Come down from your Crystal Fortress!

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Yeah, well, uhhhhh, ummm. Ok, I didn't get it at all period. It was actually a Powered by The Cheat, which suprised me. (sortive..) If you noticed it almost remined me of Experimental Flim:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/expfilm.html

they are both simillar in some ways...then agian....
  • edited September 2009
    Did anybody else notice that epic Quest for Glory reference?
  • edited September 2009
    Yeah, well, uhhhhh, ummm. If you noticed it almost remined me of Experimental Flim; they are both simillar in some ways...then agian....

Well, they are both sung by the same band - They Might Be Giants. The HRWiki gives a link to this podcast where you hear a high quality version and also the 200 sbemail Poopsmith song:
    http://www.tmbg.com/_media/_pod/TMBGPodcast37A.mp3

http://tmbw.net/wiki/Crystal_Fortress
  • edited September 2009
    Hmm..... it was.... interesting, I could say. Not bad... but it left me sitting there, saying "What?"
  • edited September 2009
    i'd use the word 'awkward', but that doesnt even cut it. im not saying it was bad, just.......wierd.
  • edited September 2009
    Haha! Amazing! That was just incredible!

I didn't really like how it started before the song came up, but the contrast and the spoofing was just great.

A lot of its appeal comes from how DIFFERENT it was, even from "Experimental Film"(which I also loved for its extremely accurate spoofing of experimental films).

The clash of styles, both of which I actually quite love, and the exaggeration...oh, and those little references...it's all just excellent.
  • edited September 2009
    It floods my heart with joy to see they finally did something with this song. And I frakkin love that unicorn. The..black one.
  • edited September 2009
    I agree with Rather Dashing up there. I think it's hard to understand unless you kind of listened to the song before this was put up, which I did, and I was like "Ooh! Hopefully making it into something with Homestar?" and then they made this, so of course I was excited, and I especially liked the "Stave It Off" guitarist!
  • edited September 2009
    Haha! Amazing! That was just incredible!

I didn't really like how it started before the song came up, but the contrast and the spoofing was just great.

A lot of its appeal comes from how DIFFERENT it was, even from "Experimental Film"(which I also loved for its extremely accurate spoofing of experimental films).

The clash of styles, both of which I actually quite love, and the exaggeration...oh, and those little references...it's all just excellent.

Never thought of it that way. Hmmmm, it does make a good contrast of song and ummm french fries.
  • edited October 2009
    Hah, I love this long-time! "Ima gonna throw a brick at your cellist!"
  • edited October 2009
    I agree w/ The Highway, the return of the Stave-It-Off guitarist was hilarious.

Personally I think the video/slash/song has grown on me. lol, I didn't even know Limozeen was in it until I actually downloaded the song (the flash had it too distorted and the visuals didn't help).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.