"Acheron: Part I" Episode Discussion (TWD Season 11 premiere)

Hey, did you realize that the Walking Dead was premiering tonight for its final season? I kind of forgot until like 6 hours ago, but hey, that's plenty of time. Hopefully season 11 is as good as Season 10. Looking forward to seeing this all end.

As always, comment before, while, or after you watch!

Comments

• Decent episode. Some creepy bits (soldier walkers "sleeping" and the bodies in the bags), great character moments (I really liked Negan in this episode), and I thought the show was very effective in showing how grueling the questioning was (and there hints of interesting stuff - the Commonwealth is burning old dollars???). I liked the dialogue-free (well, spoken word) intro too. That was neat. One thing I didn't like was that apparently it's so easy to steal Commonwealth armor that it wasn't worthy of a scene. Very dumb. I get that they basically said how they were going to get the armor, but like, they were in a cage. How the hell did they pull that? Almost feels like a scene was cut.

Also, props to showcasing the Washington Metro and I appreciate some Reagan National and Bethesda shoutouts too (Fallout 3 fans probably were extra stoked). They really managed to capture an authentic version of the Metro with the graffiti and the rubble and the trash everywhere...wait a minute, isn't this show supposed to be like 10 years into the apocalypse? ;)

• edited August 2021

One thing I didn't like was that apparently it's so easy to steal Commonwealth armor that it wasn't worthy of a scene. Very dumb. I get that they basically said how they were going to get the armor, but like, they were in a cage. How the hell did they pull that? Almost feels like a scene was cut.

Yeah that and Maggie’s crew not noticing two of their members taking all the supplies and running off were a couple really weird moments. Not to mention the horde that was behind them. You’d think the runaways would have ran into them and screamed or something and alerted the gang about it.

I liked the episode overall aside from those two bits. Also, damn does the show look good. There are some really great looking shots this episode.

Decent episode. Some creepy bits (soldier walkers "sleeping" and the bodies in the bags), great character moments (I really liked Negan in t

• Just popping in to say, apparently AMC has a new subscription service called AMC Plus, and with it, you get early access to some of their shows.

For Walking Dead, you get a full week's early access to new episodes... so Episode 2 is already out, essentially.
    Thoughts on this risky tactic?

• I think it's bad in more or less every single way. But most of all it splits the fanbase, that seems to be the biggest complaint I've seen thus far.

AChicken posted: »

Just popping in to say, apparently AMC has a new subscription service called AMC Plus, and with it, you get early access to some of their sh

• I feel awkward having watched ep2 and trying to comment here...

AChicken posted: »

Just popping in to say, apparently AMC has a new subscription service called AMC Plus, and with it, you get early access to some of their sh

• Well, is episode 2 good at least? :| Share the wealth.

I feel awkward having watched ep2 and trying to comment here...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.