest), because he is pretty much god-level. Only very few characters can match up to Dark's powers, & they are limited to "The 4 Winds" (North, East, South, West). "Hope", & "Santa Claus." (Santa was confirmed by Fables creator/writer Bill Willingham in the Fables Encyclopedia).

I love Bigby, and he'll always be my favorite character in the Fable universe (and one of my favorite comic/video game characters of all time), but despite that in terms of power, he is nowhere near the match for the god-level characters, not even close (even at his true giant "Big Bad Wolf form, the god-level characters would just throw him around & destroy him without breaking a sweat).

With the term "monster", Bigby is referred to that by many normal Fables because to them, he's considered to be pretty much at the top of the pyramid, but that's relative.

Here's how I would see the ranking:

• GOD TIER (too overpowered) = North Wind, East Wind, South Wind, West Wind, Mr Dark, Hope, Santa Claus

• ENHANCED TIER (very overpowered) = Prince Brandish (hate this prick, but unfortunately have to admit he's overpowered as hell, though I guess not at God-level)

• NORMAL TIER (Fables as they are, without any artificial enhancements like Brandish)= Bigby (at the very top of this tier)

Any new stuff which contradicts the above, will basically break the canon established by the comics I think.

I'd say for the antagonist (in terms of being physical type, not the scheming or calculating type like the Crooked Man), it would probably be best to have someone that matches Bigby, or perhaps slightly stronger.

Considering the fact that in the trailer Snow asked Bigby to be monster again, there would be an enemy much stronger like mr.dark. I'm not

• Id really like Prince Charming to appear but I have no idea how they'd do it. iirc Charming 100% never came to Fabletown until Issue 1 of the comics not even to visit for a little bit which kinda sucks as Charming would be a great addition to the Wolf cast.

• edited December 2019

Yeah, especially Charming as a new detective to solve mysterious murder and helping bigby. Then he says they should do things without rage and violence but bigby says the opposite. After that Snow should decide which method they're going to use and which one should be her partner!!

Id really like Prince Charming to appear but I have no idea how they'd do it. iirc Charming 100% never came to Fabletown until Issue 1 of th

• Charming's role if he appeared would most likely consist of him trying to get involved with everyone's drama not so much about him teaming up with Bigby and wanting to be violent.

Yeah, especially Charming as a new detective to solve mysterious murder and helping bigby. Then he says they should do things without rage a

• That's the same response @HazzatheMan had on my previous comment above. One workaround I suppose can work, is to have Bigby go to where Charming is (Europe), instead of having Charming visit Fabletown (which would break comics canon to some extent).

Perhaps the information about the main antagonist of season 2 is scarce even in Fabletown's Business Office Archives, that Bigby is forced to venture out of Fabletown to Europe to gather information, & somehow runs into Charming in the area (it would fit, if what Telltale CEO's statement saying "parts of the season will be outside Fabletown" is true)?

Would love to see Bigby accompanied by Cindy & Snow if that were to happen (Cindy, because due to being a spy, rarely operates in Fabletown, & I've always found Bigby & Cindy's dynamic/banter great in the comics, & as for Snow, well her hatred/indifference for Charming & Charming trying to get under Snow's good graces while annoying Bigby in the process could be another interesting dynamic that they could possibly explore. Plus. it could add to Cindy's monologue scene from Cinderella spin-off comic "Cinderella - Fables are Forever").

But I guess this is only possible when we assume Charming is even on the table (in terms of narrative) for the new Telltale. For all we know, he could very much not be as well (shrugs).

Id really like Prince Charming to appear but I have no idea how they'd do it. iirc Charming 100% never came to Fabletown until Issue 1 of th

• I just remembered another character I'd like to see: Winter Wolf, Bigby's mom. Yeah, she's dead, but that's what flashbacks are for. For being such an important character in Bigby's development, we know almost nothing about her. She had an entry in the Book of Fables in the first game, so hopefully we'll be able to learn more about her through Bigby's memories this time around.

• edited December 2019

Winter's death was one of the most defining moments in Bigby's life & shaped him to grow as the big bad wolf to be feared all around.
    But with that said, Bigby's time with her was very limited (since she died when he was a cub), so I don't really think any flashback about her will be anything more than a straight up (very short) fan-service. If they try to go further than that & add new info/backstory about her which isn't already in the comics (and in the comics, there really isn't any. She's just a normal wolf who fell in love with North Wind, got her heart broken by him & had Bigby and his brothers), I think they run into a good chance of breaking canon.

I just remembered another character I'd like to see: Winter Wolf, Bigby's mom. Yeah, she's dead, but that's what flashbacks are for. For bei

Sign in to comment in this discussion.