The game camera fights me every time I move my mouse "too fast" in camera's humble opinion

The faster I move the mouse the slower the camera gets.
What is this?
It's extremely annoying down to unplayable.
Sensitivity settings don't affect it.
I don't want to fight the camera nor will I obey its speed limits.

Comments

• edited July 2023

Yes. The mouse control implementation is a disaster. It's 2023 and this is an Unreal engine game. How the hell do developers mess up PC mouse controls in a game these days? The FPS is weird too. I have Max Frame Rate set to No and I have a 144Hz G-SYNC monitor but it still seems to be locked to 60.

Just played a bit further and met Virgil who is welding something and the rapid flashing shows vsync banding, telling me the game is certainly locked to some hard-coded framerate. I really dislike games that make my purchase of a G-SYNC monitor pointless :/

Just bought it, played for less than 30 mins so far, and seriously thinking of refunding.

• edited July 2023

Drummer's inner monologue narration audio has far too much echo. Also, when you're looking at the Command Console or mission logs screen, the ambient audio and music are muted. You should at the very least still hear ship ambient environment noise. Bit of an audio design fail there.

• edited July 2023

Just noticed that when talking to Virgil on the ship that, again, all background audio seems switched off. Just the voices of the characters in dialogue is heard giving the impression they are isolated in a studio. This is odd because the dialogue with the pilot at the start had environment audio playing. This really is poor sound design. Character dialogue should be embedded in environmental audio to 'sell' the world in which you play.

This is not worth my money. Refunding.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.