"The Lucky Ones" Episode Discussion

I caught up on the premiere of the mid-season (which I found highly compelling, apart of the ending which suggests a skip of some very interesting storylines I was looking forward to). I'll catch on the rest soon, including this one, which seems to have some Commonwealth shenanigans abound. Comment before, while, or after you watch if you want to share your thoughts.

Comments

• Another good episode. I really enjoyed Pamela visiting the different communities, though I think they did it a bit better in the comics. I do like that they brought up Deanna and that Pamela actually knew other before the apocalypse and that despite how they were both part of high society, Deanna built a community where everyone was treated fairly whereas Pamela built a community based on a class system. I do think it's weird that they didn't mention Rick at all. Also enjoyed Eugene and Max's relationship here. They're both really dorky, so they're pretty much made for each other. Really liked the end scene with Hornsby looking like an absolute psychopath. I like that the show keeps making me flip flop between thinking if he's really a villain or not.

• Finally caught up - I share similar thoughts. I think knowing Deanna pre-apocalypse is a really clever idea that 1) harkens back to the show's long history and 2) says something about Pamela.

Also, I freaking love Hornsby. The character is a tad cartoonish at times (I kind of thought the scene with Eugene last episode was a little ridiculous), but man is he fun. From that shifty smile to that shallow charisma, I delight in his character. The ending was good too with him and Aaron. I like that poor Aaron of all people has to deal with him.

lupinb0y posted: »

Another good episode. I really enjoyed Pamela visiting the different communities, though I think they did it a bit better in the comics. I d

Sign in to comment in this discussion.