Details That People Might Forget, Don't Notice or Just Don't Know About: The Expanse

As per usual in these sorts of games, there's always some fun details you can overlook, or very obscure very in choices, perhaps even some cheeky foreshadowing, share them here!

Comments

• I guess I'll post the first detail!

During the zero G section when you get out of the first half of the ship, if you explore the left exterior side of the second half you can land on a broken off piece with a big red "barrel" thing and collect a piece of tech off of it. Maya will call you and start freaking out, telling you get away before it explodes. She then reveals it was a prank and you can respond by laughing back, threatening her with retaliation, or being pissed off.

• So THAT'S how you get that Prank choice... the end results screen surprised me, since I couldn't figure out what could have triggered a "prank/retaliate" move in any of their scripted conversations...

lupinb0y posted: »

I guess I'll post the first detail! During the zero G section when you get out of the first half of the ship, if you explore the left ext

• Not sure if this counts but uh its confirmed that finding an optional item or doing a side objective will have a key on whether someone lives or dies, which kind of stresses me out.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I figured as much, especially with how important the crystal for the operating table sounds. I got everything this episode, so I'm not worried. I am curious if it will be a case of a choice could lead to someone getting severely hurt or not, and if they do, better pray you got that crystal.

Not sure if this counts but uh its confirmed that finding an optional item or doing a side objective will have a key on whether someone lives or dies, which kind of stresses me out. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1684665761149956101

• Is there a way to check your inventory in game? I found a crystal, a cigar, a QPC (quantum processor) and a bunch of other random elctronic components i think?... would be nice to have a list to check if I managed to find everything there is....

• I think you have to make your own checklist, however I have read that the lights on the back of Camina's suit show you how much of the chapter's salvage you've collected so far!

Is there a way to check your inventory in game? I found a crystal, a cigar, a QPC (quantum processor) and a bunch of other random elctronic components i think?... would be nice to have a list to check if I managed to find everything there is....

• the lights on the back of Camina's suit show you how much of the chapter's salvage you've collected so far!

W H A T

AChicken posted: »

I think you have to make your own checklist, however I have read that the lights on the back of Camina's suit show you how much of the chapter's salvage you've collected so far!

• ...Huh, so it does.

I think you have to make your own checklist, however I have read that the lights on the back of Camina's suit show you how much of the chapter's salvage you've collected so far!

• Oh man thats a really cool detail! I really like that

• Lol I'm just repeating what some walkthrough article told me for the scavenging.

But yeah! It counts all the way up to the top of the bag.

I wonder if this means every episode is going to have the same amount of scavenging items, or if they'll all even be within the same chapter. (I can assume that due to budget, we might only get one big spacewalk sequence per episode...)

• Light trophy spoilers (potentially)

Ep4 and ep5 dont have any scavenge trophies so my guess is that whatever scavenge items are for, theyll be used in ep3 or possibly ep4 and after tht theres no more scavenging.

Lol I'm just repeating what some walkthrough article told me for the scavenging. But yeah! It counts all the way up to the top of the bag

• edited August 2023

A few things from episode 2.

Spoilers.

If you somehow missed the cigar in episode 1 or for some reason just decided not give it to Khan you miss out on her having a normal conversation with Drummer as she talks about her husband and why she hates pirates so much.

There's a hacking device you can find that can be used on Virgil's computer. You find out that he's wanted by the UNN for desertion. You can then bring this up to Virgil as he's cooking, and he reveals that the actions and decisions made by the UNN in the Asteroid Belt led to him deserting while stationed there. You can then forgive him or hold it against him.

This one's pretty obvious since she's sitting right next to it, but unless you haven't been reading the signs about Khan's missing BBQ sauce, Maya has been the one stealing it the whole time. For what, who knows, but it's sticking out of the desk at her work station.

If you get caught in the lasers, Drummer gets shot by the ships turret and she explodes lol.

All the pirates Drummer kills are stuck to the floors because of their magnet boots.

• Man, seeing a new details thread is such a throwback.

• She got me with it, I swam away but disappointed there wasn't an explosion, I did laugh it off as even though it's a bad joke, it's a bad joke you can kind of laugh at.

lupinb0y posted: »

I guess I'll post the first detail! During the zero G section when you get out of the first half of the ship, if you explore the left ext

Sign in to comment in this discussion.