RATE Episode 3 of The Expanse: A Telltale Series (First Ones)

Comments

• Think Im gonna go with a 3. The length really is unacceptable for the price of the game (unless ep4 and ep5 are long as fuck, but I doubt it). I continue to like most of it, outside of a few cringey life is strangey lines between Maya and Drummer.

• 3, being generous. This entire episode felt like what would've typically been the climax of a Telltale Ep 1 or Ep 2. We've reached the First Ones plot point way too late into the game and everything is just significantly less impactful than it could've been.

The Expanse is such a rich IP and I firmly believe it would've been perfect for a Telltale game but not a Deck Nine one. It feels wasted in their hands, unfortunately. And that's coming from someone who thinks Deck Nine is a really good developer in the choice-driven genre. This one is just sadly their worst outing imo. Not because it's horribly bad, but because there's so much wasted potential.

• Yeah, it did really feel short. Probably because the other eps depended on exploration a lot and this one did not have much of it.

captainivy1 posted: »

Think Im gonna go with a 3. The length really is unacceptable for the price of the game (unless ep4 and ep5 are long as fuck, but I doubt it). I continue to like most of it, outside of a few cringey life is strangey lines between Maya and Drummer.

• Yea…. I’m just deleting this game… it’s absolute ass-biscuits, I legit can’t even bring myself to wanna finish episode 2…. This game is WAY TOO SHORT for how mediocre it is. I have a bad feeling for every game forward

Sign in to comment in this discussion.