New Telltale Leaks from Reddit - TWD S5, TWAU S2, TFTB Redux.

2»

Comments

• I think the delay in responding was also due to the rumour being made public very close to the weekend, I'm sure as soon as the weekend hit, Skybound Staff put their feet up and spent time with family, which is fair enough.

The timing was pretty clever on the "leakers" part, as they picked a timeframe that allowed the rumour to pick up steam and had more media coverage and eyes from desperate fans covering it.

I'm glad it was debunked, but unfortunately, there'll continue to be that ignorant crowd that'll keep on demanding it...

AChicken posted: »

We usually let speculation fly because it's part of the fun, but since press is picking this up we'll actually be posting from SkyboundGames

• Why did people even buy the TWD leak at all.

Like, our last official TWDG game was called 'The FINAL Season'. That should've been the biggest giveaway of all of them.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Not to mention that "The Fatal Frontier" is an immensely stupid title to use.

Why did people even buy the TWD leak at all. Like, our last official TWDG game was called 'The FINAL Season'. That should've been the biggest giveaway of all of them.

• Ever since The Final Season ended, there has been a vocal group of fans swarming every post that Skybound made demanding a Season Five, as time went on, I assume they began to become more desperate, looking for the smallest of indicators that remotely hints towards what they wanted, they knew Skybound said they weren't continuing the Series, but they dismissed the statements and continued their ignorance.

Then this rumour sprung into existence into what was actually a clever time for it, it was announced during a time where Skybound wouldn't have been online to debunk it, allowing it to garner more eyes and media attention, and we are nearing summer, which is full of video game announcements.

Because this rumour simply stated Season Five, it gave the desperate fans a feeling that it's the real deal, because finally something springs up that supports the narrative they want to exist.

In other comments, I've explained that people interpret "The Final Season" as simply "Clementine's Final Season" but the issue with that logic is that if it were simply concluding Clementine's Story and there were plans in place to continue the Series, they'd give it a subtitle or something to clearly say that it is simply the conclusion of a characters Story, not the Series.

Why did people even buy the TWD leak at all. Like, our last official TWDG game was called 'The FINAL Season'. That should've been the biggest giveaway of all of them.

• edited May 2020

Lol the guy deleted his account. Hopefully this puts a stop to the Redux stuff, but I doubt it since it seems like it being confirmed as fake isn't getting as much traction.

I wonder if we'll end up seeing this guy (I still think it's just one dude with too much time on their hands) make a new account to post more fake leaks. He did the same thing when the first Wolf 2 leaks with the poster turned out to be fake because someone pointed out that he'd used a Team Fortress 2 model for King Cole, so I wouldn't be all too surprised.

• “A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.“ Mark Twain

lupinb0y posted: »

Lol the guy deleted his account. Hopefully this puts a stop to the Redux stuff, but I doubt it since it seems like it being confirmed as fak

• I love that there’s this one guy who’s taking all this time to bamboozle a fairly small fan base lol

• kik plz gev me updoot for tftb redux to be confirm 2nite plz

Sign in to comment in this discussion.