LCG/Telltales first new game has been leaked... SPOILERS INSIDE. (UPDATE: DEC 2ND: 3rd Game found?)

2»

Comments

• okay, gamer time.

Poogers555 posted: »

uhhhhh- gamers?

• Noir means “mystery,” to say it in one word. Not “black”

MintBlue92 posted: »

Batman Noir. Noir means black, and Batman does wear a black suit. Batman Black sounds stupid, so they call it Batman Noir.

• Explain, what am I looking at?

uhhhhh- gamers?

• a confession about my last post

• I hate you for getting my hopes up

a confession about my last post

• Don't count your chickens just yet.

uhhhhh- gamers?

• See I had a feeling this guna be a troll lol

• I can't believe you've done this.

• edited December 2019

NOBODY PANIC. JUST... WAIT.

JUST... OMGGG IT MIGHT BE OUR TIME MY DUDES
    EDIT: Shoot I hadn't realised I was only on page 1 of 2.

POOGS WHY

• Its over... isnt gamers... Joe Swanson fuckin won.

• y u do this

• This is why he never got those socks.

Pipas posted: »

y u do this

• UPDATE: ANOTHER BUILD OF BATMAN SEASON 2 HAS BEEN ADDED TO STEAMDB

Batman Noir: The Enemy Within

At this point I’m guessing each season is getting a remake or they’re removing all the Telltale branding and remarketing it as Batman: Noir.

• Maybe they're rebranding themselves and dropping Telltale from their name?

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

UPDATE: ANOTHER BUILD OF BATMAN SEASON 2 HAS BEEN ADDED TO STEAMDB Batman Noir: The Enemy Within At this point I’m guessing each season is getting a remake or they’re removing all the Telltale branding and remarketing it as Batman: Noir.

• That would be a wise thing to start with.

booper posted: »

Maybe they're rebranding themselves and dropping Telltale from their name?

• edited December 2019

Noir is probably whatever gimmick they are adding to justify a repurchase. Sadly the only thing I can really think that being is a filter. Seeing how it was "Telltale Shadows Edition" it doesnt seem they are removing Telltale branding. Each "noir" is most likely a build of each game with the new gimmick, and then both will be put together for one release on the shadows edition.

UPDATE: ANOTHER BUILD OF BATMAN SEASON 2 HAS BEEN ADDED TO STEAMDB Batman Noir: The Enemy Within At this point I’m guessing each season is getting a remake or they’re removing all the Telltale branding and remarketing it as Batman: Noir.

• Cmon Wolf Steam Database

• edited December 2019

Going by common sense, and if we're going to believe the reddit leaker is legit, they've barely started work on it, so they're not at a point where they'd be messing with the Steam DB if they would at all.

iirc Wolf 2 only got far enough in production to have a season outline completed and MAYBE some of the first episode's script. If LCG inherited everything old Telltale finished, they're basically starting with almost nothing. If it ends up using the same build as the first game, we're not going to see changes to the database for a long time, probably close to release.

Cmon Wolf Steam Database

• Reddit leaker was hard deconfirmed. He used a Steam Workshop model for Team Fortress 2.

Going by common sense, and if we're going to believe the reddit leaker is legit, they've barely started work on it, so they're not at a poin

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Wolf season 2 will have its own Steam database page as it will be a separate game.

Like with most other games that page will be hidden until it appears on the Steam store so nobody can cheat by looking at the Wolf season 1 page 😉.

Cmon Wolf Steam Database

• You gotta be kidding me!!

uhhhhh- gamers?

• Let us believe mister :triumph:

Reddit leaker was hard deconfirmed. He used a Steam Workshop model for Team Fortress 2.

• I doubt that Reddit post is real, if it somehow turns how to be real Ill be shocked. Like many said the King Cole model seems to be the hard deconfirm.

Also this post is mostly a joke as it would mean Wolf 2 is running on the Telltale Tool which I doubt is happening. However it is a bit weird how Wolf 2 was getting constantly updated for such a long time while nothing was happening with Batman until now.

Going by common sense, and if we're going to believe the reddit leaker is legit, they've barely started work on it, so they're not at a poin

• I thought it was only getting updated with price changes because it keeps going on sale?

idk, without knowing anything about what the company is doing right now, it's pretty much baseless speculation. This is another thing they really need to work on going forward. Lack of communication with the fanbase and lack of a social media presence isn't helping their case.

I doubt that Reddit post is real, if it somehow turns how to be real Ill be shocked. Like many said the King Cole model seems to be the hard

• Lack of communication with the fanbase and lack of a social media presence isn't helping their case.

To play Devil's Advocate, they are in their super early days and they are probably more focused on setting up camp than anything. Since they aren't yet publicly discussing their plans, I wouldn't see the point in them having extensive community outreach until they have plans that are publicly announced and an actual income stream.

They probably don't have too much income yet and are likely focusing more on the essentials, in other words.

I thought it was only getting updated with price changes because it keeps going on sale? idk, without knowing anything about what the com

• If they're going this route, a rebranding + setting up, it may take more than we ever thought to get anything new from them, long story short wolf 2 most definitely won't come next year nuff said.

Lack of communication with the fanbase and lack of a social media presence isn't helping their case. To play Devil's Advocate, they

• small bump, nothing huge but worth noting

Both seasons of Batman received some private encrypted updates to their builds this morning.
    https://steamdb.info/app/498240/history/
    https://steamdb.info/app/675260/history/

• strongly agree with this guy, Jamie Otillie said (or at least VERY strongly implied) that he would prefer to release all episodes at once moving forward, and this comment was likely referring to Wolf 2.

Wolf 2 is Q2 2021 at the absolute earliest, more likely Q4.

If they're going this route, a rebranding + setting up, it may take more than we ever thought to get anything new from them, long story short wolf 2 most definitely won't come next year nuff said.

• If New Telltale's new Batman re-release thing is the only Batman-related product announced at The Game Awards (or at least it shows up first), the Rocksteady fans -- Batman: Arkham series fans will be pissed. :lol: A tease from WB Montreal in Sept... Rumors of an announcement at TGAs, and then this appears. That would be very underwhelming.
    Like... "Hey! a new Batman game! Finally! It's... Oh. Telltale. Not Arkham."

• Just in general its going to be a mess to be honest. I would say its unlikely that the new Arkham game wont be announced at the VGAs and same goes for this Telltale collection. Telltale collection is going to get overshadowed hard af their only real hope is if they release it the next day.

AChicken posted: »

If New Telltale's new Batman re-release thing is the only Batman-related product announced at The Game Awards (or at least it shows up first

• I'd say it's very likely it will be. I've been following the Steam DB pages for both seasons all week; they've been getting updates every day, which leads me to believe Telltale is trying to rush this thing out in time for the Game Awards.

Just in general its going to be a mess to be honest. I would say its unlikely that the new Arkham game wont be announced at the VGAs and sam

• edited December 2019

Geoff Keighly says that there'll be "around 10" games revealed this year at the Game Awards. Here's hoping Telltale's on that list.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-game-awards-announcements?amp

Y'know part of me still doubts that Telltale would appear at TGA this year.
    I think of it this way: Telltale's rebooted. They're starting anew. The team is smaller, they've got 2 new (apparently well-respected and experienced) business heads (whom I've never heard of tho). And... somehow we're supposed to believe that they can just call up Geoff and say "hey, we want to be at the Game Awards."
    Their credibility and reputation as a great games developer lies in the current team, one that hasn't proved this since they reopened their doors a few months ago, plus with the added uneasiness towards how the previous iteration of TTG handled the company, the quality of games and distaste in how they handled the liquidation and bankruptcy of their company.

Which is why I feel like we might just get this new Telltale announcement as an individual, self-published announcement.

• edited December 2019

This is what I've been saying from the get-go. The only reason I think they might be there is because of timing; they said they'd make an announcement by the end of the year, we're literally in the last few weeks of the year and they still haven't said a single word, and the last huge gaming event of the year is literally happening in less than a week. If it was a self-published announcement, they're cutting it awfully (and pointlessly) close, and from a PR standpoint, it would make sense for them to wait until TGAs so they can have the biggest platform available for their announcement.

At the same time, their reputation is totally wrecked with people still thinking the company's dead or that the new heads have shady intentions, and they have nothing to their name except a few old licenses. I'm practically co-driving the GIVE US WOLF 2 hype train with Poogers, that's how badly I want this stupid fucking game, but I have a hard time believing that in the three and a half months they've been alive they would have been able to 1) reestablish themselves as honest employers barely a full year after an industry-shaking scandal, enough to attract new employees to fill out a dev team, 2) gather the funds necessary to start pre-production, and 3) find the time and put together the talent to make a teaser trailer, even a simple one, that they could show off for TGAs.

tbh I think people are just that desperate for Wolf 2 or any new project that isn't a rehash that we've gotten carried away and have confused wishful thinking for realism. I really, really hope I'm wrong though.

Geoff Keighly says that there'll be "around 10" games revealed this year at the Game Awards. Here's hoping Telltale's on that list. https

• It would be a great surprise but its completely unrealistic. These guys still barely even have their foot in the door and it would simply be too early to bring back a corpse live on stage to millions of viewers around the world. If they have something to show it will be on their own time. Maybe in the same range. Their next project is supposed to be announced by the end of the year and well...its december. I wouldn't be shocked if they don't reach that deadline.

Geoff Keighly says that there'll be "around 10" games revealed this year at the Game Awards. Here's hoping Telltale's on that list. https

• Hellz to the yeahzzz.

• https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/e9jmgo/batman_shadows_edition_and_the_wolf_among_us_2/?st=k42vv4ks&sh=5c45fc81

This was just posted on reddit. Batman Shadow Edition will apparently have cosmetics and options to customize Bruce's appearance. There will also be a 30 second trailer for Wolf 2 shown after the reveal.

The pic the person posted looks consistent with the description of the trailer the reddit leaker from a few weeks ago gave; he also mentioned Wolf 2 would also give players the option to customize Bigby's appearance, which Shadow Edition seems to have. I think this one's starting to look legit yall.

• It's also French for the word black.

Noir means “mystery,” to say it in one word. Not “black”

Sign in to comment in this discussion.