XB1 GwG Batman: The Telltale Series - The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) won't recognize DLC

The game tells me I have purchased but not downloaded episodes 2 - 5, when I have in fact downloaded them. I see separately a DLC called "batman-the-telltale-series-episode-2-children-of-arkham-disc". I figured that was only for disc but downloaded it and voila, the game said I have episode 2 installed.

I noticed then in Manage section of XB1 that Batman links two two different entries. One is simply called "Batman" and the other is called "Batman: The Telltale Series - The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)." The first is where 'episode 2 - disc' is saved. The second is where episodes 2-5 are saved. I delete the first one, but it reappears when I launch the game.

Any idea how to resolve?

Here are pictures of the two entries: https://imgur.com/a/expNu1m

You might notice that I don't have the 10MB Season Pass installed in the second picture above. I tried with and without that file installed and get the same result.

Thanks

Comments

• edited January 2020

Here is what resolved it finally for me!

1. I uninstalled both the "Batman" entry and the "Batman: The Telltale Series - The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)" entry plus all associated DLC in my XB1.
    2. I cleared the cache with these directions.
    3. I hid the "Batman" entry on my XB1. (I did not have to hide the "Batman: The Telltale Series - The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)" entry because it was only accessible via the Marketplace.)
    4. On my PC, I went to the URL https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/batman-the-telltale-series-the-complete-season-episodes-1-5/bq2zz6wtzzjz?ranMID=24542&ranEAID=FKSJxY2VJAk&ranSiteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-njB_FRQek67Seq73djMxPw&epi=FKSJxY2VJAk-njB_FRQek67Seq73djMxPw&irgwc=1&OCID=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&tduid=(ir__0gpyxphqxckftihokk0sohzg232xljvent2gv3oc00)(7593)(1243925)(FKSJxY2VJAk-njB_FRQek67Seq73djMxPw)()&irclickid=_0gpyxphqxckftihokk0sohzg232xljvent2gv3oc00&activetab=pivot:overviewtab and saw "You can play Batman: The Telltale Series - The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) with your Xbox Live Gold, or buy it to own."
    5. I pressed "Install on my devices" and saw it installing on my XB1.
    6. The link installed the six items (e1 - e5 and season pass) under the "Batman" entry and the "Batman: The Telltale Series - The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)" entry. Odd but okay.
    7. I fired up the game, and it shows every episode as installed and playable!
  • edited March 2020

It appears this might fix it for me. I appreciate the help.
    I've been so confused since it listed ep 2 as free, but I couldn't download the rest as well.

Then when I went to the link the wording for the download is so confusing cause it makes it sound like I'm just re-downloading the first ep again.

"You own Batman - The Telltale Series - Episode 1: Realm of Shadows, included in this bundle."

That's very confusing wording to me.

*Update: Didn't fix it. So this is annoying still. Cause this is what it looks like when I look at the episodes.
    https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/a55d936a-032f-4758-b6ec-2788159f35ef?upload=true

n64ra2 posted: »

Here is what resolved it finally for me! * I uninstalled both the "Batman" entry and the "Batman: The Telltale Series - The Complete Se

• TellTale support helped me out in the end when I sent in my info.
    Thank you though for sharing this for those it might help.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.