TWAU2 seems to be out of pre-production and is now being worked on in-engine, job openings posted

edited July 2020 in General Chat

It seems that TWAU2's story is at least done in a rough form, and that the game is in production,there have been no official announcements about this, but earlier today Telltale Games posted on LinkedIn, opening up job listings for a FULL-TIME (Not contract) Gameplay Programmer and Technical Artist.
https://lcg-entertainment-inc.breezy.hr/
https://www.linkedin.com/company/telltale-games/
It seems now we know for sure that they are actually making the game in-engine currently.

Here below are the details on the job listings. It seems they are trying to port some features from the Telltale Tool into Unreal. And also that at least some of the company is no longer working remotely, which is great news. The listings also specifically say they are for TWAU2 and not a new IP. In addition, it seems Telltales future games after TWAU2 will also use Unreal Engine

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER

Telltale Games grew to become an industry leader in episodic delivery of narrative games, winning numerous accolades for its best-selling titles. Working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we will honor that tradition while also pushing the boundaries of the way players consume and experience interactive storytelling. We are seeking a skilled Gameplay Programmer to help write the future story of Telltale for our upcoming sequel to The Wolf Among Us.

The Gameplay Programmer is responsible for bringing the vision of our creative teams to life while contributing in important ways to player interactivity and narrative gameplay. The position will primarily be working in Unreal and our proprietary tools, and the ideal candidate will bring an expert level understanding of Unreal development with experience in complex animation systems and cinematic games.

The position is for full-time employment in our Corte Madera or Malibu office in California, and reports to our CTO.

Responsibilities

Working in Unreal, help assemble and manage game scenes for an upcoming Telltale title.
Develop modern narrative gameplay experiences by leveraging existing systems and creating new ones.
Work closely with our development teams to envision and implement strategies for game components, authoring tools, and product deadlines.
Master proprietary Telltale cinematic authoring technology, helping to build integrations for the next generation of narrative games.
Design, write and test efficient code that control the game functionality and authoring tools.
Working in small focused groups, be an active participant in the design and production of the game; you are the technical side of the creative team!
Essential Skills

5 or more years experience as a gameplay programmer.
Must have 3 or more years experience with Unreal Engine and consider themselves ‘expert’ in all aspects of Unreal gameplay capabilities.
Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent years of experience.
Proven experience building key components of a modern Unreal game, ideally with focus on cinematics, animation, and cameras.
Ability to think like a designer and creation compelling game systems.
Thrive on creating highly direct and operational game system that shines in their functionality more than their elegance.
Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own tasks and seeking out answers when needed.
Receptive to the iterative nature of games design with a willingness to participate in many areas of game development.
Must have strong communication skills and a positive and professional attitude.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.

LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer

TECHNICAL ARTIST

Telltale Games grew to become an industry leader in episodic delivery of narrative games, winning numerous accolades for its best-selling titles. Working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we will honor that tradition while also pushing the boundaries of the way players consume and experience interactive storytelling. We are seeking a skilled Technical Artist to help write the future story of Telltale for our upcoming sequel to The Wolf Among Us.

The Technical Artist will be an early key contributor to our Unreal-based art pipeline for The Wolf Among Us 2 and future Telltale titles. Responsibilities will include prototyping early vision scenes, animation tests, and material setups, as well as evaluation of tools and partners for use in full production. The ideal candidate will have expert level understanding of Unreal art capabilities and bring an attitude of experimentation and eagerness to tackle bold artistic and technical challenges.

The position is for full-time employment in our Corte Madera or Malibu office in California, and reports to our CTO.

Responsibilities

Working in Unreal, help to establish our art and cinematic pipeline, work across several art disciplines including lighting, rigging, animation, and general art support as the need arises.
Lead efforts in early art prototyping to establish sample scenes, animation, rigging, FX, and material tests.
Coordinate with art, technical, and studio leads to help build and maintain a high performance art pipeline from creation to final package delivery.
Rapid prototyping, experimentation, R&D, and review of internal and 3rd party cinematic tools and process.
Problem solve and determine ‘out of the box’ solutions for pipeline challenges
Contribute to the unique product artistic vision holding high standards for aesthetics and technical art implementation.
Assist with technical art as required including VFX, rigging, etc.
Qualifications

5 or more years experience as generalist or technical artist.
Must have 3 or more years experience with Unreal Engine and consider themselves ‘expert’ in all aspects of Unreal art capabilities.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in CS, 3D graphics, or related field.
Proven experience building tools for modern Unreal art pipeline with solid understanding of Unreal scripting.
Solid experience working with shader and materials in Unreal.
Strong understanding of animation pipelines, including character and environment systems.
Experience working with offsite art and programming teams.
Portfolio demonstrating technical artistic ability including work in Unreal based games.
Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own tasks and seeking out answers when needed.
Must have strong communication skills and a positive and professional attitude.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.

LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Comments

• oh my god its finally happening

• This is good to see, I wonder what other job listings they will open in the future. Definitely keeping an eye out!

Also this isnt related, but apparently Sony is looking into buying Leyou, which I believe would include Athlon publishing. inb4 this somehow leads to The Wolf Among Us 2 being funded by Sony and suddenly twau2 becomes a PS5 exclusive with a massive budget behind it. (Obviously this is a joke but... what if...)

• Poogers555 posted: »

This is good to see, I wonder what other job listings they will open in the future. Definitely keeping an eye out! Also this isnt related

• What’s Athlons relationship with LCG again? It confuses me. Does Athlon own LCG or are they just a publishing partner and stockholder?

patrickrc95 posted: »

https://twitter.com/NextGenPlayer/status/1278695551001862144

• edited July 2020

Publisher. Telltale makes the games. Athlon Publishes them.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

What’s Athlons relationship with LCG again? It confuses me. Does Athlon own LCG or are they just a publishing partner and stockholder?

• (I feel like a lot of people need to realize this doesnt mean the game is in a real playable state yet. This is still very early development, so dont go expecting that much news soon. Im sure there are some test rooms and the likes already made, but thats probably as far as that goes. I also dont think the script is anywhere close to done yet. A first drafted has probably been completed by now or is close to being finished, but things can change pretty drastically when it comes to writing. I still think there will be another update before the end of the year but I seriously expect it to be tech screenshots and no real info about story or gameplay innovations, first picture reveal is probably going to be Bigby in his coat in all honesty.)

So yes this is exciting and it obviously means production is starting to get rolling and is 100% a great sign for this game and New Telltale as a whole, but really dont take this as "news soon" or that it "left pre-production" as I would really say this is a lot closer to entering pre-production phase 2.

All of this is great news and Im kinda just blathering. Just trying to say keep your expectations in check about news as it will probably still be a while.

• ^ This, 100% agree

Really never understood how everyone was expecting info last month for E3 season, and now how everyone is expecting news in December. That's way too early, we'd be lucky to get this game in 2020. Q4 2021 earliest

Poogers555 posted: »

(I feel like a lot of people need to realize this doesnt mean the game is in a real playable state yet. This is still very early development

• A first drafted has probably been completed by now or is close to being finished, but things can change pretty drastically when it comes to writing.

As is the Telltale way.

(I feel like a lot of people need to realize this doesnt mean the game is in a real playable state yet. This is still very early development

• bump because they just added a "careers" tab to the top of the website

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited July 2020

...Was that "Shop" tab always there? I don't remember it last night when I looked at the "Careers" tab when you mentioned it last night.

EDIT: Seems that has been there a few months, oh well.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

bump because they just added a "careers" tab to the top of the website

• inb4 this somehow leads to The Wolf Among Us 2 being funded by Sony and suddenly twau2 becomes a PS5 exclusive with a massive budget behind it.

Fabletown: Become Wolf

This is good to see, I wonder what other job listings they will open in the future. Definitely keeping an eye out! Also this isnt related

Sign in to comment in this discussion.