Some needed criticism and hope for future episodes

I want to start off with the glaring issues I've found. Given the history of telltale and this being 'relaunch' of the company, I can't help but feel extremely disappointed. Graphics and gameplay are an obvious and well needed step forward, and the voice acting is great as always.

But the length of this episode was honestly shocking. I don't know who decided that shorter episodes were what fans and customers wanted, because they're horribly wrong on that belief. Then we have the extremely limited plot and world building. Yes, the first episode can and should keep some level of mystery, but in this episode we were given almost nothing with the writing to the point of lacking content. Compounded by the fact that there are only ever two options when there used to be at least 4-6 in dialogue, it feels barebones. This first episode was like watching the company take two steps forward and then a giant leap back. I can only hope things change in the coming episodes, because I still think there's something great here. Just my opinion, but I've been playing these games from the very start of the company. Hoping for the best

Comments

• Episode 1 did feel like an introductory episode. [SPOILERS] It started a bit slow but once you found the abandoned ship by the pirates, it became a very fun and intense experience for me and I am hopeful that the next episodes will pick up the pace. I am hopeful for episode 2.

• Also it's absolutely crazy that the final episode is only available if you pay more money. It all has a bad taste in my mouth

• Straight ass booger and obviously “censored” in a sense, Major step backwards and horrible… no absolutely abysmal performance from the writers…. I almost want a refund and re-forget telltale if this is the status quo

• I must’ve missed all that

Hypnosis posted: »

Episode 1 did feel like an introductory episode. [SPOILERS] It started a bit slow but once you found the abandoned ship by the pirates, it b

• Don´t get me wrong, compared to other Telltale games´ episode 1 this one was definitely one of the weaker ones. I still felt like there was something to like though, especially towards the end.

I must’ve missed all that

• Its a DLC episode, more or less unrelated to the rest of the season as far as I understand. What is it you want here exactly? Obviously a DLC episode will cost more money, just like 400 days, or the adventure pass in mcsm.

Also it's absolutely crazy that the final episode is only available if you pay more money. It all has a bad taste in my mouth

• I couldn't agree with you more.
    I just finished the last episode and I'm pretty disappointed too.
    I loved all the studio's previous games before it closed and I hope that this new version of Telltale will tend to make narrative games where the players have a real impact, especially on the dialogues ( most of the time we had 2 options with no impact unlike in the past where we had 4 and our choices were very important).
    Yes, the game (especially the last episode) is short, but for the studio's reboot and for €40, why not....
    Indeed, the game and characters look better, the use of the jetpack is fun, but not when it's half of ALL the first 4 episodes.

I really hope The Wolf Amoug Us 2 will be closer to the previous games with a good story, more dialogue options, longer episodes, a real narrative impact and not 30 minutes of exploration to pick up useless items.

I still support the studio and hope it improves.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.