Star Wars Episode 9: Rise of Skywalker DISCUSSION (Was the new trilogy worth it?)

13»

Comments

• At least now we got the Clone Wars back

DabigRG posted: »

I finally went to see this yesterday after several intentions of going with my brother as tradition fell through and I had nothing to do tod

• Yeah, I saw that second trailer pop into my notifications.
    Wonder where it'll go this time or if this movie basically necessitated something.

At least now we got the Clone Wars back

• When there are continuity errors in TCW S7 Trailer

• edited February 2020

The whole trilogy has been quite a bizarre experience, was the new trilogy worth it?

My answer:

I don't know

I will say, The Force Awakens is probably my favorite and best from this new trilogy, honestly. I prefer that movie over TROS.

Edit: on the second viewing of TRoS, it was even better and I like the movie a lot more, better than TLJ, although that's not too hard.

• been sitting on it for a bit and yeah the rise of skywalker is my least favorite star wars movie. it just gets worse and worse every time i think about it.

• (Re)watch The Force Awakens or the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy, it'll make you feel better

been sitting on it for a bit and yeah the rise of skywalker is my least favorite star wars movie. it just gets worse and worse every time i think about it.

• If you refer to Padme and Anakin scene (it's the only one I can think of), it probably takes place during episode 3. Dave Filoni went to great lengths to not make any continuity errors, I don't see why he would make a mistake, especially as glaring as that one, now.

When there are continuity errors in TCW S7 Trailer

• Like what?

When there are continuity errors in TCW S7 Trailer

• The Padme and Anakin scene.

Like what?

• Dog its a hologram. Matter phases through it. That wouldn't be in the trailer if it was a continuity error

The Padme and Anakin scene.

• oh, sorry. :/

Dog its a hologram. Matter phases through it. That wouldn't be in the trailer if it was a continuity error

• you know i actually did rewatch revenge of the sith, the force awakens and the last jedi back to back recently, and while im still angry about TROS, it's only helped me realize how much i love THOSE movies and i appreciate them even more now.

although i guess jj's thing has always been reminding you of things you like more than his work, for better or worse.

(Re)watch The Force Awakens or the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy, it'll make you feel better

• Star Wars movies need to age like a fine wine. Everyone absolutely abhorred the prequels. But recently people don't mind them as much. I think one of those reasons is time and the politics. We didn't underatand them as kids. As adults, we realize Palpatine's genius in the prequels. As well as the fact the prequels had good moments and characters and they will be viewed more fondly. I think TLJ and ROS will be similar in this regard. New Star Wars films will be released along with Mandalorian and Clone Wars. A decade from now, I'm positive TLJ and ROS will be seen as "Not that bad."

you know i actually did rewatch revenge of the sith, the force awakens and the last jedi back to back recently, and while im still angry abo

• I think TLJ and ROS will be similar in this regard. New Star Wars films will be released along with Mandalorian and Clone Wars. A decade from now, I'm positive TLJ and ROS will be seen as "Not that bad."

No they won't,and the only reason the prequels gets any love these days is because of the clone wars tv show,without it the prequels would still get as much hate as they did back then when they first came out.

Star Wars movies need to age like a fine wine. Everyone absolutely abhorred the prequels. But recently people don't mind them as much. I thi

• edited January 2020

the only reason the prequels gets any love these days is because of the clone wars tv show,without it the prequels would still get as much hate as they did back then when they first came out.

You're absolutely right, I've seen a few say "The Clone Wars made me appreciate the prequels a lot more" although, some people did liked the prequels before Clone Wars

iFoRias posted: »

I think TLJ and ROS will be similar in this regard. New Star Wars films will be released along with Mandalorian and Clone Wars. A decade fro

• edited January 2020

I heard that JJ is bad at ending movies?

you know i actually did rewatch revenge of the sith, the force awakens and the last jedi back to back recently, and while im still angry abo

• Sequel trilogy is just fan fiction with a Disney budget.

Decent popcorn but bad aftertaste is how I'd describe it.

• Sequel trilogy is just fan fiction with a Disney budget.

...Yeah, that's probably an accurate description.

I love how Star Wars got a revival from Disney, and we've got all this new-fangled mid-2010's CGI technology to really bring to life the iconic world and lore of Star Wars.
    God, seeing the TIE Fighters "EEEEeeeAAaaaahhhhh" around the place is awesome.

But the story -- in hindsight -- could have greatly been improved. If one person had worked on all 3, then that would have at least made things cohesive and flow into each other a bit better. Also if TROS hadn't decided to retcon almost all of TLJ. Some of that stuff was... interesting. pleasedontkillme

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Sequel trilogy is just fan fiction with a Disney budget. Decent popcorn but bad aftertaste is how I'd describe it.

• The sequel trilogy is like if you went back to your childhood home and it looked almost exactly like it did when you were younger but things are slightly out of place or a slightly different shade of color

They had interesting ideas that weren't done enough justice.

AChicken posted: »

Sequel trilogy is just fan fiction with a Disney budget. ...Yeah, that's probably an accurate description. I love how Star Wars g

• edited January 2020

Also how is this Rey actor at Disney Land a more believable Rey than Daisy Ridley?

• Are you saying Daisy Ridley sucks?

Also how is this Rey actor at Disney Land a more believable Rey than Daisy Ridley?

• Not exactly she's a good actress and plays Rey well

I feel like maybe casting someone a bit more wide eyed like Luke would've given Rey more charisma.

Are you saying Daisy Ridley sucks?

• I see.

Not exactly she's a good actress and plays Rey well I feel like maybe casting someone a bit more wide eyed like Luke would've given Rey more charisma.

• edited February 2020

It’s confirmed to take place during episode 3 so it isn’t an error. That’s why they made Anakin’s hair longer.

Spoiler kind of maybe? Confirmed information and all but just in case you wanna be completely blind aside from the trailers

We’re also going to see order 66, so there’s more proof that it’ll be during ROTS

The Padme and Anakin scene.

• I mean I used to love the prequels more as a kid because it was my generation’s triology. Now I prefer the originals, then the sequels and then finally the prequels, seeing as I love all of the originals, I love all of the sequels, but I only really love on prequel, the other 2 are just kewl.

Star Wars movies need to age like a fine wine. Everyone absolutely abhorred the prequels. But recently people don't mind them as much. I thi

• edited February 2020

Does anyone miss the days before the release of The Force Awakens and after?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.