Game Informer Telltale article - new details on Wolf 2, studio culture, more.

124»

Comments

• Plot twist is that Bigby actually dies because the pudding was chocolate

The Wolf Among Us: A New Frontier Bigby Wolf dies in the first few minutes of Episode 201, and you spend the remainder of TWAU: ANF playing

• Just turning the whole game into TLOU2? XD

The Wolf Among Us: A New Frontier Bigby Wolf dies in the first few minutes of Episode 201, and you spend the remainder of TWAU: ANF playing

• Nonsense. Rian Johnson is writing the second episode and tossing everything from the first episode out anyway. :p

patrickrc95 posted: »

Just turning the whole game into TLOU2? XD

• Bullshit. Because in the third episode, it's going to retcon everything that happened in Episode 2 and it will have Bigby lose his way and turn into its final form to destroy Fabletown.

Nonsense. Rian Johnson is writing the second episode and tossing everything from the first episode out anyway.

• Actually it was Bigby glamored as the Woodsman killing the Woodsman glamored as Bigby. This will be revealed after episode 5 is over.

• edited December 2021

Somehow... The Crooked Man returned. Regardless of any of your choices.

AronDracula posted: »

Bullshit. Because in the third episode, it's going to retcon everything that happened in Episode 2 and it will have Bigby lose his way and turn into its final form to destroy Fabletown.

• Crooked Man: I am all the… Bad…Fables!
    Bigby: And I… am all the Good Fables!

AChicken posted: »

• Nah none of that’s happening it’s getting cancelled again because Kevin Bruner pulled some strings and Star Trek’s a massive hit

• Me checking Telltale's Twitter on January 1st 2022 at exactly 12:00 AM and seeing no new Wolf 2 information

👀👀👀 https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1475879566002442249 https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1475880049660207114

• Yup also "Early Next Year"? Possibly in February or March most likely.

Poogers555 posted: »

Me checking Telltale's Twitter on January 1st 2022 at exactly 12:00 AM and seeing no new Wolf 2 information

• I'm gonna be a silly optimist and say maybe mid-january at the earliest.

strwar3 posted: »

Yup also "Early Next Year"? Possibly in February or March most likely.

• Holy shit guys just realized Wolf 2 means more Wolf music

• Well that could happen as well. But,who knows. I am optimistic either way

I'm gonna be a silly optimist and say maybe mid-january at the earliest.

• I like that they're hammering home that they absolutely are doing everything they can to ensure that new Telltale doesn't make the same mistakes that old Telltale did.

Ottilie says players can expect Telltale games to be essentially done when the first episode is released. This means players won’t need to wait months to see what happens next in the story. Telltale will announce its release schedule ahead of time, and fans will only have to wait a couple of weeks in between episodes.

Oh neat, they're still going for the episodic model but with a proper release schedule instead of the blindfolded game of darts of ye olde Telltale. I was honestly expecting them to just release the whole game at once, but them wanting to recapture that "I can't wait to see what happens next!" makes sense.

“Wolf 2 takes place after Snow White steps in as Deputy Mayor of Fabletown, which gets us closer to where the comic starts, but Bigby is still struggling to make the transition from the typical fairytale villain to Sheriff and protector,” Herman says. “This season explores more of the nuances and difficulties of hiding in plain sight, dealing with mostly new Fables and taking place all over New York. The city at large definitely plays a bigger role this time around.”

Looks like they'll still be adhering to the comics timeline which I didn't expect. I thought since Bill Willingham himself considered the game to be non-canon that they'd want to spread out a bit more, but who knows.

“We were pretty nervous about pitching [a prequel] to the creators, and then we specifically picked a character they hadn’t done a backstory for because we wanted to do something canon or something that could become canon for the character,” Ottilie says. “And so we really liked [Camina] Drummer.”

I wonder if this means that they actually approached The Expanse crew about making a game for them, or if they mean that they themselves had been approached them and were just nervous about pitching a game based on a fan favourite character. Either way, it's kinda funny that old Telltale was making a game for Netflix and now new Telltale is making a game for one of their direct competitors, Amazon.

Ryan Ottilie seems to be saying all the right things with them avoiding crunch, re-hiring previous Telltale employees, wanting to do right by Telltale's legacy and all that jazz. I wish Telltale nothing but the best and hope they pull it all off.

Ghetsis posted: »

https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/01/17/the-resurrection-reinvention-of-telltale-games

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2022

Either way, it's kinda funny that old Telltale was making a game for Netflix and now new Telltale is making a game for one of their direct competitors, Amazon.

Technically, Telltale 1.0 released Batman and GotG pretty close apart as well, so it’s not exactly the first time. :)

lupinb0y posted: »

I like that they're hammering home that they absolutely are doing everything they can to ensure that new Telltale doesn't make the same mist

• Oh yeah, Batman actually only had month long waits between episodes. Completely forgot about that. Guardians however had two months wait with the exception of the finale which was only a month. It was definitely more consistent, but two months is still a good while.

I remember when the Guardians game first leaked and Telltale had originally planned to have episodes release like a week or two apart. Looks like Telltale 2.0 will actually follow through with that.

Either way, it's kinda funny that old Telltale was making a game for Netflix and now new Telltale is making a game for one of their direct c

• edited January 2022

ever think about how once this game finally releases after all these years, you'll play it and then be over before you know it?

• (Oh, I was commenting on your bit about it being weird for Telltale to work with two different competitors)

Either way, it's kinda funny that old Telltale was making a game for Netflix and now new Telltale is making a game for one of their direct competitors, Amazon.

Oh yeah, Batman actually only had month long waits between episodes. Completely forgot about that. Guardians however had two months wait wit

• edited January 2022

Ah okay :P

In that case there's also the irony of Netflix helping to kill old Telltale and Amazon helping to revive them!

(Oh, I was commenting on your bit about it being weird for Telltale to work with two different competitors) Either way, it's kinda fun

• edited January 2022

Amazon helping to revive them!

You're welcome (even though I work in Customer Fulfillment and have absolutely nothing to do with TV, film, and media productions/partnerships)

Ah okay :P In that case there's also the irony of Netflix helping to kill old Telltale and Amazon helping to revive them!

• I remember when the Guardians game first leaked and Telltale had originally planned to have episodes release like a week or two apart.

when the heck was that leaked? I don't remember any of that around the time Guardians was underway, and as we know it certainly never came to pass.

That Game Informer article though... gosh, either they're great silver tongues, or we're gonna have a great company resurgence when Wolf 2 is out. I just can't believe they keep revealing more and more about their work structure at the company and it all sounds so perfect for the kinds of games TTG makes.

Oh yeah, Batman actually only had month long waits between episodes. Completely forgot about that. Guardians however had two months wait wit

• edited January 2022

I think it was people corroborating the leak and saying they heard that it was planned to have a weekly/bi-weekly release schedule. I can't find anything about it now unfortunately lol. But if you can find the very first thread about the game on the forums it should be on there, I remember a number of people talking about it.

I'm going to assume that it was Telltale's plan initially to release it quickly, but the usual development hell happened again causing them to re-write/start from scratch and they went back to their usual "guess when" schedule.

I remember when the Guardians game first leaked and Telltale had originally planned to have episodes release like a week or two apart.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.