Upcoming Games

Thought I'd start a thread where people can post about upcoming games that they're interested in.

Here's mine:
Saint Kotar The Yellow Mask - Out the 18th of June
https://store.steampowered.com/app/868770/Saint_Kotar_The_Yellow_Mask/

Don't know a lot about this really. However, what has me interested is it's a point & click 2D game where the world seems very grounded and thus usually results in puzzles that don't go silly which I feel has really damaged the Point & Click genre and given it a bit of a bad stigma.

Beyond a Steel Sky - Out in 2020
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1146310/Beyond_a_Steel_Sky/

Revolution Software never really make a bad game and they also happen to be the studio behind the Broken Sword series which I enjoy a lot. Beyond a Steel Sky is third person adventure game set years after the events of the first game Beneath a Steel Sky (which is free if you're interested). The trailers and gameplay footage they've shown seems to be quite good with a decent world to explore.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Pictures_Anthology:_Little_Hope

Man of Medan was a short but sweet game that had an interesting idea. I hope they can build on the somewhat small mistakes they made with this one and make something just as good as Until Dawn.

Comments

• Is that suppose to be season 3 of Life is Strange or just a spin off?

• Neither one. It's a new Dontnod game not Life is Strange related but with a similar style.

Revec posted: »

Is that suppose to be season 3 of Life is Strange or just a spin off?

• Yeah I'm also interested in beyond a steel sky because it's revolution software's next game. I also hope Detroit become human comes to PC.

• It's on the epic store already.

• Hmm I'll check that out. Anyway do you have any idea about Broken Sword 6?I mean is there going to be the 6th one?

• edited May 2020

Nothing has been said, but I can't imagine they won't as it's their flag ship series. The idea for another Bass game has been in their mind for a while and they're probably tired of only making Broken Sword (last 3 games has been Broken Sword or Remasters for it), so I don't blame them.

Did you like BS5?

I thought it was a strong return, but the series always works best when it follows a strong historical foundation and 5 felt a bit weak in that regard. Maybe 6 will be something completely different like BS2 had. My only complaint besides that was the script. The first two games clearly had talented writers that knew how to balance character growth, plot and humour. BS5 didn't quite have that.

Hmm I'll check that out. Anyway do you have any idea about Broken Sword 6?I mean is there going to be the 6th one?

• I will try it once

• edited June 2020

If you're going to play the series for the first time, here's the order:

Broken Sword The Shadow of the Templar's - considered the best
    Broken Sword The Smoking Mirror - considered the best
    Broken Sword The Sleeping Dragon - not bad, but too many box puzzles due to tight budget
    Broken Sword The Angel of Death - The puzzles are really, really tough.
    Broken Sword The Serpents Curse - A close return to form

The first four are old and really cheap now. If you do start at 1, please play the original not the directors cut - you get it with the directors cut in a folder. The directors cut is a bad name I think as it's basically the mobile version. They've added a few new bits, but taken out a lot of funny dialogue and moments.

I will try it once

• Yeah you're right the main theme of this series was historical mystery adventure and looking for valuable historical objects and in BS5 it was more just fighting crimes. But i kinda enjoyed the game because of characters and development in graphics. I also enjoyed reunion of Nico and George and they ended up together. I hope BS6 will be perfect. No matter how it'll be, I just want it!!!

Revec posted: »

Nothing has been said, but I can't imagine they won't as it's their flag ship series. The idea for another Bass game has been in their mind

Sign in to comment in this discussion.