Things I loved about Episode 1

I think some of the threads here are very critical of Episode 1, and I don't want to take anything away from those peoples' experience, but my own immediate feeling after finishing Episode 1 is I enjoyed it and I'd like to share the things I really liked.

1. I loved the art style - it's a perfect blend of realism and cartoon. I normally do not see the point of casting actors as the way they look in reality, but being a fan of the show it was great to see Drummer's face again!
  2. I think the graphics where top notch in cinematic mode on 1440p on a Geforce RTX 3070. Swimming in the vacuum between the infinite amount of broken up pieces between the larger chunks of the space hulk was really immersive. The shading of peoples faces looked great!
  3. It never occurred to me what I'd like to do if I somehow found myself in the Expanse Universe but I now realise that scavenging among wrecks in outer space is the way to go. I really enjoyed that activity!

I'm really looking forward to Episode 2 and hoping this game gets enough praise to warrant more follow-ups in the future. I'd really love an Expanse MMO at some point (although some might roll their eyes at such an outlandish suggestion, not because they don't want it themselves but because Expanse is still a marginal IP compared to some other Sci-Fi IPs). It is just too sad that such an amazing show has ended, and I'd much prefer more Expanse stuff to all these Memberberries Star Wars-on-life-support garbage that just refuses to die decades after it should have been put to rest. This game series goes some way to fill that void for me.

Keep up the good work Telltale!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.