New game sales and price predictions

Guys, what would be the price of TWAU 2 and how many sales you think it's gonna have? Share your thoughts.

Comments

• Time will tell, but I feel like they should probably raise their price in all honesty. Just release it all at once for a fix price of around 40-50 dollars. Assuming its a good innovation over old Telltale games the price would be justified imo (probably a big reason for why Telltale didnt make that much money despite some of their games going into the millions was simply due to the fact their games were super cheap)

• I forgot. Did they confirm that it would be released all at once rather than episodically?

Honestly I doubt they'll change the pricing all that much from the previous games. It'll probably be like $30.

(probably a big reason for why Telltale didnt make that much money despite some of their games going into the millions was simply due to the fact their games were super cheap)

Them rewriting their projects over and over again probably didn't help either.

Poogers555 posted: »

Time will tell, but I feel like they should probably raise their price in all honesty. Just release it all at once for a fix price of around

• I forgot. Did they confirm that it would be released all at once rather than episodically?

No, they've only confirmed that they'll have all episodes finished before release, they're still thinking on what they think would be the best way to release it.

lupinb0y posted: »

I forgot. Did they confirm that it would be released all at once rather than episodically? Honestly I doubt they'll change the pricing al

• edited February 2020

They havent decided if they will release episodically. They will keep the episode format, but they confirmed that the game will be 100% finished before they release episode 1, from there they have not decided if they will spread out episode releases or to just drop it all at once.

(Personally I think they should release it all at once. Id really miss being able to talk about "whats gonna happen next" but business wise, its probably just smarter to drop it all. If they do episodic, they should only do 1 week wait times at a max because they need to keep a momentum and most players I feel would be comfortable with waiting 1 week between episodes as then its basically just waiting for a TV episode.)

If its all done at once and finished from the start, it does mean the story will all be finalized from start to finish, meaning the devs would know whats happening and thus have much better choices and consequences. Better choices plus being on Unreal and hopefully bringing some more innovative gameplay with Unreal could easily get people to feel justified in a 40 dollar purchase I feel. Im sure overall constant live-rewriting development hurt Telltale financially, but overall 5 dollars per episode isnt that profitable when you look how much is actually in an episode. I know a lot of people judge episodes in terms of length and apply it to dev time, but 5 dollars for a 2 hour episode with multiple branches of dialogue trees environments and other determinant features adds up once it comes to production. Assuming Wolf 2 is a much more innovative game compared to past Telltale games, they should try and aim for a 40 dollar purchase.

lupinb0y posted: »

I forgot. Did they confirm that it would be released all at once rather than episodically? Honestly I doubt they'll change the pricing al

• You're right, I think another reason for not making much money was they made games through many platforms and was also cheap. It was enough PC and PS or Xbox.

Time will tell, but I feel like they should probably raise their price in all honesty. Just release it all at once for a fix price of around

• um? if i had to guess, the normal edition would be 30 bucks, the deluxe 40 bucks and the gold edition 100 bucks. but thats just an estimate.

• The $40 or £35 price-range would work, preferably with additional digital extras and more "game" in it, with ~10 hour story.

• Like Poogers555 said, time will have to tell.

I'd kind of like them to go all in and not only give us a good game but some good merchandise too! Official TWAU merchandise would sell like CRAZY! Like maybe they can do a deluxe version where they have TWAU and Fable themed goodies. (Like they did with TWD, but please make it better than that! We don't want a Statue of Bigby looking like he is taking an acid trip!) So, I'd like the price to be based on the demand for the game, and of course what it includes.

So if I were in charge, I'd price them like this:

Standard Edition: $35.99, Deluxe Editon: $75.99

• Deluxe Editon: $75.99

cries in canadian dollar

Like Poogers555 said, time will have to tell. I'd kind of like them to go all in and not only give us a good game but some good merchandi

• If it's the kind of game that you can get 90% of the experience by just watching people play it on YouTube, it won't sell at $40.

• is 10% of the game just choices? Because I'd say thats 90% of the gameplay!

WarpSpeed posted: »

If it's the kind of game that you can get 90% of the experience by just watching people play it on YouTube, it won't sell at $40.

• Dear, residents of Canada

I sent my deepest regards to you, but if you bitches weren't so broke... then, maybe the TWAU Deluxe Edition's price wouldn't be so high for you guys!

I don't want to be harsh, but you guys are cool people. But, please work on your guys' money so y'all can give telltale them BIG bucks.

AChicken posted: »

Deluxe Editon: $75.99 cries in canadian dollar

• I do agree I hope there is some Fables/Wolf Among Us merch this time around. Im not really one to get into merch but I would def be interested in Wolf merch. Even thought Skybound's merch hasnt really been the best, they do have the right idea, Im really not sure why Old Telltale was so against merch for their games.

Like Poogers555 said, time will have to tell. I'd kind of like them to go all in and not only give us a good game but some good merchandi

• Thats why they really need to make it a much more innovative experience. They need to make it very clear that choices are much more dynamic as well as adding gameplay that isnt linear. If choices actually have a large affect on the story, people will actually go "I want to play this myself" instead of just watching on youtube. Adding gameplay that "more resembles a game" would also make people want to play it for a non-linear gameplay experience as well.

The problem before was older Telltale games made it so people watched on youtube, people wanted to then play it themsleves, but as time went on and each Telltale game got more and more linear, people just started to figure "well this is nothing like before, might as well watch on youtube for free." New Telltale really needs to make Wolf 2 be more like Older Games that gets people into wanting to play themselves. The Final Season of Walking Dead tried doing less linear action gameplay, but Wolf 2 needs to expand on that way more. Final Season's combat is still very gimmicky and no one is going to say "You have to play The Final Season for the combat gameplay!"

Just overall, Wolf 2 really needs to adopt more game elements and make it more of a "game" to make it so people will buy instead of watch.

WarpSpeed posted: »

If it's the kind of game that you can get 90% of the experience by just watching people play it on YouTube, it won't sell at $40.

• Im really not sure why Old Telltale was so against merch for their games.

Maybe it's cause they only had the money and investors to shovel games in and games out while just barely keeping the company afloat.
    They probably didn't have the extra funds to create/commission merch.

I do agree I hope there is some Fables/Wolf Among Us merch this time around. Im not really one to get into merch but I would def be interest

• edited February 2020

On the merch side of things, I’d love to see pins and shirts, pins especially.

• I suppose youre right, but Im surprised they never even tested the waters. iirc the only real Telltale merch was some Walking Dead stuff which I believe was made because of Skybound and then for some reason GOTG Funko pops, probably the most undesirable merch they could have made. (And I dont mean that as in because the game wasnt popular at all, because not only was it not popular, it was just more Marvel funko pops of Marvel characters that already have Funko pops. Like how many Rocket Raccoon Funko pops are people going to want and buy?)

Im really not sure why Old Telltale was so against merch for their games. Maybe it's cause they only had the money and investors to

• for some reason GOTG Funko pops, probably the most undesirable merch they could have made.

Ah, that's true! Though I believe Marvel Comics/Entertainment must have had a hand in that.

Around the time when Telltale's GOTG game was announced, there was a lot of buzz surrounding Marvel's new "Gamerverse" line up. A showcase of new, upcoming, and current video games based off of Marvel properties, of which Telltale's game was a part of. (mostly mobile games were on their list, but other things like Insomniac's Spidey and of course TTG were more mainstream elements)

I bought the Rocket+Lylla figures, so there was at least a 0.001% payoff to it!

I suppose youre right, but Im surprised they never even tested the waters. iirc the only real Telltale merch was some Walking Dead stuff whi

• thank you for your service of buying rocket raccoon funko pops chicken sir

for some reason GOTG Funko pops, probably the most undesirable merch they could have made. Ah, that's true! Though I believe Marvel

Sign in to comment in this discussion.