Why is it taking so long for it to be released for xbla?

i got 1600 ms points back in july for the last resort and muzzled and it is almost october. has it just been cancled? i would get it on PC but my computer is not good enough to play the graphics

Comments

• edited September 2009
    i got 1600 ms points back in july for the last resort and muzzled and it is almost october. has it just been cancled? i would get it on PC but my computer is not good enough to play the graphics

Not cancelled, The Last Resort should be out very soon I would guess.
  • edited September 2009
    I'm also eagerly waiting for the release of the next Wallace & Gromit episodes on XBLA.
    The Wii already has the second episode of Tales of Monkey Island.

From a commercial point of view I can understand this move by Telltale. The popular Monkey Island series will lead to a larger income, than the not so popular Wallace & Gromit series.

But as a big Wallace & Gromit fan I'm really angry, that there is not even an official announcement by Telltale/Microsoft if/when we can expect the release of the last 3 WG episodes.
  • edited September 2009
    fake0815 wrote: »
    I'm also eagerly waiting for the release of the next Wallace & Gromit episodes on XBLA.
    The Wii already has the second episode of Tales of Monkey Island.

From a commercial point of view I can understand this move by Telltale. The popular Monkey Island series will lead to a larger income, than the not so popular Wallace & Gromit series.

But as a big Wallace & Gromit fan I'm really angry, that there is not even an official announcement by Telltale/Microsoft if/when we can expect the release of the last 3 WG episodes.

Well, a couple weeks ago Major Nelson said episode 2 would be going up, and then retracted it after TTG contacted him I guess. So it seems like it will be really soon, but who knows when?
  • edited September 2009
    Telltale has no control over the release of the XBLA episodes. Microsoft does, and I'm guessing since the first episode didn't go over so well, they're going to push out a few high profile money makers and get around to The Last Resort whenever.
  • edited September 2009
    @ Gibbeynator

Yes, that's what I also think. But it is really sad, that games like
    ION Assault, The Warrios:Street Brawl or Zombie Apocalypse are nowadays more popular than an adventure game like W&G. :(
  • edited September 2009
    Wait a minute - XBLA only has 1 episode of Wallace and Gromit available? Wow...I didn't know that.
    One more reason why I'll always love PC gaming best.
  • edited September 2009
    This thread has a link to some possible extra info... it's just a shame that our superb leaders couldn't tell us directly. I guess Chimpanzee Archipelago is the #1 son, afterall!
  • edited September 2009
    Oh, wow. I thought at least episode TWO was out on XBLA.

I am SO glad that PC releases weren't held back by the console dates like they were for SBCG4AP. I guess this is the sort of thing you get when you're dealing with a monolithic, uncaring middleman.
  • edited September 2009
    I heard it was the Summer of Arcade's fault. Either way, blame Microsoft.
  • edited October 2009
    Well it's nearly the winter of arcade...
  • edited October 2009
    Perhaps they meant summer of arcade 2010.

Or we get now all episodes in one package, like the first season of Sam & Max.
    That would be awesome.
  • edited October 2009
    The achievements for Last Resort have been up on www.xbox360achievements.org for months now, so clearly the XBLA version has been finished and ready to release for a while.

It would be nice if someone from TTG could shed some light as to what's going on with it. Major Nelson announced it as coming out a few weeks ago, and then said it was removed at the last minute.

Who knows, maybe Microsoft would rather release Sam&Max: Beyond Time and Space first? Either way this situation has been very aggravating.

At least I've had ToMI to please my adventure gaming fix, but I want the rest of W&G already!
  • edited October 2009
    Yes, some comment/announcement from TTG would be very nice.
  • edited October 2009
    @ Gibbeynator

Yes, that's what I also think. But it is really sad, that games like
    ION Assault, The Warrios:Street Brawl or Zombie Apocalypse are nowadays more popular than an adventure game like W&G. :(

Hey, Ion Assault is actually quite fun!

I'm just waiting for the release of S&M Season
  • edited October 2009
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/wallace-and-gromit-episode-3/achievements/

Ok, now the achievements for Muzzled are up, and we STILL have no idea when Last Resort is coming out. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that this is a sign that the remaining episodes will come out in quick succession (or better yet, all at once) but, I'll be realistic and assume that Microsoft will just screw us over again.

Hey TTG, anytime you guys feel like telling us what the hell is going on with W&G on XBLA is more than welcome.
  • edited October 2009
    I want a Telltale Games XBLA Wednesday, with 3 games:

W&G Ep.2
    W&G Ep.3
    Sam and Max Season 2

Please make it happen. :D
  • edited October 2009
    I want a Telltale Games XBLA Wednesday, with 3 games:

W&G Ep.2
    W&G Ep.3
    Sam and Max Season 2

Please make it happen. :D

Highly unlikely, since they'd be competing (and pretty severely) with themselves for customers' dollars.
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Keep an eye on our blog and when we know for sure, you'll know. Might have an announcement coming up soonish?
  • edited October 2009
    That sounds promising. :)
  • edited October 2009
    Well, looks like The Last Resort is coming out sometime in November. At this rate of release, I'd expect Muzzled in April and The Bogey Man next September.
  • edited October 2009
    Well, looks like The Last Resort is coming out sometime in November. At this rate of release, I'd expect Muzzled in April and The Bogey Man next September.

Look at the full quote:
    More great Telltale episodes will join the Xbox LIVE Arcade line up in November with the release of additional Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures.

PLURAL!
  • edited October 2009
    At least we have a release month now.
    For this week I'm happy with Sam & Max Season 2.
  • edited October 2009
    Well you Xbox players may get the games later but at least you seem to get them at a better price. You can at least take solace in that.
  • edited October 2009
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Well you Xbox players may get the games later but at least you seem to get them at a better price. You can at least take solace in that.
    They do when they're packed as a season(at $20 per season). The four episodes of Wallace and Gromit are $10 each, so they pay about $2-3 more per episode and per season.
  • edited October 2009
    Season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Micheal bay sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Micheal Bay does suck.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.