Telltale Stranger Things soundtrack leaked by its own composers

edited October 2020 in General Chat

Antimo and Welles have no chill man, they went all in on calling out Telltale for not paying them by releasing the whole gameplay demo soundtrack. Based on track names it seems that the gameplay demo that got GIFs leaked was what this music was made for.

The video reveals stuff about the games events, when development started (They had a gameplay demo June 2018 atthe earliest) and a few other things. Antimo and Welles were not payed at all for their 7 hours of music they made.

Please use this a lesson to be smart with your contracts and always to ask your employers questions about anything in your contracts you’re wondering about. Don’t get screwed like they did.

Comments

• edited October 2020

Aw man, these guys did a great job with the soundtrack for Minecraft: Storymode. Bummed to see that they got burned with the Stranger Things game.

These tracks sound really great too. Sad that they probably won't ever be used in anything.

• Oh man, that's awesome! They had great synth/electronic tracks in MCSM, so I'm glad to hear TTG would have partnered with them on Stranger Things.

Antimo and Welles were not payed at all for their 7 hours of music they made.

Though I'm not pleased that it seems Telltale shafted them too before they went under. Damn, that 2018 shutdown left no survivors, huh?

Mmm I'm listening to those tracks now and they're so smooth. It's a damn shame this project got shutdown with Telltale.

• What? This is so cool!

Kinda sad that Antimo and Welles spent that much time and effort into these tracks for Telltale to just completely fuck them over.

It honestly would be nice to see more footage from this project, but sadly, I don't see it happening. Seeing as how most of the fiasco with Telltale has kind of simmered down and the community is quiet. But, you never know. Maybe someday, we'll hear some more about what this game could've been.

• It makes me sad, reading this, it kind of brought back the emotions I had when Telltale initially shut down, that promising future, up in smoke.

I feel awful for Antimo and Welles, over 7 hours worth of music and not paid a single penny for it, it's disgraceful, and it shows just how grim things were for Telltale financially.

They did good with this though, and I'm sad we probably won't get to see this game ever with the Soundtrack to accompany it

• edited October 2020

This is def some really interesting content especially considering the track names kind of paint a picture of what may have happened in the episode. Pretty sure it was confirmed to take place between Season 1 and 2, and sadly it doesnt seem like we can put together that much of the story other than it probably began with Will's nightmare and had a scene in Will's fort. (And some sort of Eleven scene possibly)

I'm always going to be really curious on what the actual story of this game was going to be, or even more specifically the gameplay. From what leaked it seemed to have a lot more "game" feel to it and I almost feel like it was going to be a linear experience. I mean remember GoT was really limited because it was set within the TV show's canon during events of the show? Stranger Things was going to take place between seasons while using the same cast as the show as the main characters. I cant imagine there would be that much breathing room for a true branching narrative, so I wonder if they were going to shy away from the choices in this game and instead focus on a different game element. (Or maybe it would have been non-canon? Although I doubt that.)

Also I think I'm more surprised Jared wasn't the composer. When the Wolf 2 trailer dropped the music sounded a lot like Jared was inspired by Stranger Things when he was making that Wolf main theme remix. I mean he may have been inspired by it as just a fan, but I remember thinking Wolf 2's music sounded the way it did because he probably made a fair amount of ST music and wanted to implement some of the elements into Wolf.

• *Seasons 2 and 3

Poogers555 posted: »

This is def some really interesting content especially considering the track names kind of paint a picture of what may have happened in the

• Went ahead and supported them on Patreon, that's the least they deserve.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.