Sam and Max Hit The Road Remake?

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
Wouldn't it be great if Telltale Games could give the original game a makeover? I would so look forward to the kids jumping out of Ben's nose at Mt. Rushmoore in full 3D.

:)

Comments

• edited November 2006
    It would be supergreat!.. and will probably never ever happen...
    But it would rock for sure yes =p
  • edited November 2006
    just bring back the tune at the circus (where bruno was frozen in).. that tune is the best ever..
  • edited November 2006
    why waste time and money remaking one of the most perfect games ever when they could be making new stuff
  • edited November 2006
    Pretender wrote: »
    just bring back the tune at the circus (where bruno was frozen in).. that tune is the best ever..

This one? Hall of Oddities
  • edited November 2006
    haha no that's the tunnel part.. I mean outside the tunnel..
  • edited November 2006
    Pretender wrote: »
    haha no that's the tunnel part.. I mean outside the tunnel..

Actually that's the music inside the "Hall of Oddities", where Bruno's ice-block is the only thing left of him...

Maybe you meant THIS ONE.
  • edited November 2006
    yeah that's the one!! hahah great!!
  • edited November 2006
    I really hate remakes. I hate all movie-remakes already I would hate even more remakes of games, exspecially adventure games.

If I want to replay the story, I just will play the old game.
    The energy is better used in new stories.

Just a remake or cover of the songs would be great. I would also in genreal buy a telltale-soundtrack-CD. Or is ist existing yet ?
  • edited November 2006
    Gah! I am so sick of that carnival music! Certainly, I liked it at first... but after playing the game a few times... gah! :)
  • edited November 2006
    Rehash?

No thanks.
  • edited November 2006
    Hash?

Yes please!
  • edited November 2006
    That game is so big, which means it'll probably take years instead of months to make this one.

So no thanks. I prefer the episodic approach much more.
  • edited November 2006
    Oh no ... I don't want a remake in 3D ...
    I want the new Sam & Max in 2D ...

A high Resolution and high Detail Sam & Max in 2D would be nice ... very nice ;)
  • edited November 2006
    Donar wrote: »

A high Resolution and high Detail Sam & Max in 2D would be nice ... very nice ;)

Might I suggest then that you join the team behind this game;

http://www.flintlocked.com/
  • edited November 2006
    VoodooKing wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if Telltale Games could give the original game a makeover? I would so look forward to the kids jumping out of Ben's nose at Mt. Rushmoore in full 3D.

:)
    I'm sure LucasArts wouldn't be too pleased to find another company remaking one of their games.
  • edited November 2006
    SupSuper wrote: »
    I'm sure LucasArts wouldn't be too pleased to find another company remaking one of their games.

Pooh-pooh LucasArt's - Pooh-pooh them I say!
  • edited November 2006
    Definitely do NOT remake the original. It's perfect as-is.
  • edited November 2006
    On the other hand, getting it out of that netherland of "you can only buy it online, and even then, it may be tricky" would be a good idea...
  • edited November 2006
    SupSuper wrote: »

At this point, I think most of us don't really give a damn what they think.

Anyway, after much thought. I've decided against a remake after all. There's no way I would accept anyone desecrating a classic.
  • edited November 2006
    Yeah, but you could still get a C&D... :eek:
  • edited November 2006
    What would be so great about remaking it with new graphics anyway? While I'm here, for all those posts about how Telltale ought to make the new games like the old game, the newer games are more Sam & Max-y than the old one ever was. The humour is more in line with the classic comic concept and the little touches (Sam finally gets to carry his enormous gun around!) make it to me a much better game than Hit the Road ever was. Sure, Hit the Road was good but go and play it without concentrating on the fond memories of playing it when it was new and you'll realise it's actually not as fantastic as you think. Sure, the design and humour etc. is often brillliant but Telltale have bought these exact same things into the new series and in some cases even surpassed them from Hit the Road as well as brining in many new touches that Hit the Road was totally lacking in.
  • edited November 2006
    I see absolutely no reason to remake Hit the Road. As others point out, why would anyone remake a game that's already close to perfect(and, btw, owned by LucasArts). Also, it runs flawlessly under the ScummVM, so it's not even like it's impossible to play on todays computers. I played it just the other day with no technical problems.

If Telltale remade Hit the Road, it would mean stalling the process of developing new Sam & Max episodes.

No, i see no reason for a remake, none whatsoever.
  • edited November 2006
    http://www.scummvm.org/, find an old copy and play it on you PC. hey.. I play it on my Windows Phone works AWSOME.

e..b
  • edited November 2006
    I like traditional hand-drawn adventure games better than CG 3D, anyway. Good example being the pile of crap that was monkey island 4 versus the brilliance of 1, 2, and 3.

Remaking hit the road would ruin the classicness of it to me.
  • edited November 2006
    Oh god, not this again. Alright, it's not the 3Dness you dislike, it's how half-assed some companies work on the visuals. 3D often looks/feels as good as 2D. You just need a game where the artists have been given time and a decent engine. MI4 was kind of meh because it was so EMPTY. If everything elicited the same amount of life and interactivity that the previous games did, then it would've been much better. As it was it was kind of sparse.
  • edited November 2006
    Oh, I'm so glad you are here to tell me what I disliked about games I've played in the past.

Thanks Pvt. Pubic.
  • edited November 2006
    Don't mention it. I'd be happy to do it for all the other aspects in your life as well. You don't like green, trust me, you like red.
  • edited November 2006
    That's funny - i like red! What a coincidence.
  • edited November 2006
    elsenator wrote: »
    That's funny - i like red! What a coincidence.

Not anymore! For you, I'm thinking you're going to like blue.
  • edited November 2006
    Not anymore! For you, I'm thinking you're going to like blue.

Ach, dammit! I hate blue... :p
  • edited November 2006
    Hey, you'd better do what my friend up there says and change your colour allegiance, or there could be trouble.
  • edited November 2006
    I decline! Instead, I'm gonna change my favourite color to grey! MUAHAHahahahaaa!
  • edited November 2006
    Grey = ghey.

Okay, okay. So, back on the topic of remaking the old game. You DO like 3D. Remember Grim Fandango? 3D. I bet you liked that.

Anyways, there is something that an artist manages to capture in 2D that I've never seen in 3D.

I know LOADS of 2D artists I LOVE! But, ask me to name my favourite 3D artist? Well, I can't name ONE. Because 3D loses the human touch. It all looks generic, baby. You don't get the swirl of the pen, or the thickness of the line. Nay. You get consciously manipulated vectors and nurbs, with blinn or phong materials.

Bleh.
  • edited November 2006
    Anyway, after much thought. I've decided against a remake after all. There's no way I would accept anyone desecrating a classic.
  • edited November 2006
    mikdog wrote: »
    Grey = ghey.

Okay, okay. So, back on the topic of remaking the old game. You DO like 3D. Remember Grim Fandango? 3D. I bet you liked that.

Anyways, there is something that an artist manages to capture in 2D that I've never seen in 3D.

I know LOADS of 2D artists I LOVE! But, ask me to name my favourite 3D artist? Well, I can't name ONE. Because 3D loses the human touch. It all looks generic, baby. You don't get the swirl of the pen, or the thickness of the line. Nay. You get consciously manipulated vectors and nurbs, with blinn or phong materials.

Bleh.
    That's exactly why I prefer the classic, hand-drawn art stlyes, like bill tiller's work in curse of monkey island, or steve purcell's own work in monkey island 2.

Monkey island 4 looked--and played-- like garbage.

Grim fandango was ok, but only because of the cool story.
  • edited November 2006
    Donar wrote: »

Now that... would be truly awesome!
  • edited November 2006
    Oh god, not this again. Alright, it's not the 3Dness you dislike, it's how half-assed some companies work on the visuals. 3D often looks/feels as good as 2D. You just need a game where the artists have been given time and a decent engine. MI4 was kind of meh because it was so EMPTY. If everything elicited the same amount of life and interactivity that the previous games did, then it would've been much better. As it was it was kind of sparse.
    There's a lot of arguments between CGI and hand-drawn animation. Being a cartoonist myself, I don't think CGI is bad. In fact, it can look terrific! The problem is that it's overused and, in some cases, simply doesn't work. Every project should have its own feel and theme, and all forms of animation should be considered for them: CGI, hand-drawn, stop-motion, and so on. Sam & Max work wonderfully in all mediums, though I personally would prefer old-school hand-drawn animation simply for some of the hilarious facial expressions Steve draws in his comics.
  • edited November 2006
    Don't mess with perfection, and that's exactly what the original is; pure perfection :)
    I would love to see more references to 'Hit the Road' used in the following games though: maybe even a cameo appearance of Doug the mole man!
  • edited November 2006
    While not a cameo, per se, he does appear in Culture Shock....
  • edited November 2006
    The whole arguments over Hit the road being compared to culture shock and how ppl want to see a remake of hit the road seals the deal that some of you guys just want Telltale games to release Hit the Road again as oppose to getting a new game.

I agree that HTR doesn't need a remake since the graphics is still acceptable at this age. I mean, if HTR looked like Monkey Island 1 or the old King's quest games prior to part 5, then yeah, I can see ppl wanting a remake of HTR. However, we can identify most of the objects and characters on HTR and the game has speech, so a remake isn't neccessary unless a fan or whatever makes it into a hi res 2d game. Other than that, HTR is fine
Sign in to comment in this discussion.