The Future Of The Dragon Ball Series

Basically, this is a thread where we can discuss anything about the latest dragon ball news. Have fun!

Comments

• edited January 2020

The worst dragon ball experience was definitely Dragon Ball Z Kai I mean seriously they cut out all the good stuff like one Freiza will put an example on his henchmen or when Vegeta killed Jeice or any of Frieza's soldiers , CW4Kids went off the deep end removing that content .

But enough on my rants for now here’s a hit single from our one and only....

Ghost Nappa

• The worst dragon ball experience was definitely Dragon Ball Z Kai

Yeah, I half liked Kai. Honestly, it was better than GT. but I still like GT.

I mean seriously they cut out all the good stuff EX: freezer will put an example on his henchmen or when Vegeta killed dice or any of Frieza's soldiers.

By good stuff do you mean filler, or the censors to make DB kid-friendly to get those numbers in?

CW4Kids went off the deep end removing that content.

Honestly, I don't think channels like CBW, Nickelodeon, and NBC Kids should've picked up Dragon Ball. It wasn't ever really meant for kids at all, the show is about Japanese people who are so muscular they might be on steroids fighting various space nazis. Not only that but the original Dragon Ball is wayyyyy too sexual and raunchy for younger audiences. Honestly, Dragon Ball should've been exclusively on Toonami/Adult swim. It pulled in bigger numbers, and it is uncut, unlike the toonzai cut which us DB fans despise will all the hatred in our hearts.

The worst dragon ball experience was definitely Dragon Ball Z Kai I mean seriously they cut out all the good stuff like one Freiza will put

• Thriller , I apologize apparently Siri can’t listen to me for anything I normally talk into a microphone then I do typing because when I type I will sometimes forget what I’m about to say .

Sometimes.

The worst dragon ball experience was definitely Dragon Ball Z Kai Yeah, I half liked Kai. Honestly, it was better than GT. but I sti

• edited January 2020

Kids WB38 was better when I was a kid ,they never showed dragon ball Z but at least it wasn’t bad at CW4 Kids was.

The worst dragon ball experience was definitely Dragon Ball Z Kai Yeah, I half liked Kai. Honestly, it was better than GT. but I sti

• Yeah, original Z didn't have it AS bad as kai did.

Kids WB38 was better when I was a kid ,they never showed dragon ball Z but at least it wasn’t bad at CW4 Kids was.

• edited January 2020

At least Dragon Ball Z Resurrection F wasn’t bad , two of my favorites was Resurrection F and The Tree of Might but when it comes to the (Tree of Might) I prefer the (Ocean Dub) version Guy that played as Turles his voice acting was so menacingly sinister and the way he got owned by Goku with the Spirit bomb was just so satisfying to watch.😈

• Dragon Ball : Evolution , made me loose Brain cells I mean looking at the God awful film back in 09 it was stupidity at its finest Looking at what they did with Piccolo With no antennas and the Oozaru was behind planet of the apes material from the 1968 my High School mate would argue that it’s the budget which by far I could’ve cared less...Hell if (Michael Bay ) was doing this project instead of (James Wong) which turned into a unforgivable cash grab abomination the fans would’ve been pleased.

Another one is Why isn’t Master Roshi old in this film!!??...and as for Bulma sorry but those ridiculous blue highlights don’t cut the cheese and why dose Yum Cha have Blond hair!!??...the guy looks like he should’ve casted in Tokyo Drift as a 3rd antagonist compared to DK .

Yeah, original Z didn't have it AS bad as kai did.

• I sent toei a email about the ocean dub of Dragon Ball Z: Kai... Wish me luck

• I wanna see Turles and Janemba become canon.

• imo i think kai gets a lot of unjust hate. partly because people's primary exposure to Z was through the anime instead of the manga, and partly because the only version of kai most people have seen is the one that aired on nicktoons as opposed to the uncensored original uncut kai. (also the cw4kids dub is an edited down version of the original english funimation dub, it is not kai, that's just a misconception.)

kai's original intent was to recut DBZ and take out all the filler and unneccesary fluff, shorten the original series padding so the fights flow together better, and remaster and retouch some iffy bits of animation. the goal was to make it as close to the original manga as possible. and while kai has worse music overall and cuts out some neat things from the original anime run, i think it is the definitive way to watch Z.

The worst dragon ball experience was definitely Dragon Ball Z Kai I mean seriously they cut out all the good stuff like one Freiza will put

• unlike the toonzai cut which us DB fans despise will all the hatred in our hearts.

toonzai is the ocean dub right? i kinda love the ocean dub tbh. i think it's definitely different but peter kalamis as goku is a perfect fit. despite some of the other casting choices being iffy

• Yeah I think Kai is pretty decent. People always say watch Z instead of Kai but Z has a lot of considerable problems that Kai fixes, so I recommend that instead.

imo i think kai gets a lot of unjust hate. partly because people's primary exposure to Z was through the anime instead of the manga, and par

• Don’t forget Cooler.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I wanna see Turles and Janemba become canon.

• That’s why I preferred (Toonami) ,I would stay up during school nights when Is was 8 or less too watch the good stuff gotta give thanks my sister for getting me hocked on those shows she introduced me to (Sailor Moon) first though and Gundam and Gunam :Wing.

imo i think kai gets a lot of unjust hate. partly because people's primary exposure to Z was through the anime instead of the manga, and par

• imo I think kai gets a lot of unjust hate. partly because people's primary exposure to Z was through the anime instead of the manga.

I'm a fucking weeb, I was exposed to the manga... before the anime. lol

• edited February 2020

Just saw Dragon Ball Super-Broly on Youtube and I got to say but movie is ok...The only thing that kind of bothered me was the beginning of the film on the whole planet Vegeta got destroyed not to mention Bardock why is he not in his original armor vest like in the last Dragon Ball Z The only thing that kind of bothered me was the beginning of the film on the whole planet Vegeta got destroyed not to mention Bardock why is he not in his original armor vest like in the last dragon ball Z year : Bardock Father Of Goku!!??

I mean planet Vegeta got destroyed when all the Saiyans revolted against Frieza and resulted to the complete and total annihilation of the Saiayn race and shy is Vegeta ,Broly and Goku all in chambers!!??

Vegeta is older then both of them and Goku and Broly are both the same age this is a contradictory right here ...and the near at end criticism I could point out but other than that I still enjoyed the movie in the intense fight scenes .

I guess you can say I give it 3 1/2 stars .

Sign in to comment in this discussion.