"Out Of The Ashes" Episode Discussion

More TWD, this time with Commonwealth stuff (been a few episodes), Negan, Whisperers(?), and who knows what else.

As always comment whenever you feel like it.

Comments

• Pretty good episode. Commonwealth stuff was very interesting - as cheesy as that video at the beginning was, honestly it makes sense and fits in well with the vibe they are going for. Negan and Maggie stuff was pretty good too.

Cailey Fleming really is a good child actor. Talented kid. And Christian Serratos did a good job of Rosita with her - I liked that they acknowledged that Rosita would have a special spot for Judith. Maybe could have done without the jerk teens.

And the Whisperer storyline was a good one. An interesting idea for sure - I like the idea of small bands of Whisperers staying around - with some brutal moments. Aaron using deer antlers to keep a walker at bay? Great. Torture with a walker? Great (well, not great but like, you know, it was interesting). Some great walker effects too on the burned walkers. And Connie! Yes, yes let's bring her back.

• edited September 2021

Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode. It was neat seeing the Commonwealth and how normal everything looked even if we only got to see like one block of it, though I do think the comic had a better sense of scale. It's nice to see them adapting Michonne's story with Yumiko finding her brother, though it definitely wasn't as effective as the comic. RIP the cake. I really liked everything to do with the Commonwealth, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

Cailey Fleming is a really damn good actress. Hopefully she ends up doing more stuff in the future once the show's over. I liked the scene with Rosita comforting her, though I think the episode could have done without the Stephen King level bullies. Also is that the first walker child we've seen in the show since like season 5? Also was cool seeing the remnants of the Whisperers kind of just trying to live. I felt kinda bad for that one dude being tortured with a walker.

Connie's done hanging out with the Eternals and will finally make her return to the show!

• Bringing the Whisperers back was cool and realistic, it's silly when the entirety of these huge enemy groups just disappear off the face of the Earth whenever the protagonists defeat the main bad. I found it frustrating how quickly the group at the Commonwealth decided to break the rules. Hopefully Yumiko gets help for Alexandria.

• ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Bringing the Whisperers back was cool and realistic, it's silly when the entirety of these huge enemy groups just disappear off the face of

Sign in to comment in this discussion.