Clementine is BACK!!!

124»

Comments

• Lol, that second image was made by me, wasn’t expecting my Reddit post here but good to see.

I stand by what I said in that image even more than ever.

• kirkman nooooo

https://twitter.com/RobertKirkman/status/1509355234140647424

• To say that I am very unhappy, and very angry at this, is an understatement. Just fuming that this is happening.

AChicken posted: »

kirkman nooooo

• Oh fuck the fuck off, Kirkman.

https://twitter.com/RobertKirkman/status/1509355234140647424

• ...Holy fucking shit, they actually did it

Skybound Blog: Clementine Comic Update
    https://www.skybound.com/games/telltales-the-walking-dead/clementine-comic-update
    In 2018, we surprised our fans and the greater gaming community by announcing that we would finish the final two episodes of Telltale’s The Walking Dead: The Final Season after Telltale shut its doors.
    After releasing the final episodes, we then released The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series and announced a continuation of Clementine’s story with a new Graphic Novel series.
    The love and appreciation our fans have for Clementine has been at the forefront of our minds, and we want to make sure we are doing right by our fans who have followed Clementine through the years.
    After some internal discussions and some reviews of fan feedback online, Skybound and Tillie Walden are officially announcing that Clementine: Book One takes place in an alternate continuity that is no longer directly canon to Telltale’s The Walking Dead series. Player choice and tailored story telling are essential to Telltale’s The Walking Dead, and we now see that fans prefer to have their player choices honored in future storylines with Clementine.
    This all-new original graphic novel, available everywhere books are sold June 2022, marks the official launch of Skybound Comet, a new original graphic novel imprint aimed at Young Adult (Ages 12+) and Middle Grade (Ages 8-12) audiences.
    Clementine Book One (Diamond Code MAY218587, ISBN: 978-1-5343-2128-1) will be available at comic book shops and digital platforms including Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, comiXology, and Google Play on Wednesday, > June 22 and everywhere books are sold on June 28.
    For more info and updates on Skybound Comet, visit www.skyboundcomet.com.

• Try harder next year buddy.

...Holy fucking shit, they actually did it Skybound Blog: Clementine Comic Update https://www.skybound.com/games/telltales-the-walk

• edited April 2022

This is quite unexpected.

• lol

...Holy fucking shit, they actually did it Skybound Blog: Clementine Comic Update https://www.skybound.com/games/telltales-the-walk

• Oh my.... she named her leg, didn't she? G-great, Clem. You've really lost your marbles.

• By the way this is a review (Sorta?) from someone in The Walking Dead subreddit who has already read the full comic.

SPOILERS BELOW.

• Good god, it's boring as hell and confusing to understand. The book sorta just... ends. The pacing is really bad. Stuff would happen that seemed fairly important, but then it cuts to something else entirely. At the same time, Tillie spends forever on the boring stuff like moving the generator. The art still sucks and it's very hard to tell which character is which.

• Ricca (Tillie lookalike) called Clem "baby" near the end. Uuuuh.... I don't think they're actually even girlfriends yet?!?! They seem to be just barely friends. Oh and Ricca's 19 she said. Clem says she's 17. There is literally no reason to make Ricca a legal adult while Clem is still a minor. None. Ricca easily could've been 17 as well. Honestly, she gives me creepy, stalker girlfriend vibes.

• Clem named her prosthetic Kenny. Said something like he was a moody guy, but a good man deep down. Jane was never mentioned or hinted at. Clem said something like how maybe she shouldn't be driving (I can't remember if it was in regards to Amos' buggy or the snowmobile). Sounds like the going with Kenny season 2 ending is canon, in my opinion.

• Clem shooting Lee is canon, or at least it looked like it. She was pointing the gun at him. Refusing to steal from the station wagon is canon (Clem wasn't wearing the red Brooklyn hoodie in that panel).

• Clem left the school because the kids think she's a liability. They didn't say it to her face, but she said something like "I can see it in their eyes."

• No returning characters unless you count Lee and AJ in flashbacks. And the Kenny mention.

• They find a kitten that miraculously survived the snowy mountains for some reason. They fly in the plane Amos wanted to see. Oh, yeah Amos is missing... or left... something like that. Like I said, the pacing is horrible, lol. He got randomly very sick with a fever earlier on.

• When Clem left the school she said she was angry at Lee for not saving her. To be fair, she said she knows she's being stupid since he's dead. Still sounds out of character to me.

• They meet a guy named Tim. He gives off major Chuck vibes.

• I think that's it for stuff people might want to know. Funnily enough, I think Amos is my favorite out of the whole book. Not that that's saying much since they all suck, but he has some sort of personality, at least.

• Clem left the school because the kids think she's a liability. They didn't say it to her face, but she said something like "I can see it in their eyes."

That is one of, if not, the dumbest reason Clem could have ever chosen. How does that excuse her to leave AJ behind after all they have been through? They weren't even involved in a war anymore.

By the way this is a review (Sorta?) from someone in The Walking Dead subreddit who has already read the full comic. SPOILERS BELOW.

• edited June 2022

Good thing I didn’t waste my money on this , comic is a self insert and completely unrealistic of clementines actions .

What bothers me the most besides the art work is the lettering for crying out loud comics/graphic novels are all capitalized never have I read a comic have lower case lettering?

I looked it up it has a 3.1 review depending on what source .

I would’ve preferred TWD Merch or a 3D animated series of Clementine and AJ at the boarding score instead of this…my head won’t stop spinning. 🤦🏻

• Here is the plot for book 2: In Clementine Book Two, Clementine and her new friends are rescued by an island community led by an enigmatic doctor called Miss Morro, but just as Clementine’s scars are finally beginning to heal, she discovers dark secrets that threaten to tear her new life apart. Can Miss Morro be trusted? What about the rest of the islanders? And just how far will Clementine go to protect the ones she loves?

This sounds like a bad parody of "The Island of Dr. Moreau", the doctor's name is similar too, this barely feels connected to the Walking Dead. I can already guess that Morro will turn out to be a evil cliche mad scientist who laughs maniacally and is completely over the top who is doing experiments to create herself an army of super mutant walkers or bring back the dinosaurs to take over the world, or they turn out to be a cult that worships a evil deity who grants them monster forms and sacrifice strangers like in Scooby Doo on Zombie Island. I won't be surprised if aliens appear in Book 3 and they turn out to be the masterminds of the apocalypse.

And also, protect the ones she loves? So, Clementine feels a lot more attached to a couple of strangers she happened to run into than the kid she raised ever since he was born into this world and the group of kids she left behind? Give me a break.

• doesn't surprise me that the comics have bombed,Clem and TWD game has been milked more times than mable the cow, someone posted a mock up of how Clem would look in the future a few years ago on here,worst thing they could of done because someone from Telltale obviously saw it and the postive reaction it got and advanced her age in the last of TWD games,if they would of kept her a kid then none of this mess would of happened IMO

• Are the comics canon to the games or are they just a spin-off thing? Because I don’t think like what they are doing with Clem and stuff related to the game. I feel like since we were in control of Clem we had different reasons for doing or not doing certain things and to try to make a character with so many options and choices a linear path is incredibly tricky to do but again I do not like what they are doing with Clementine.

• The comics are considered canon to the video games. The author has been going to considerable lengths to avoid directly referring or alluding to any choices that one has made in order to make it work, but it is all canon, regardless of what you specifically chose for your Clementine.

Are the comics canon to the games or are they just a spin-off thing? Because I don’t think like what they are doing with Clem and stuff rela

• Yes unfortunately these putrid fuckin pathetic books are confirmed as Canon by skybound and Kirkman, pathetic! Absolutely ruin season 4 as a whole honestly and make it pointless, matter of fact, Clem taking care of AJ since season 2 and has been a make a focal point of the games since then s*** even season 3 even though Clementine was sideline for a bit her main point in a new frontier was fighting and taking care of AJ because she loved him so she reiterates several times how she would never leave him and how she loves him several times. She did all this for him pretty much, but was it all a lie obviously! Because she leaves at Erickson because she's not happy and not even "her son" can make her happy she leaves Ericsson without getting a proper prosthetic just a stupid peg leg that keeps breaking and makes her appear as a worthless useless pretty much a cripple a shadow of her former self I read that damn book twice just to make sure what I was reading was actually what I was reading and my God just no no. Now I don't approve of till we getting death threats of course not she was just hard to do what she was hired to do by skybound and yes skybound did finish season 4 for us but they obviously don't care about the fans and how much The Telltale version of Clementine no matter how much they say means to us I mean because they're completely butchering everything about this character and her legacy that we've grown to love about her through these games are completely just non-existent. I know there's nothing we can do about it being Canon but my God they should see all the backlash of what this is causing to this legendary character Clementine is one of the greatest video game characters of all time her character development was spot on when Telltale was in charge. I just can't believe that they expect die hard fans like us even though times change I get that. To accept this as canonically the same Clementine we fell in love with back in 2012 and that incredible journey to the games that we've been on I mean she doesn't even head her own beliefs anymore never go alone that was one of her big rules....welp she goes alone lol. It's just not right and I know planning about it's not going to change your damn thing because they obviously don't care, they're making money and that's all that matters her name is popular very popular she's pretty much the face of this franchise so her ip= bucks, now if this was not canon I wouldn't care but it is coming and it just messes up everything! Literally everything we care about regarding her story and her character.

• What if any new games Telltale made for the walking dead diverged from the comics in terms of canon?

Like if they make some games after the final season, they can be made so they aren't canon to the comics because it's a diverging canon.

Basically any game that comes after the comics isn't canon to them and are only canon to the games before.

naterybar25 posted: »

Yes unfortunately these putrid fuckin pathetic books are confirmed as Canon by skybound and Kirkman, pathetic! Absolutely ruin season 4 as a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.