Humble Bundle (active) and itch.io (expired) Charity Bundles for Ukraine

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited March 2022 in General Chat

March 18th Edit:

https://www.humblebundle.com/stand-with-ukraine-bundle

The itch.io bundle is expired, but now Humble Bundle is doing a $40 bundle with a more traditional variety of Steam Games, as well as 3D assets and third party courses/tutorials for Unity Engine game development.

I'm not going to do as long of a list, but the new Humble Bundle includes notable titles like Spyro Reignited Collection, Back 4 Blood, Sunset Overdrive, Satisfactory, Metro Exodus, This War of Mine, Kerbal Space Program, Quantum Break, and a loootttttttttt more.

(Basically, you're paying more money, and getting fewer games of higher quality/recognizable names/etc.)

Original Post:

https://itch.io/b/1316/bundle-for-ukraine

Similar to previous bundles for charity in the past, itch.io is doing another charity bundle for Ukraine. Similar to Humble Bundle, you can choose how much to donate (with a minimum of $10), and the profits go to charity.

itch.io is a digital game store sort of like Steam, except for indie titles, so don't go in expecting Triple A titles. Nevertheless, several titles in the bundle are notable and worth checking out.

Some more recognizable indie games included in the bundle are:

• Superhot - 83 on MetaCritic; "Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, SUPERHOT is the FPS in which time moves only when you move. No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It's just you, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing weapons off fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and maneuver through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets."
  • Celeste - 92 on MetaCritic; "Help Madeline survive her inner demons on her journey to the top of Celeste Mountain, in this super-tight, hand-crafted platformer from the creators of multiplayer classic TowerFall."
  • A Short Hike - 88 on MetaCritic; "Hike, climb, and soar through the peaceful mountainside landscapes of Hawk Peak Provincial Park. Follow the marked trails or explore the backcountry as you make your way to the summit."
  • Baba Is You - 84 on MetaCritic; "Baba Is You is an award-winning puzzle game where you can change the rules by which you play. In every level, the rules themselves are present as blocks you can interact with; by manipulating them, you can change how the level works and cause surprising, unexpected interactions!"
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! - "Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! is the massive sequel to the surprise best selling original, one of the few games that gives players complete control on how they want to build their restaurant."
  • Skatebird - "You're a lonely lil' bird, and your Big Friend has hung up their board for good. Their job sucks, and lately, they're barely ever home to play with you. You're gonna fix all that with the power of being a chill little skateboarding bird."
  • Kingdom: Two Crowns - 84 on MetaCritic; "Kingdom Two Crowns is a side-scrolling micro strategy game with a minimalist feel wrapped in a beautiful, modern pixel art aesthetic. Play the role of a monarch atop their steed and recruit loyal subjects, build your kingdom and protect it from the greedy creatures looking to steal your coins and crown."
  • Baldi's Basics Plus - "Baldi's Basics Plus is a survival horror roguelite that parodies cheap 90's edutainment and never takes itself too seriously. You will encounter strange characters, find useful items, go on field trips and more as you explore Baldi's ever changing super schoolhouse, and as you explore the game itself, you'll start to realize it is not what it seems..."
  • SideWords - "Grab a cup of coffee and relax with Sidewords. Sidewords is part logic puzzle, part word game, all original. No timers. No penalties. No pressure. Just you and a good puzzle."
  • Sagebrush - "Sagebrush is a first-person narrative adventure about exploring the compound of an apocalyptic Millenialist cult in remote New Mexico years after they collectively took their lives in a mass suicide event."

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Interesting, I'll have to look up other highlights.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Went through them all, these were the ones that caught my eye and weren't table top games (and I hadn't already played).

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2022

Today is the last day that the bundle is on sale; 5 1/2 hours remain as of this post

• There is now a Humble Bundle in 100% support of Ukraine. 122 games you can redeem for Steam, Plenty of AAA and critically-acclaimed games, for 51$CAD (I think that's about 40-45$USD?)

https://www.humblebundle.com/stand-with-ukraine-bundle

• Wow that might be the best bundle Humble has had in years.

AChicken posted: »

There is now a Humble Bundle in 100% support of Ukraine. 122 games you can redeem for Steam, Plenty of AAA and critically-acclaimed games, for 51$CAD (I think that's about 40-45$USD?) https://www.humblebundle.com/stand-with-ukraine-bundle

Sign in to comment in this discussion.